Author Topic: Ben Gordon Agrees To Qualifying Offer From The Bulls  (Read 471 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ben Gordon Agrees To Qualifying Offer From The Bulls
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:34:25 AM »
October 1, 2008 – The Chicago Bulls today announced that guard Ben Gordon agreed to accept the one-year qualifying offer that had been tendered to him by the team.

Gordon will thus be under contract with the Bulls until the end of the 2008.09 season, at which time he will become an unrestricted free-agent.

The 6-3, 200-pound Gordon has appeared in 316 games, including 128 starting assignments, in four seasons with the Bulls. During that time, he has averaged 18.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg and 2.9 apg, while shooting .432 from the field and .416 from three-point range.

Last season in 72 games, he led the team in scoring for the third consecutive season, posting 18.6 ppg and shot a career-high .908 percent (third in NBA) from the free throw line. Gordon was selected by the Bulls in the first round (third overall) in the 2004 NBA Draft.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ben Gordon Agrees To Qualifying Offer From The Bulls
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:08:10 AM »
wow dude got owned
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:05:54 AM »
^true that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
its not that bad, hes still gunna get paid...his stock really dropped after the Bulls had that shitty ass season.

herpes

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »
its not that bad, hes still gunna get paid...his stock really dropped after the Bulls had that shitty ass season.

He won't get paid like he would if he took that 5 year deal the bulls offered a while back.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 06:42:14 PM »

Actually I think his stock dropped when he came into the league as an undersized 2 guard. The FA market is never good for guys like that (Juan Dixon, Freddy Jones, etc). His dumb ass should took that 54 million dollar deal in the first place. Nobody is gonna give him that as an unrestricted FA, and he fucked off any chance at a sign and trade since CHI wont have his Bird rights to use in a sign and trade scenario. He's gonna have to settle for the MLE, with is probably about what he's worth.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
I dunno...when Rashard Lewis is getting paid $120 mill, you'd think Ben Gordan can at least get a $60 mill deal from some team who could really use him. He's one of the better 2guards in this league. Worth much more than the MLE...PeACe

herpes

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 03:30:28 PM »
I dunno...when Rashard Lewis is getting paid $120 mill, you'd think Ben Gordan can at least get a $60 mill deal from some team who could really use him. He's one of the better 2guards in this league. Worth much more than the MLE...PeACe

He is a undersized 2 guard who is very inconsistent and doesn't offer much of anything on the defensive side of the ball.  I personally think the best deal he had was the initial Bulls offer.  Unless he finds some consistency I don't think he will get that again.  Plus he will be fighting for minutes b/c the Bulls back court is pretty full right now.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »

Rashard Lewis didn't really raise the bar for anybody with that contract. He just made 29 GMs say WTF??!?!! Besides, a 6' 10", agile, athletic 3 with a hell of an offensive game and decent D is always going to be more valued than a streaky 2 in a 1's body who can't guard the 2.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:55:59 PM by Turf Hitta »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »
no way Gordon gets under 10 mill per season...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »

from who? guards are pretty abundant in today's nba. What team who is going to be far enough under the cap to sign him next year is actually going to want him? Portland will have the money but why would we want him when our back court looks like this:

Blake/Bayless (could turn out as good or better than Gordon and has pg skills)/Rodriguez
Roy/Fernandez
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:47:58 PM by Turf Hitta »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 04:34:38 PM »
Saw this coming. Niggas heads get super inflated during the offseason.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »

from who? guards are pretty abundant in today's nba. What team who is going to be far enough under the cap to sign him next year is actually going to want him? Portland will have the money but why would we want him when our back court looks like this:

Blake/Bayless (could turn out as good or better than Gordon and has pg skills)/Rodriguez
Roy/Fernandez

some team will find a way...trust me.