Author Topic: ok.. so i'm kinda out the loop...  (Read 519 times)

Don Seer

ok.. so i'm kinda out the loop...
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:12:27 AM »
as you probably have realised, i've not been around much in the last 18 months.. i'm not ever going to be about as much as i used to be.. factors are my girl, skating when its dry (england right? haha). my iphones letting me browse a bit more when i'm at my girls (half the week).. and with the changes coming to dubcc (new mods is phase 2) and some other shit that MAY happen if shit doesnt happen to our liking things will be reigned in.. so shits going to smooth a bit on the distruptive elements front

i've not been out of the game entirely, but i've missed a lot of goings on.. i'm gonna have to skim the dubcnn archives and see anything major...

i've listened to cubes, nas, games and snoops latest efforts.. (all "meh" really...) and had listened to a fair few of crookeds hiphop weeklys..  (too much boss talk.. ok we get that you are the boss... "biggest overrated sole survivor" of death row..).. i'm gonna check that spider mixtape..   but nothing has really got me interested.. hiphop seems depresed right now

the last rap album i rinsed to death (in the car) .. was k-dee.. ass, gas or cash..

btw outside rap  i've also still been listening to lots of Dylan, cash etc..  currently pretty big on the reggae/dub tip thanks to a friend of mine.. love damian + steven marley's latest efforts..

Anways.. point is.. this 'BOSS' is back..

so.. What may I have missed over the last 18 months or so?  suggest things for me to check out..

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:20:02 AM by Don Seer »

penenstamp

Okka

Re: ok.. so i'm kinda out the loop...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:36:20 AM »
Seer you should check out Daz's new album, "Only On The Left Side". Sen Dog also dropped a new solo album, Cube's was good too.
Prodigy's "HNIC 2" was a great album too, you should definently check out that too. Onyx dropped a album full of rare and some unreleased tracks.
Sticky Fingaz has a new song called "Debo The Game", check out that too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:39:59 AM by Okka »

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 04:40:55 AM »
ah new daz.. ok..  any standouts? last few daz/dpg albums shit seemed like 1or 2 reasonable tracks then filler...

btw also want to add.. stoked that finally have my music collection sorted in both itunes + windows media centre... really making progress importing/tagging everything.. have a whole bunch of vinyl to import at some point though..

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:42:50 AM by Don Seer »

Okka

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 04:44:10 AM »

ah new daz.. ok..  any standouts? last few daz/dpg albums shit seemed like 1or 2 reasonable tracks then filler...

I really liked many tracks from it, i don't know maybe you should check out the whole album?

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 04:48:02 AM »
i'm errrm ordering it as we speak ;)

Okka

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 04:51:13 AM »
i'm errrm ordering it as we speak ;)

:D

You should check out that new Prodigy album out too, it's a great album.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:55:04 AM »
:)

i have at least 20+ reggae albums to get through as well!

Rudki

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 05:00:55 AM »
Missed you Seer'  ;D

I'd say you will like majority of Daz latest album, You and I are both ATL fans, so give Hutch's  album a go its got some good cuts on there, of course The western union projects are pretty damn good.

could you let me know of the best place to get such albums delivered to us here in the UK?
Tried cduniverse but got nasty custom charges too! thanks

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 05:03:17 AM »
www.friscostreetshow.com ?

i tend to just order lots at a time to make the postage worthwhile...

rip hiphopsite.com :(

what/how many western union projects are there?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:07:28 AM by Don Seer »

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 05:14:39 AM »
You should really check out Young Maylay's The Real Coast Guard with out

doubt better than any other album or mixtape so far this year, the whole mixtape

is put together by Crazy Toones and WC is on it. The stand out track is You Aint Uh,

but every track on there is well above the standard of most West Coast albums

out at the moment

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 05:41:30 AM »
You should check Pain Language by DJ Muggs & Planet Asia. No corporate dick sucking on Pain Language, only hip-hop.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Rudki

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 05:42:51 AM »
www.friscostreetshow.com ?

i tend to just order lots at a time to make the postage worthwhile...

rip hiphopsite.com :(

what/how many western union projects are there?

that friscostreetshow is ok, il stick with cduniverse.

western union dropped an album, and there was a mixtape released on dubcnn called houseshoe music (which many preferred)
There was also Games pain remix feat bun b, jadakiss, fat joe etc which is worth checking out

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 06:38:25 AM »
all sounds sick :)

You should check Pain Language by DJ Muggs & Planet Asia. No corporate dick sucking on Pain Language, only hip-hop.

sounds good.. production by khalil, maybe even guest spots by chace? :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:08:09 PM by Don Seer »

Jome

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 07:09:30 AM »
^^ The Vault, fool!  :D

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=190227.0

What's New in The Vault is a good place to check out what you've missed out on the last couple of months..