Author Topic: EMINEM BEST RAPPER ALIVE?  (Read 2062 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: EMINEM BEST RAPPER ALIVE?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
Anyway im kinda with shallow to a certain extent...but not 03, i think that was nas time but i cannot remember but around 2001, was probably eminem at his peak...he had a few moments after, like the source disses and 8 mile but he was well past played out by that stage.

i think Shallow meant that after he released The Eminem Show & 8 Mile is was clear that he was number one of the times right there. so like from SSLP to the 8 Mile soundtrack, he was at his peak & runnin the game...soon to fall off...

i meant as in i agree with shallow as in at different times and stages, people could be argued to be the best...without someone being the best of all time...

And thats why i changed the date of 03 to 2001 imo too because i think after 01 came the time of nas possibly, not to sure on exact dates but i think the last time eminem was at his peak to me was MMLP with an expection on 8 mile were he upped his game again but yes...to me, 2001 i think was the year people could say eminem was the best.

My bad if i got you confused ;-)

pz

sall good homie, i got you now. 8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 09:33:38 PM »
Anyway im kinda with shallow to a certain extent...but not 03, i think that was nas time but i cannot remember but around 2001, was probably eminem at his peak...he had a few moments after, like the source disses and 8 mile but he was well past played out by that stage.

i think Shallow meant that after he released The Eminem Show & 8 Mile is was clear that he was number one of the times right there. so like from SSLP to the 8 Mile soundtrack, he was at his peak & runnin the game...soon to fall off...

i meant as in i agree with shallow as in at different times and stages, people could be argued to be the best...without someone being the best of all time...

And thats why i changed the date of 03 to 2001 imo too because i think after 01 came the time of nas possibly, not to sure on exact dates but i think the last time eminem was at his peak to me was MMLP with an expection on 8 mile were he upped his game again but yes...to me, 2001 i think was the year people could say eminem was the best.

pz

I picked '03 because it was the year before Encore, but Em Show and 8 Mile were also released by that time too. I'd take him over Nas at that point too, especially in hindsight. When Stillmatic and God Son were released I was so glad he wasn't releasing another Nastradamus album and was so sick of the Jay Z 5 mic hype I was praising those albums to no end but going back to them now they aren't any better than I Am and nowhere near Illmatic. I think Em Show is better than both those albums. Many would disagree, but my idea of what an album is changed dramatically over the past few years as I started listening to and appreciating other genres of music. Eminem may have shown with MMLP his rap abilities but I always felt when he put out the Em Show he better understood what an album should be and put out a better and more solid effort with Em Show.

It's all a matter of taste though. I think saying 50's or Game's debuts are even close to SSLP is laughable. I can't get upset because the way you say Whiteboy classic I say Hip Hop classic. Chronic may be a great album of the early 90s but when compared to Vs or Nevermind it falls way short in my eyes. As good as Eminem was in '03 I would never say he even had half the talent of a Jack White.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »
he can be the best rapper alive, after crooked dies

comes back TWICE rapping with the passion of christ

the best rapper alive hasnt released an album yet then ::)

and the best basketball player alive hasn't won a title yet (lebron)

best baseball player (arod)

best NFL player (LT)

whats your point?? has crook not dropped enough tracks to prove that he's better than any1 else???  thats what i thought.

"albums" are the past, rap now is ran by mixtapes.  thats how people get heard.  ain't nobody dropping ill albums anymore.  ppl arent patient.

hack out
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2008, 10:14:10 PM »

best NFL player (LT)

wow, thats an amazing point...didnt think about it.

Doggystylin

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2008, 12:26:23 AM »
wow, they got it right, he IS the best rapper alive.

Drop A Gem On Em

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2008, 01:38:53 AM »
I agree, nobody fuckin wit him.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2008, 01:41:15 AM »
I concur...he is the best rapper alive... 8) 8) 8)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2008, 08:40:29 AM »

pz

I picked '03 because it was the year before Encore, but Em Show and 8 Mile were also released by that time too. I'd take him over Nas at that point too, especially in hindsight. When Stillmatic and God Son were released I was so glad he wasn't releasing another Nastradamus album and was so sick of the Jay Z 5 mic hype I was praising those albums to no end but going back to them now they aren't any better than I Am and nowhere near Illmatic. I think Em Show is better than both those albums. Many would disagree, but my idea of what an album is changed dramatically over the past few years as I started listening to and appreciating other genres of music. Eminem may have shown with MMLP his rap abilities but I always felt when he put out the Em Show he better understood what an album should be and put out a better and more solid effort with Em Show.

