Author Topic: IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A WEST COAST MEXICAN TO COME WITH A CLASSIC HIP HOP ALBUM ?  (Read 1320 times)

M.A

• 'G'
YEAH PROBLEMS DEFINATELY DOPE!!! EVERYONE WAS TWISTED THAT NIGHT AS U CAN TELL BY ALL THE EMPTY BOTTLES ON THE TABLE!!! BUT THANX 4 THE LOVE N CHECK MY NEW SINGLES W JAY ROCK N HOT DOLLAR ON MY MYSPACE N KEEP SUPPORTIN HIP HOP IN GENERAL!

M.A
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/THEMICSAPPRENTICE

BigO

So what it mean when someone like Krs1 says Hiphop is univeral? And if it looks like Ese's are having a hard time getting mainstream recognition than I guess some would say that a Native like me would have a difficult goal to achieve, but fuck dat I got a way to tha top!It is possible for anyone of any culture to follow any dream they may have.West Up! So yea, I used to like 'KnightOwl' back in tha day and 'Juvenile Style' and 'L.S.O.B' before that. Lateley I think I'm feelin' tha music that Mr.Capone got w/ his Oldies style (grandparents turntable music samples) hits collections and his music he doing w/ Fliparacci. I think B-Real got a chance, Sen Dogg, are they classified mexican? Lil' 1 always got heaters, who else?

BREAL AN SEN DOG AREN'T MEXICAN, AND THEY CLEARLY REP THEIR CULTURE.  They are Cubans.  Sen-Dog is straight from Havana, Cuba, so I would categories them as latino because of the spanish language thing, but if you know anything about Cubans, they are closer to Jamaicans and haitians than mexicans in culture (food, music, way of living, accent).  They have a very strong African Culture, like Christianity doesn't exist in cuba, their religion is called SANTERIA, that same religion is in Haiti but its not called in spanish, its called VOODOO, which is a religion brought from West African slaves who ended up being the majority in Cuba working in the sugar fields, they later mixed with the Criolle Spanish (Criolle meaning any person of pure Spaniard blood, that was raised out side of the country of Spain, in other words, when the spaniards left spain, some stayed and farmed in the carribean island, and their kids were know as Criolles, seperating them from the SPANIARDS bred in the home land)  it was a derrogatory way of calling them, but it became accepted, and they eventually intermarried with the Blacks and made what we know today as Cubans, same situation in Puerto Rico, and Dominican Republic, even Venezuela and Colombia in their costal cities

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
it depends on what you mean by classic (i personally feel that the first two psycho realm albums are classic, but thats just me)....if you mean a universally regaurded classic along the lines of an illmatic/reasonable doubt/death certificate/only built for cuban links type status, thats a whole nother monster.....you have to consider the climate of todays music and what most heads call classic nowadays....its hard enough to get a well respected/established artist to drop an album that everyone calls classic currently, so truth be told, for a mexican to do it, man, thats shit would have to be the second comming of rakim.....but seriously, theres a lot of albums i call personal classics that other heads would laugh at, so as long as its a solid album and well accepted by most, that would be good enough for me.....and if you actually look at most internet forums for who gets most respect as a chicano mc (not chicano rap, theres a difference), its very obvious that sick jacken is that dude....he gets mad respect from all the important fools who matter in this LA scene (not bullshit chicano rap/pocos pero locos circles, cuz most of those heads dont know shit), for example dilated peoples, planet asia, dj muggs, self scientific, SAS, etc, etc.....these are REAL hip hop artists who co-sign him and sick symphonies, and he gets this much deserved respect without dumbing down his music and stay true......can u say the same about any of the other aforementioned mc's? i didnt think so....hell, if that fool JOB admits that jacken is in a league of his own....and to the thread starter, not for nuthin homie, but couldnt all your thread topics have been covered in ONE thread instead of three? i see what your trying to accomplish, but damn....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 05:36:00 PM by CHUCK KNOXXX »
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

GENERAL ZOD

i could tell this fourm has alot of hate for mexicans and cholos  :'( just becasue they using hip hop as form of expression blacks should be imbrassing mexicans from the west coast - thats the only way all this racial tension can come to a end : put em up on game guide em and so forth , but all we here is hate from both sides its not the rappers thats really hateing its the fools from other places trying to give biast opinions on a place they never been to - like it or not all other races dick ride off the latino chicano culture whether its lowriders bald headed extras in there videos - names etc etc etc for instance jayo felony aka bullet LOCO eazy e had them dudes from BROWNSIDE do the boyz in the hood remake THE VATOS IN THE VARRIO all of you just forget what the chicanos have contributed to the hip hop culture - all crips & bloods got there way of dressing from the chicano gangster all them pendeltons stacy adams dickies gang signs just so many to name - now bitch ass fools in here wanna put down latinos LIKE WE ALL SELL ORANGES & MOW LAWNS blacks shouldnt forget that they were SLAVES when they came here but i guess they forget the pain there ancestors suffred.

