Author Topic: Whats tha best wrestlemania ever  (Read 212 times)

HBKid_Jr

Whats tha best wrestlemania ever
« on: March 12, 2002, 05:25:38 PM »
I gotta go wit 14 even though i hate that one cuz it was HBK's last match.  But that had a great card an great matches an a lot of hype.  

HBK vs SCSA,  HHH vs Owen,   Taker Vs Kane,  Shamrock Vs tha Rock,   Tha outlaws vs Cactus Jack an terry funk.  An plus u had tyson there.  What other matches am i missin that were on this card
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

Re: Whats tha best wrestlemania ever
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2002, 05:36:49 PM »
Word, 14 was my favorite Wrestlemania. WM12 was pretty dope too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2002, 05:45:26 PM »
i liked 6, 7, 8, 14.

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 02:28:21 AM »
You can't forget Wrestlemania 10!  It had the greatest WWF match of all time in the ladder match and it had Owen vs Bret which was the shit.

I liked 7 cause of the retirement match with Warrior and Savage and the blindfold match

16 was off the hook I thought with the 4 corners and the TLC match

I would say Wrestlemania 10 was the greatest ever

Really really bad Wrestlemanias : 9 and 11 - they were TOO awful

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2002, 06:40:05 AM »
WM 1- Sucked-Honestly, rent this and see how spoiled we are today.

WM 2- Sucked as well-did unique format where they had the show take place at 3 separate arenas.

WM 3-Had Steamboat/Savage which was good..and Hogan/Giant was good for historical reasons..

WM 4-AWFUL tournament-Macho Man is an average worker at best, and watching him in 4 matches is 3 too many.

WM 5-Okay..Mega powers colliding was alright--HBK's WM Debut..

WM 6-Hogan/Warrior was much better than it should've been, but a lot of weak matches.  Piper coming out painted in half black and white is classic though.

WM 7-Hogan/Slaughter blew, but the Warrior/Savage match and angle were booked to perfection

WM 8-Flair VS Savage was good-cos Flair is awesome, Sid/Hogan blew but Warrior came back in a hot angle.

WM 9-Really bad show...Hogan wins the title in 5 seconds
after Yoko beat Bret for it.

WM 10-So so matches overall, but Bret VS Owen classic and Razor VS HBK ladder match makes it worthwhile.

WM 11-WEAK show..LT/Bam Bam sucked and HBK can only do so much with Nash

WM 12-Bad show...HBK/Hart in the Iron Match will go down as one of the most disappointing matches ever.  Nash/Taker was decent for what it was.

WM 13-Okay show--I was there live..Taker/Sid sucked of course, but Hart VS Austin was amazing.

WM 14-Good show..UT/Kane was good, HHH/Owen was good, HBK/Austin was good..TAKA VS Aguila was good, Dumpster match was fun---Enjoyable show overall.

WM 15-Austin/Rock was good, Butterbean knocking out Bart Gunn was great,  Bossman/UT Hell in the Cell was beyond bad, and Shane McMahon shocked the world in a decent match with XPac.  HHH turned heel and Big Show and Kane turned face this night--you could tell Russo was booking.

WM 16 (2000)-Lots of ups and downs.  Show starts off with the 3 bad matches, but the Dudleys/Hardys/Edge&Christian ladder match is incredible, Too Cool/Chyna VS Guerrero/Malenko/Saturn is good, and Jericho/Benoit/Angle is good despite lack of crowd heat.  The main event 4 way is going fine till the match becomes a huge cluster and focuses on the McMahons.  Overall average show.

WM 17-Best Wrestlemania EVER.  Kane/Show/Raven-Good, Test/Guerrero-Good, Taker/HHH-Great, Benoit/Angle-Great, Austin/Rock-Great, TLC match-Great, even Vince/Shane was good for what it was.  Easily, match by match, the best Mania ever.  Hell-even the Gimmick battle royal was fun.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2002, 12:18:39 PM »
1:WM 12
2:WM 6
3:WM 14

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2002, 12:40:24 PM »
1:WM 12
2:WM 6
3:WM 14

word but all WM's had their own moment
i liked 12 cuz it had the iron man match that was tight
WM 6, I didn't really see much of it but ultimate warrior/hogan was tight
WM 14 - tight as well had all these cool moments

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2002, 01:44:42 PM »
I still ain't seen X-7 yet, but I'll rank them up until X-7, so to 2000 on my favorites