It's all a matter of taste though. I think saying 50's or Game's debuts are even close to SSLP is laughable. I can't get upset because the way you say Whiteboy classic I say Hip Hop classic. Chronic may be a great album of the early 90s but when compared to Vs or Nevermind it falls way short in my eyes. As good as Eminem was in '03 I would never say he even had half the talent of a Jack White.

Listening to other genres of music is dope, alot of people do such as myself and it helps to have a more varied ear but when you judge an hiphop album, u dont compare it with a album from another genre unless they have undeniable links. Its like comparing a maths coursework with an english literature coursework to decide how good it is when really you should be comparing them to others of their own subject.

I'd take the nas that came out with stillmatic and gods son anyday over the eminem show/encore and 8 mile eminem...though the 8 mile eminem was dope...but there was not much of him on that. But i've been here long enough to know your history about eminem and nas posts to know who you're a fan of.

To find a comment about 50's or games album being doper than SSLP as laughable is funny to me because you say they aint even close to that album but they are both better imo and i aint some stupid kid whos saying this...if you want to compare just as albums. Both have better and more crisp production, yes eminem was a better rapper at that stage of his career than game but 50 was making just as dope hiphop tracks as eminem and some better with his opening album. GRODT sold more than eminems debut and ofcourse that does not mean its a better album but it sure as hell shows the impact it made. There is alot of heat on GRODT and documentary in terms of productions and of an album being 'put together' is much better than SSLP. But then within hiphop, SSLP is not considered a classic, more something hardcore eminem fans will tell you... By the way, im not 50cent fan, im just telling you like it is...MMLP>GRODT>SSLP

Alot of different genres have great artists and its about how great they did in there body of work. I think the eminem of SSLP/MMLP/8 mile was a great artist, but as good as he was, i'd never consider him to have half the talent of michael jackson (who i've read some of your posts about) and prince.

pz

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 01:49:42 AM »

best NFL player (LT)

whats your point?? has crook not dropped enough tracks to prove that he's better than any1 else???  thats what i thought.

"albums" are the past, rap now is ran by mixtapes.  thats how people get heard.  ain't nobody dropping ill albums anymore.  ppl arent patient.

hack out

"thats how people get heard"

^^couldnt agree more...its not however how you cement a place greatest alive

your comparing crooked to lebron..difference lebron still early in his career...crooked was talkin about getting a distribution deal when i was 13...if lebron dont win shit in the next ten years they still gunna be callin him the best??,...fuck no

i mean lets compare nas discography to crooked's...oh we cant cus crookeds are mixtapes spit over un-original beats with no label pressure

its like rating the guy that can shoot a 3-pointer in his back garden to they guy that does it week in week out at a packed arena

but this is a westcoast board suprised we aint seen spiders name in here yet

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2008, 08:21:20 AM »

pz

Listening to other genres of music is dope, alot of people do such as myself and it helps to have a more varied ear but when you judge an hiphop album, u dont compare it with a album from another genre unless they have undeniable links. Its like comparing a maths coursework with an english literature coursework to decide how good it is when really you should be comparing them to others of their own subject.

I'd take the nas that came out with stillmatic and gods son anyday over the eminem show/encore and 8 mile eminem...though the 8 mile eminem was dope...but there was not much of him on that. But i've been here long enough to know your history about eminem and nas posts to know who you're a fan of.

To find a comment about 50's or games album being doper than SSLP as laughable is funny to me because you say they aint even close to that album but they are both better imo and i aint some stupid kid whos saying this...if you want to compare just as albums. Both have better and more crisp production, yes eminem was a better rapper at that stage of his career than game but 50 was making just as dope hiphop tracks as eminem and some better with his opening album. GRODT sold more than eminems debut and ofcourse that does not mean its a better album but it sure as hell shows the impact it made. There is alot of heat on GRODT and documentary in terms of productions and of an album being 'put together' is much better than SSLP. But then within hiphop, SSLP is not considered a classic, more something hardcore eminem fans will tell you... By the way, im not 50cent fan, im just telling you like it is...MMLP>GRODT>SSLP

Alot of different genres have great artists and its about how great they did in there body of work. I think the eminem of SSLP/MMLP/8 mile was a great artist, but as good as he was, i'd never consider him to have half the talent of michael jackson (who i've read some of your posts about) and prince.

