Author Topic: If biggie would have survived??  (Read 414 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: If biggie would have survived??
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 03:25:15 AM »
Pac and Biggie passing allowed a lot of wackness to gain popularity in Hip Hop...

Puff was really over doing with the 80's loop samples, but BIG always destroyed those beats and was still crazy lyrical.  BIG was a necessary anchor for Bad Boy.  It's unbelievable considering what Bad Boy used to be compared to what it is now.  A shame actually.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 05:12:19 AM »
it would be crazy if big was still here.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MediumL

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 10:40:43 AM »
i heard from some interview biggie was tired of Puff making his music mainstreama nd was planning on leaving Bad Boy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 11:56:07 AM »
yeah but jay fell off as well

i aint saying he wouldnt be dope still but songs like "suicidal thoughts","me and my bitch" etc would become less and less frequent but Biggie enjoyed the good life too much for anyone to tell me he wouldnt have made a really commercial "bling bling" album...his flow and rhyme scheme would still have been on point but i think his subject matter would have nose-dived
in a way i agree wit you but i still think he woulda still made street joints.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.