16 WrestleMania 13 - The only WrestleMania that almost put me to sleep. Thank goodness for the Austin/Hart match or this one was not anything to remember. Also Undertaker finally getting the belt was tight too.
15 WrestleMania VII - Hogan vs. Slaughter... well Macho Man/Ultimate Warrior was classic. The rest of the card was alright, but no real build up of the undercard.
14 WrestleMania XI - Michaels/Diesel, great build up for an alright match. The undercard was slightly better than the two above, with Razor/Jarrett, and Bret/Backland having good matches. But very little in terms of number of matches, and too many bad workers.
13 WrestleMania IX - I liked the outdoor theme, and Yoko/Bret was a good match to watch 'cause Bret was busting his ass. Mr. Perfect pushed Luger to a good match as well, and Michaels/Tatanka was very well done. The rest of the card was... well... not as great. I was expecting more from Hogan&Beefcake/Money Inc.
12 WrestleMania 2000 - To many rushed matches. I like the card thought, but I'm more of a one-on-one type of person in terms of my WrestleManias. The four corners match was tight when it was just Triple H and Rock. Mick Foleys last match was a sad event, but he didn't perform well. Overall a good card, but too many rushed matches, thank goodness the next card, X-7, fit the traditionaal model.
11 WrestleMania 2 - A interesting consepted. I rented it two weeks ago, and missed old school wrestling bad. Each match was well planned, and it seemed as if WrestleMania was catching steam as the premer event in wrestling. Hogan/Bundy was a classic steel cage, and Savage did all he can with George Steele. Classic, though confussing being in 3 different citys.
10 WrestleMania V - The Mega Powers colide. Each match was carefully planned, McMahon was putting a lot in this WrestleMania. Bobby Henning wrestling was funny as fuck, and I'm a Jake Roberts fan, so to see him and Andre was great. Big John Studd returns to help Jake.
9   WrestleMania VIII - Talk about pulling a main event out your ass, hyping it, and it going over well, shit, Savage/Flair was classic. Great match by two great workers, and everything falls to place. Hart/Piper, and Undertaker/Roberts were also very good matches. Hogan/Justice was alright, the rest of the card was average, but the upper card caried it though fully.
8   WrestleMania IV - A tournarment for the title. Most matches were dissappointing, and I over rated this one, but to see Demolition win the tag titles for the first time, and to see the 20 man battle royal end the way it did was classic. Plus Savages preformence was UNBELIEVABLE. Even if it it fake, 3 matches in one night has to ware on a person. It made the WWF title very strong, in terms of respect.
7   WrestleMania VI - Hogan/Warrior, any questions. Great match between these two, as they worked on this match for months in advance.  The card was above average, but Hogan/Warrior blew the place apart. Great moment in wrestling history.
6   WrestleMania - the original, I've seen it over a hundred times, still love it. Andre/Studd was too slow but the rest of the matches were great. King Suge must be a younger fan, 'cause I love old school type wrestling style. Matches make more sense. Anyways, every angle the WWF had going was to be put on the spotligh right here. Hogan brought in Mr. T to help him face Roddy Piper, the number 1 heel of all time, and Paul Orndarf. All the other matches were greatly build up. To see the wrester more popularly know as IRS Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham's team up was very weird if you didn't watch wrestling back then. Every match was great.
5   WrestleMania XV - Austin/Rock, finally Stone Cold gets a chance to get back his title after the Corperation had found a way to keep it from him. Triple H's heel turn against D-X was great, and lead to his title win at SummerSlam. Shane McMahon surprised everyone with a great match with X-Pac, and basically the only match that sucked was 'Taker/Bossman. Owen Harts final WrestleMania, RIP.
4   WrestleMania XII - Iron Man match. The WrestleMania that lanched Shawn Michaels as the champion, and started the whole Bret Hart anti-WWF. The Warrior comes back and Undertaker/Diesel put on a great match, which surpised me now that I look back. Though it wasn't a big card, it was solid, and Piper/Goldust was alright, but very disturbing.
3   WrestleMania X - The WWF tried to pull out all stops to make this card a classic, and to the level of the original. Well they surpassed it with the Ladder match, and a match that will always be in my top 3 matches ever, Owen/Bret. It was a great, but again small card. I guess that was good so not to delute a great Owen/Bret match and Laddermatch. Also Bret winning the belt in the end set up plenty of Owen/Bret matches later, as Owen did pin Bert.
2   WrestleMania XIV - Oh My GOD. The most perfect card I've ever seen take place. I didn't see X-7, so to those that thought that was, I'm sorry. Michael's enterence against Austin was the best enterence any wrestler has had. Kane/Undertaker was great, and Rocky Mavia's interview was the topping off of the great cake. Taka was a great Light-Heavyweight champion, and The New Age Outlaws made there mark as one of the greatest tag teams ever, as they upset the hardcore legands, Terry Funk and Catus Jack.
1   WrestleMania III - Lets face it, Steamboat/Savage, Hogan/Andre, Robert/Honky Tonk Man, Hart Foundation/British Bulldogs. Hell this WrestleMania had everything, including King Kong Bundy squashing migets...LOL. Roddy Piper retired for the first time, defeating a also retiring Adrian Adonis. Brutus Beefcake starts his Barber gimmick, and Steamboat/Savage have the greatest match so-far in WrestleMania history, yes even better than the Hart brothers. But with the loaded and great undercard came the most important main event in the history of wrestling. Forget Hollywood Hogan and Sting, this was the true match of the centery, as the Undefeated Andre the Giant challeged the champion, Hulk Hogan, as we had two friends wage war for the most important thing in wrestling, the title. Forget what you hear, WrestleMania III is the great on of them all.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2002, 10:11:49 PM »
Owen pinned Bert! Owen pinned Bert!