pz

I don't think the difference between musical genres is as vast as the difference between English and Math. Both hop hop and rock derive from the same music; rhythm and blues. Both often set out to deliver similar products. Many rap acts use studio musicians to record tracks and then lay vocals over them just like rock acts. Calling something like Springsteen's Born To Run english while Nas's Illmatic is math is simply incorrect. Obviously the way in which the albums were created is vastly different because of the difference between the skill sets of the artists. Bruce first wrote the album on a piano, then wrote lyrics while creating vocal melodies, before he brought the band in to flesh out the tracks, while Nas wrote the words in a note pad then had various producers bring in tracks to rap over, but the finished products are closer than one would think. And the objectives of each album are almost identical.

Both Nas and Bruce bring the listener into their world of longing, frustration, poverty, crime, and angst. Both albums use the music to help tell the story. Both use poetry to define and era, and a state of mind. The only major difference I see is the point of view. Illmatic speaks from the first person testimony of Nas himself blurring the lines between fiction and reality to explain to the listener what it feels like to grow up where he grew up. Springsteen, while also speaking from the first person for the most part, does it through characters he creates in stories he is telling. Maybe Springsteen never was in a situation where his "own dream guns him down as shots echo down them hallways in the night" and Nas was never a person to really say "hand me a nine and I'll defeat foes". But those situations and many others represent the minds of kids in the 70's Harlem and Jersey, and the 90s Queens.

Anyway, as for '03 Nas, there was a time where I'd have laughed at someone saying Em was better at that time. It's just as years passed by Encore and 8 Mile stayed as good as I thought they were while God Son and Stillmatic didn't.

When I wrote the bit about the SSLP with regards to Get Rich or Game's album I started it with "It's all a matter of taste though". I think 50 and Game are so shit that to consider those albums to be anything but shit is laughable. As rappers and as produced albums. I don't care much for slick production any more, regardless of genre. I liked the raw sound of SSLP a lot better. Hell I even go so far as to say I liked it better than Dre 2001. When a record sounds too clean I don't like it as much. But it was the rapping and the comedy that made SSLP.

It's like comparing Metallica to Def Leppard in terms of production. Sure Mutt Lange was a master behind the boards and helped create a monster album in Hysteria but I'll take the raw, lesser sound quality of Master of Puppets any day of the week (Even with in Metallica albums ask most fans why Black Album was worse than Justice, and slick production will be the answer). Mutt is clearly the more talented producer. I just don't like that style anymore. And taste aside I really do think in 50 years time SSLP will be more remembered and more regarded in even rap circles, and eventually sell more than 50s or Game's debut efforts combined, but we'll have to wait and see about that.

Of course MJ and Prince are more talented than Em. I even said Jack White has more than double the talent. I can still like Em's albums better than all of MJ's, most of Prince's, and some of Jack White's and still think Em's only half the talent.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2008, 03:23:43 PM »
^ its weird, cause i like other music other then rap, now it actually makes up like 80% or more of what i listen to, but albums and tracks that i liked in my youth and my high school years, i cant objectively listen to it, it just has this nostolgia to it, and could be some crappy rap, complete song jack sample job, but i still enjoy it cause of some weird force, but on the flip hand i cant get into any new rap, or any rap that doesnt have an old feel to it, wether its like 80s break beat, or late 80s early 90s grimey jazzy style,.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2008, 04:53:22 PM »
I agree, nobody fuckin wit him.
He ain't fucking wit T.I. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2008, 05:16:54 PM »
Eminem's career takes the worlds LARGEST shit (bigger than Stan Marsh's...<-----for my South Park freinds ;)) on TI's career. :)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »
Eminem's career takes the worlds LARGEST shit (bigger than Stan Marsh's...<-----for my South Park freinds ;)) on TI's career. :)
Whatever.....without the co sign from the good doctor Em wouldn't be shit in the first place.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2008, 05:41:53 PM »
Whatever.....without the co sign from the good doctor Em wouldn't be shit in the first place.

maybe not, but neither would 50 or Bishop Lamont. without Dre, The Game could be one of those rappers on the west who dont drop albums & stay mad street, with a shitload of mixtapes. no doubt Em was a ridiculous lyricist, but Dre put him on the map. i see no harm in that.

the fact Dre decided he was going to be his protege is an honor all in itself. why didnt Dre make a strong connection with TI & produce for all his cds? :P