Author Topic: EMINEM BEST RAPPER ALIVE?  (Read 2060 times)

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
Re: EMINEM BEST RAPPER ALIVE?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 11:14:16 AM »
Point made.  Your boy is real.  You lookin' at it in a world wide aspect, not just the industry.  In that case, fuck these overpaid industry bitch made muthafuckas.  Real music from real niggas comes from the heart of the streets.  Real Talk!
Time for a change...bring it!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »
I think if the poll was done in '03 I'd agree with it. After Encore, Em shouldn't be considered best anything. But let me clarify when I say that in '03 Eminem was the best rapper alive. That does not mean that career vs career, or all time. It means in the moment. Shaq is the greatest centre of the last ten years but by no means is he the best centre right now, so if someone asks who is the greatest centre alive that to me means that who right now is the best at that position. It's not Shaq right now even though he's still alive and still playing.

Eminem in '03 was better than anyone who was rapping at that time. Was he better than Illmatic Nas or Amerikkka's Cube? Who cares if he was or wasn't. The issue is whether he was better than '03 Nas and '03 Cube.

I won't speak for '08 anyone because I really don't listen anymore.

how can you take away because of one album. look at this fuckers shit!

Infinite - some feel this is his best and a classic.
SSLP - almost everyone agrees this is a classic album.
MMLP - see SSLP
The Eminem Show - mixed reviews, from decent, to great, to classic.
Encore - piece of shit.

so four potential classics, two for sure. not many have that to there rap name. so one wack album is going to take away for everything hes accomplished? :grumpy:

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
I think if the poll was done in '03 I'd agree with it. After Encore, Em shouldn't be considered best anything. But let me clarify when I say that in '03 Eminem was the best rapper alive. That does not mean that career vs career, or all time. It means in the moment. Shaq is the greatest centre of the last ten years but by no means is he the best centre right now, so if someone asks who is the greatest centre alive that to me means that who right now is the best at that position. It's not Shaq right now even though he's still alive and still playing.

Eminem in '03 was better than anyone who was rapping at that time. Was he better than Illmatic Nas or Amerikkka's Cube? Who cares if he was or wasn't. The issue is whether he was better than '03 Nas and '03 Cube.

MMLP - see SSLP
Encore - piece of shit.

so four potential classics, two for sure. not many have that to there rap name. so one wack album is going to take away for everything hes accomplished? :grumpy:
inifinite isnt a classic but sslp and mmlp which is his best one is a classic

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »

MMLP - see SSLP
Encore - piece of shit.

inifinite isnt a classic but sslp and mmlp which is his best one is a classic

i dont believe its a classic, but some do...not even like the groupie fans, just like hip hop fans.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:45 PM »
The only people that consider Infinite a classic are the wannabe "van guard" fans who like anything that wasn't mainstream.

Truth is the SSLP and MMLP are his ONLY (arguable) classics.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 09:37:55 PM »

MMLP - see SSLP
Encore - piece of shit.

I never said Encore takes away his past or even makes him bad, it just doesn't make him the best anymore. Think of it as an athlete. Let's say I Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now. Now this is based on his career, but more so on his most recent season. If Kobe comes out this year and scores 8 points a game, with zero assists, and doesn't run back on D then everyone will say he is not the best alive, and they'd be right to say it. Now he could very well come back the next season and become the best again, and Eminem could very come back with a masterpiece but until he does he's not the best alive anymore.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 11:55:32 PM »
Eminem the best? Get the fuck out of here!!

Ain't no best, East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy
I embrace y'all with napalm
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:57:05 PM by Rugged Monk »

wcsoldier

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 01:38:07 AM »
Eminem was an amazing rapper in his prime , the flow was agressive and the lyrics were great aswell.. all these childish/corny 1st singles hurt his legacy though and his extremely weak group named D 12 did not help either ..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 08:36:41 AM »

MMLP - see SSLP
Encore - piece of shit.