ToNe1904

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2002, 10:32:49 PM »
wrestlemania back in tha day was SO much betta then now. i feel tha old school shit so much more. this new shit i aint into so much. too much glitz n fakeness. back when there were people like steamboat, ultimate warrior, bret hart, demolition, strike force, jake the snake, andre the giant, hulk hogan (NOT hollywood hogan bullshit), junkyard dog, macho man...damn, i luved tha shit back then. Back when Shawn Michaelz was tag teamed with Marti Janetti n they were called tha Rockers. LOL. way back when bret hart n tha anvil used to sport blue tights. i think tha best thing was....that when 2 superstars used to wrestle back in tha day...it was a MUCH bigger deal then now. Cus, they used to wrestle those "no name" wrestlers on tha regular saturday mornin show. So they saved tha BIG matches for BIG events...and anticipation built up. Now, when u see 2 wrestlers go at it on wrestlemania...chances are uve been seein them fight eachother for tha lass 3 months. lol. its jus wack. but oh well.

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2002, 05:17:29 AM »
wrestlemania back in tha day was SO much betta then now. i feel tha old school shit so much more. this new shit i aint into so much. too much glitz n fakeness. back when there were people like steamboat, ultimate warrior, bret hart, demolition, strike force, jake the snake, andre the giant, hulk hogan (NOT hollywood hogan bullshit), junkyard dog, macho man...damn, i luved tha shit back then. Back when Shawn Michaelz was tag teamed with Marti Janetti n they were called tha Rockers. LOL. way back when bret hart n tha anvil used to sport blue tights. i think tha best thing was....that when 2 superstars used to wrestle back in tha day...it was a MUCH bigger deal then now. Cus, they used to wrestle those "no name" wrestlers on tha regular saturday mornin show. So they saved tha BIG matches for BIG events...and anticipation built up. Now, when u see 2 wrestlers go at it on wrestlemania...chances are uve been seein them fight eachother for tha lass 3 months. lol. its jus wack. but oh well.

Your spoiled.  We should all thank God every morning that we get to see quality wrestlers and matches on Monday and Thursday night.  We can think Bischoff and Nitro for that.

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

ToNe1904

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2002, 08:00:22 AM »

Your spoiled.  We should all thank God every morning that we get to see quality wrestlers and matches on Monday and Thursday night.  We can think Bischoff and Nitro for that.

how am i spoiled? i jus felt wrestlin way more when i was little then i do now. probably cus i was a lil kid. but tha thing is, back then id actually have WANTED to watch a pay per view event. now, theres no way id pay for that shit. cus back in tha day, there was more suspense built up to big matches. not anymore. Its way more of a "show" now. too much acting, n not enuff wrestling. bullshit like stephanie mcmahon talkin on tha mic for 30 minutes a show. stupid shit like havin vince come out n talk for tha rest of tha time. we see tha "superstars" so much on normal tv now...that to see them wrestle on pay per view, isnt a big deal. i quit likin wwf all that much when steve austin became champion. it jus got wack as fuk. hes trash. i cant even look at him without thinkin..."there goes Stunning Steve Austin frum WCW, tha guy who used to get beat week to week by tha superstars" lol.

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2002, 10:25:29 AM »

how am i spoiled? i jus felt wrestlin way more when i was little then i do now. probably cus i was a lil kid. but tha thing is, back then id actually have WANTED to watch a pay per view event. now, theres no way id pay for that shit. cus back in tha day, there was more suspense built up to big matches. not anymore. Its way more of a "show" now. too much acting, n not enuff wrestling. bullshit like stephanie mcmahon talkin on tha mic for 30 minutes a show. stupid shit like havin vince come out n talk for tha rest of tha time. we see tha "superstars" so much on normal tv now...that to see them wrestle on pay per view, isnt a big deal. i quit likin wwf all that much when steve austin became champion. it jus got wack as fuk. hes trash. i cant even look at him without thinkin..."there goes Stunning Steve Austin frum WCW, tha guy who used to get beat week to week by tha superstars" lol.

::yawn::

All im saying is Im glad to see matches like Rob Van Dam VS Kurt Angle on Smackdown instead of Barbarian VS Barry Horowitz.

I win again.

ToNe1904

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2002, 11:56:40 AM »

::yawn::

All im saying is Im glad to see matches like Rob Van Dam VS Kurt Angle on Smackdown instead of Barbarian VS Barry Horowitz.

I win again.

far frum win lol. im not sayin tha regular day matches arent better. im sayin that tha wrestlemanias and other pay per view events ARENT as good. and only in TODAYS time, would a sorry fuk like Rob Van Damn be a superstar lol

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2002, 02:08:24 AM »
Rob Van Dam - Brutus Beefcake
Rob Van Dam - Brutus Beefcake

Hmmmm