Author Topic: [10/02] Devin The Dude - Landing Gear [2008] [Retail] [EAC] [VBR]  (Read 978 times)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: [10/02] Devin The Dude - Landing Gear [2008] [Retail] [EAC] [VBR]
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 06:31:48 PM »
Here's a snippet of that Spice 1 track- http://www.zshare.net/audio/19909916b59ee2af/ Can't believe this didn't make the album :o

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »
another aight joint. lyrically it's good the prodution just sounds mediocre(except yo mind and can't make it home). slightly dissapointed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »
I got blazed earlier and then came home and bumped this, shit is ill... the whole album is quality, I give it a 4/5

most definitely will cop this and I strongly advise everybody else does as well  8)

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 12:47:17 AM »
is it me, or this album a bit short?

No way. Its how all albums should be. More likely to have picked all good tracks, basically there will be less filler.

Yup

BS. Havent heard the album yet, tho Im sure its pretty good but Devin can make more than 12 good tracks to put on an album. This whole short album craze is one of my main gripes nowadays about the game. Its not impossible to make an album of 20 hot songs but nowadays niggas dont even try.

So you are telling me you would rather pay for an album with half good tracks on it, half filler than an album with only 12 dope tracks on. Well you are a T.I. fan and  most his albums are half filler, so a silly question really.

No, I'd rather pay for an album with 20 something good songs on it than an album with 12 good songs on it & What the fuck do TI gotta do with this shit? You mothafuckas always bringin him up yet we the ones who supposedly riding him. Youre a white boy from England so what the fuck do you know.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 01:36:29 AM »

No way. Its how all albums should be. More likely to have picked all good tracks, basically there will be less filler.

Yup

BS. Havent heard the album yet, tho Im sure its pretty good but Devin can make more than 12 good tracks to put on an album. This whole short album craze is one of my main gripes nowadays about the game. Its not impossible to make an album of 20 hot songs but nowadays niggas dont even try.

So you are telling me you would rather pay for an album with half good tracks on it, half filler than an album with only 12 dope tracks on. Well you are a T.I. fan and  most his albums are half filler, so a silly question really.

No, I'd rather pay for an album with 20 something good songs on it than an album with 12 good songs on it & What the fuck do TI gotta do with this shit? You mothafuckas always bringin him up yet we the ones who supposedly riding him. Youre a white boy from England so what the fuck do you know.

Most albums filled to capacity are shitty. It's quality, not quantity.

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »
i agree that i rather have a 12 track classic album than an 18 song album with 8-10 good songs. the problem with a 12 track album, is (just like an 18 song album) it is nearly impossible to make an album of 12 solid tracks (now a days at least).

The 2 last "short" albums i've listened to (Devin & Termanology) were slightly disappointing. Why? Due to the fact that they were short and still had a handful of average tracks.

12 tracks - less room for error

artists now a days seem to make more error than they did in the 90s; 11-13 track albums are hardly ever GREAT anymore imo.

The only solid tracks on this album are In My Draws, I Can't Make It Home (best song), Highway, I Don't Chase Em', Yo Mind, I Need a Song

As many have said, the production is very up and down. By no means a terrible album (just many avg tracks) but probably Devin's worst.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 08:46:08 AM »
Here's a snippet of that Spice 1 track- http://www.zshare.net/audio/19909916b59ee2af/ Can't believe this didn't make the album :o

that is going to be for Spice 1's album I believe... and I can't wait for that shit to leak

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »
about the filled to capacity and being crappy: every other album that devin has released is pretty much filled to capacity. and they are all better than this one, when they decided to switch the script and put 12 tracks.

so i think he should've put more tracks on there. only 11 of the songs were new. even if he spruced it up with some more skits, or a few more comical songs, like nuthing to smoke with or reefer and beer.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:16:48 AM by DrewDogg »

Invincible

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »

Yup

How the fuck is me being white and from England mean i know nothing. I didn't diss you in any way so what the fuck. And obviously I am not riding T.I. due to the fact that I said most his albums are half filler  :eh: Just go back to listening to Paper Trail and keep jerking over it.

westsiderider323

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »

that is going to be for Spice 1's album I believe... and I can't wait for that shit to leak

wcsoldier

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »
I'm a huge fan of Devin but his 2  latest albums have been disappointed imo

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 11:57:49 AM »
I'm pretty disappointed with this,  I love "In my Draws"   "I Cant make it home"  and  "Highway" but there are way to many fillers for a album only having 12 tracks and also way to many songs about bitches like people in this thread already said,  I cant believe the track with Spice 1 isn't on this album.

DIP DIP SET SET

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 12:28:49 PM »
for the love of god some one send me a link  ;D

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 08:37:08 PM »