a west coast mexican can & will make a classic hip hop album and best believe he wont be no back pack rapper he most likely be a chicano with gang background.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

i could tell this fourm has alot of hate for mexicans and cholos  :'( just becasue they using hip hop as form of expression blacks should be imbrassing mexicans from the west coast - thats the only way all this racial tension can come to a end : put em up on game guide em and so forth , but all we here is hate from both sides its not the rappers thats really hateing its the fools from other places trying to give biast opinions on a place they never been to - like it or not all other races dick ride off the latino chicano culture whether its lowriders bald headed extras in there videos - names etc etc etc for instance jayo felony aka bullet LOCO eazy e had them dudes from BROWNSIDE do the boyz in the hood remake THE VATOS IN THE VARRIO all of you just forget what the chicanos have contributed to the hip hop culture - all crips & bloods got there way of dressing from the chicano gangster all them pendeltons stacy adams dickies gang signs just so many to name - now bitch ass fools in here wanna put down latinos LIKE WE ALL SELL ORANGES & MOW LAWNS blacks shouldnt forget that they were SLAVES when they came here but i guess they forget the pain there ancestors suffred.

a west coast mexican can & will make a classic hip hop album and best believe he wont be no back pack rapper he most likely be a chicano with gang background.
are you fuckin stupid??? There are plenty of LATINOS THAT BLEW UP AND DID/DO THEY THING .......... ITS CHICANOS/MEXICANS that are the one stuck in the mud , pushing down on the accelerator. what doesnt your retarded ass dont get........... ITS NOT EVEN A DEBATE WHETHER LATINOS HAVE DID THEY THING............ we're talking about mexicants.

AND to answer your question NO! except for sick jacken..........  ANOTHER THING LOOK AT THE POPULATION OF MEXICANTS IN CALIFORNIA AND STILL CHICANO RAPS HASN'T BLOWN THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!! what the fuck does that tell yoy..... EYE MEXICANS ARE THE MAJORITY BY FAR OUT THERE..........but yet no bald headed vato hasnt blown......... once again what does that tell you?? dont take out your fustrations on others for the shortcoming of your people

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
yes. if they have good lyrics, ill concepts, and  great production.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Ratio

• Lil Geezy
LOL.....HELL YEAH!!! I BEEN SEEIN ALOTA LATIN CATZ ON THESE THREADS...LETS PUT TOGETHER A CLASSIC GET AT ME IF U WITH IT GOT REAL HOT PRODUCTION!

WUTTUP HECTIC, MDK, GUZZLE, RATIO ETC GET AT ME

MAJUICECOUNTY@YAHOO.COM

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/THEMICSAPPRENTICE

THAT'S WUZ UP M.A. I'VE BEEN SAYING WE GONNA DO A TRACK ON THE RADIO SHOW FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS....FORGOT TO TELL YOU THOUGH...I'M ALWAYS DOWN TO PUT IN WORK ON THE MIC...

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
The Mexicanz dropped some dope ass albums back in the day.

West Coast Veteran

isn't b-real half mexican well cypress hill got two classics under they belt..

full mexican cholo rapper droppin a classic? anything is possible

the problem with most CHOLO rappers is their FLOW FUCKIN SUCKS... the production is on some bootleg 1993 G-Funk...

Omar Cruz is the only one I can see coming close but he half columbian..

The only classic CHOLO rap song i can think of is a few Kid Frost songs ie. "La Raza", "No Sunshine" and Proper Dos "Tales From The Westside"..

h2k4

the problem with most CHOLO rappers is their FLOW FUCKIN SUCKS... the production is on some bootleg 1993 G-Funk...

Omar Cruz is the only one I can see coming close but he half columbian..

The only classic CHOLO rap song i can think of is a few Kid Frost songs ie. "La Raza", "No Sunshine" and Proper Dos "Tales From The Westside"..

Exactly what I was going to say.  Rappers like Lil' Rob irritate the hell out of me with their wack flow.  Guzzle, O. Cruz and probably Queenie are the only Mexican rappers I listen to.

GENERAL ZOD

queenie also gots the capability of putting together a classic

GENERAL ZOD

GENERAL ZOD

on the west coast no one gives a fuck about ricans or domincans or cubans or none of that its all mexican or central americans down here  8)

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Dj.Thirrzty - BigHouse Records'Artist/FutureStarDJ
thanks for tha education on cuban people. I didn't know that. I did think B-Real was part mexican too though? Well yeah now that you mention it lil'rob kinda sound like tha ese eminem lol but I forgot all about 'summertime'. that was like going up against green day an' shit on tha 4 play @ 4 here in vancouver of all places so that song was big. I wouldn't mind buyin' his new cd wherever it is. Queenie too cool he submitted a couple tracks for my 'West Coast Toast Mixtape Series' before. Blunts lla back in tha day too submitted a couple tracks or should I say O.Cruz, BYI doing they thing. What about Contraversy were they mexican? They were dope, Flawless 'n them.
DJ.THIRRZTY
OWNER:THIRRZTY BRAND ENT.
DJ: FUTURE STAR DJ'S
Arist: Big House Records
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJTHIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

GENERAL ZOD

yeah lil rob is a dope artist i didnt say lyrical god like jacken or o cruz but he has that cross over mass appeal