Author Topic: Are u having a hard finding or keeping your job?  (Read 1541 times)

Chief

Re: Are u having a hard finding or keeping your job?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 08:40:02 PM »
i wonder how this recession will affect the mentality of the generation Y workforce. i hope they all get a kick up the ass.

Being born in 1985 myself, I was fortunate enough to have a good work ethic instilled in me. I spend too much money still, but never more than I actually have, and my bills are always paid on time and in excess. It helps that everything is expensive as hell so people of my generation will learn the value of a dollar. I'm glad gas prices are dropping though. $2.79 is the cheapest I've seen recently, but most are around $2.85.

yeah i was born in 84 and i have a good work ethic also (i think it has alot to do how i was raised, my folks were not rich and i always had to work for what i have). but alot of my colleagues expect everything to be given to them on a golden platter... maybe this will teach them a thing or two and create a better generation in the workforce.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »
i wonder how this recession will affect the mentality of the generation Y workforce. i hope they all get a kick up the ass.

Being born in 1985 myself, I was fortunate enough to have a good work ethic instilled in me. I spend too much money still, but never more than I actually have, and my bills are always paid on time and in excess. It helps that everything is expensive as hell so people of my generation will learn the value of a dollar. I'm glad gas prices are dropping though. $2.79 is the cheapest I've seen recently, but most are around $2.85.

yeah i was born in 84 and i have a good work ethic also (i think it has alot to do how i was raised, my folks were not rich and i always had to work for what i have). but alot of my colleagues expect everything to be given to them on a golden platter... maybe this will teach them a thing or two and create a better generation in the workforce.
i agree.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 04:37:41 AM »
What the fuck>? 2.79 gas??? I haven't seen anything lower than 3.85 for over a year

Move to Minnesota.

I hear they they don't take kindly to my kind around there...

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 08:11:58 AM »
To all the posters:

Is it hard to get a job in the USA for European man? I mean when I'll have the High School Diploma with economy sight? Not college, just a high school. I don't know how the USA accept the immigrants from European Union. Green card and shit? I'm still a student and I wanna move after the high school.

Just tell me something about it, thanks a lot.
It's funky enough!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 08:19:26 AM »
To all the posters:

Is it hard to get a job in the USA for European man? I mean when I'll have the High School Diploma with economy sight? Not college, just a high school. I don't know how the USA accept the immigrants from European Union. Green card and shit? I'm still a student and I wanna move after the high school.

find a job through online before you come here.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »
Thanks for an advice.

I'm gonna check it. My next question: ''Is it possible to make some very good $ out there?'' I just don't know if I go on college or not. Cause our colleges are different with yours. So it's possible that I'll waste some time here on a college and my profession in the USA will be still on high school level. Do you know what I mean?

I don't want to live in the USA because of money, but because of beauty which is there.

And leaving a job mean leaving the USA too?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:39:42 AM by Birdie »
It's funky enough!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 12:00:25 PM »
Thanks for an advice.

I'm gonna check it. My next question: ''Is it possible to make some very good $ out there?'' I just don't know if I go on college or not. Cause our colleges are different with yours. So it's possible that I'll waste some time here on a college and my profession in the USA will be still on high school level. Do you know what I mean?

I don't want to live in the USA because of money, but because of beauty which is there.

Money in USA is okay..it's not bad, but you got to work hard to get good money.  If you're worrying about education, don't be.  College is college. 

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »
In our country, people usually make more money with college education. Usually, it's not a rule. Is it similar in the US? I understand college is college and education is education, no doubt. But I want to leave my country ASAP.

I'm not a criminal, but I want to go to another place. Not post-communist state, where I live ;).
It's funky enough!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »
Thanks for an advice.

I make $11/hr for entry level stuff. I could most definately be making more without a college education, but I wanted to get into something with computers, and that pretty much requires a degree unless I was a super nerd.

And don't worry too much about finding a job in America. Most places will hire someone with a green card because it gives them a tax break and looks good on their demographics. Expect to barely scrape by until you find out what you really want to do for a career. It's sad, but kissing management ass helps too.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »
To all the posters:

Has that ever worked for anyone here? I've had absolutely no success looking for work online.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »
To all the posters:

Has that ever worked for anyone here? I've had absolutely no success looking for work online.

I found one of my jobs online. Needless to say, it was one of the worst jobs I have ever had. But checking out what places are looking for people online is a good way to gauge the needs of the market. Whether or not a person will actually get that job is a whole different story.

BTW, gas is now down to $2.75 here ;D

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »
wtf..cali be gettin raped

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
To all the posters:

But the opportunity cost is living in Minnesota!! lol

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 05:53:13 PM »
To all the posters:

But the opportunity cost is living in Minnesota!! lol

With the abundance of Fortune 500 companies within stones throw of my house, I fail to see the lack of opportunity. It's not like I live in the Iron Range or the Boundary Waters. The Twin Cities is always poppin'.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »
wtf..cali be gettin raped

You guys pay more because of taxes. Plus, we have a massive refinery 50 miles outside of the Twin Cities, and we get our oil from Canada which is only 5 hours away. It's less overhead because there is less transport involved.