Author Topic: Are u having a hard finding or keeping your job?  (Read 1569 times)

Archetype

Re: Are u having a hard finding or keeping your job?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »
Hopefully by the time I get my college degree, the economy will be on the rebound. Untill then, I work a recession-proof job: liquor store clerk. ;D The store where I work is actually about to expand because of the increase in sales.

nice. No matter what the economy is like, people will always buy drugs and booze.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »
Hopefully by the time I get my college degree, the economy will be on the rebound. Untill then, I work a recession-proof job: liquor store clerk. ;D The store where I work is actually about to expand because of the increase in sales.

nice. No matter what the economy is like, people will always buy drugs and booze.
That's very encouraging.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »

That's very encouraging.

Hey, it's true. People like to escape their problems through inebriation.

Archetype

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »

That's very encouraging.

Or celebrate their success!

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 01:23:49 PM »

That's very encouraging.

Or celebrate their success!
thats only the people who drink champagne...   8)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 06:26:22 PM »

That's very encouraging.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Chief

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 07:54:41 PM »
i wonder how this recession will affect the mentality of the generation Y workforce. i hope they all get a kick up the ass.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 02:54:50 AM »
well i'm pretty sure i'll be able to keep my job as long as i don't rape a customer or something, but i'm tryint to move out to San Diego and it's not looking good out there. It's like i posted in another thread, they want you to have 10 years experience and have a Ph.D. for a fucking county garbage man job (joke). But shit is whack right now. i'll be the most educated Shift Leader  in the world by the time i find something else.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 07:39:46 AM »
well i'm pretty sure i'll be able to keep my job as long as i don't rape a customer or something, but i'm tryint to move out to San Diego and it's not looking good out there. It's like i posted in another thread, they want you to have 10 years experience and have a Ph.D. for a fucking county garbage man job (joke). But shit is whack right now. i'll be the most educated Shift Leader  in the world by the time i find something else.
I know it sucks.  That's pretty much why I don't really use monster.com or etc.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »
Lucky, my job is very safe no matter how the economy is doing. 
My mutual funds took a big hit, lost 15% in the 3rd quarter.  I was going to cash out and invest in real estate but it looks like I'll have to ride out the storm now.  On the other hand, I have a bunch of money in USD currency and it's really rising in value vs. the Canadian dollar so I making up a big amount of value there.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
Lucky, my job is very safe no matter how the economy is doing. 
My mutual funds took a big hit, lost 15% in the 3rd quarter.  I was going to cash out and invest in real estate but it looks like I'll have to ride out the storm now.  On the other hand, I have a bunch of money in USD currency and it's really rising in value vs. the Canadian dollar so I making up a big amount of value there.
just keep the mutual fund.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
i wonder how this recession will affect the mentality of the generation Y workforce. i hope they all get a kick up the ass.

Being born in 1985 myself, I was fortunate enough to have a good work ethic instilled in me. I spend too much money still, but never more than I actually have, and my bills are always paid on time and in excess. It helps that everything is expensive as hell so people of my generation will learn the value of a dollar. I'm glad gas prices are dropping though. $2.79 is the cheapest I've seen recently, but most are around $2.85.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 01:45:32 PM »
What the fuck>? 2.79 gas??? I haven't seen anything lower than 3.85 for over a year

herpes

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »
I found out at work we may get become a 4 day work week.  I work for a customs house broker.  We clear shit into the country.  With the insane fuel prices we had the past 6 months to a year people ship less into the country so less for us to clear.  Now with the credit freeze our whole industry works on letters of credit.  So if no one can get the credit they need even less stuff gets shipped into the country.  So our whole industry is taking a pounding right now.  My uncle has been in the same business for 40 years and he even says this is the slowest he has ever seen it.  Though it may be a blessing in disguise.  If I get cut to 4 days a week maybe I can go back to school and for the first time in my life my school my number one priority instead of some crappy job.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »
What the fuck>? 2.79 gas??? I haven't seen anything lower than 3.85 for over a year

Move to Minnesota.