I never said Encore takes away his past or even makes him bad, it just doesn't make him the best anymore. Think of it as an athlete. Let's say I Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now. Now this is based on his career, but more so on his most recent season. If Kobe comes out this year and scores 8 points a game, with zero assists, and doesn't run back on D then everyone will say he is not the best alive, and they'd be right to say it. Now he could very well come back the next season and become the best again, and Eminem could very come back with a masterpiece but until he does he's not the best alive anymore.

well what makes you the best alive? you were the best and your still alive...the only reason this term is around is because Pac died. Nas is the best rapper alive, if you look at his catalog when he was alive he's the best. Eminem imo, is right up there in the top 5 rappers alive today who are the best.

who is the best rapper spitting at this moment of time? thats something different. that could be a few dudes...although Nas could still win that argument too.

coast2coast

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »
what was vibes top 5
1eminem 2 jay z . . .

"i roc hoes while u roc fellas"

Elano

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »
The readers of Vibe vote for Enimem as the best rapper alive what do u think?

NO :laugh:

Archetype

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2008, 10:19:35 AM »
I don't know if there is a greatest rapper alive, but eminem is pretty good and at least they didn't pick lil wayne or jay z.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »
fuck infinite, lets talk about the 4 albums that matter, the four he released since he was signed to aftermath/shady, when the whole hiphop world and pop culture knew who eminem was.

SSLP - this is a white boys classic but in terms of classic hiphop albums, this is no classic. GRODT and Documentary are both better debut albums than this but in terms of impact and who the better rapper is, ofcourse eminem at his prime is better than both 50cent and game. Without doubt is a hella dope first album though and has come classic cuts in it but it def aint a classic album.

MMLP - Would not argue if people call this a classic. Eminems best album and at his prime here. When was this released?? (the year)...2000....2001? Anyway this album is amazing, top beats, westcoast shit with eminem spittin with a perfect flow for the beats...never though a detriot whitekid could sound so good on westcoast beats but dre really had him flowing crazy on this.

Eminem show - Not a fan, he did his thing but became the thing he used to clown. Wanted awards with this album and its clear but in terms of production, this has possibly one of eminems best productions...solider.

Encore - real repitive and if his shit was not already played out in eminem show, was VERY played out by now.

So thats one classic that he could have under his belt.

Best rapper alive? At his peak...around the time of MMLP and when D12 released there debut album, yes, i would agree, he had a moment when he was truly amazing. He used to stand head and shoulders above them niggaz on d12 because he was so much better but now listening to them, they all sound like garbage including eminem.

Anyway im kinda with shallow to a certain extent...but not 03, i think that was nas time but i cannot remember but around 2001, was probably eminem at his peak...he had a few moments after, like the source disses and 8 mile but he was well past played out by that stage. Same shit, different but less quality music is what happened as eminems career developed...or stopped developing after a certain stage.

Anyway still....Eminem at his peak is a top top rapper, the best whitedude ever, no doubt and at his peak, he had a moment when he was the best too period but thats a long time ago. Not the greatest rapper alive but atleast they never chose bow wow.

I still look forward to his next album because an eminem album still would be an event within hiphop but i aint expecting hige things from him.

pz

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 12:56:25 PM »
Anyway im kinda with shallow to a certain extent...but not 03, i think that was nas time but i cannot remember but around 2001, was probably eminem at his peak...he had a few moments after, like the source disses and 8 mile but he was well past played out by that stage.

i think Shallow meant that after he released The Eminem Show & 8 Mile is was clear that he was number one of the times right there. so like from SSLP to the 8 Mile soundtrack, he was at his peak & runnin the game...soon to fall off...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2008, 01:05:05 PM »
Anyway im kinda with shallow to a certain extent...but not 03, i think that was nas time but i cannot remember but around 2001, was probably eminem at his peak...he had a few moments after, like the source disses and 8 mile but he was well past played out by that stage.

i think Shallow meant that after he released The Eminem Show & 8 Mile is was clear that he was number one of the times right there. so like from SSLP to the 8 Mile soundtrack, he was at his peak & runnin the game...soon to fall off...

i meant as in i agree with shallow as in at different times and stages, people could be argued to be the best...without someone being the best of all time...

And thats why i changed the date of 03 to 2001 imo too because i think after 01 came the time of nas possibly, not to sure on exact dates but i think the last time eminem was at his peak to me was MMLP with an expection on 8 mile were he upped his game again but yes...to me, 2001 i think was the year people could say eminem was the best.

My bad if i got you confused ;-)

pz