Author Topic: Is The Era Of The Super Producer Over?  (Read 767 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Is The Era Of The Super Producer Over?
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »
i don't see why you'd have to master any existing 'styles' apart from doing your own sound, whatever the influences may be. especially producers in the 'super producer' category should be bringing their own sound to the table. that's exactly why you could accuse timbaland of not producing 'gangsta' or 'street' tracks, cause he definitely has, just not in a familiar style.

to argue who is the best hip-hop producer is a different argument. the most street or gangsta doesn't = the best nor is it compulsory to produce anything in an already established style.

True, but for a good producer has to be versatile.  Whatever mood you are in, you can count on him to have instrumentals that will vibe to that..

Sometimes you feel in love, sometimes you feel like partying, sometimes you feel angry, depressed..

But I guess it's all a matter of taste, cuz there are alot of versatile producers out there..

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:36 PM »
statik selektah, black milk, jake one, premo, pete rock, 9th wonder

just to name a few are still making heavey beats, so no i think the era of the super producer is not over.
lol at you mentioning a bunch of producers thatīs not even close to super producer status(Premo included).

listen i bet you couldnt even name 3 songs from each of the procucers i named. Which makes your opinion absolutley meaningless.
if you think you know more about those producers then i do then you must not have a clue.

I'm saying though!  You can find no-names on the internet that are making beats like this and they are just as good!

Now, if u get into who created a particular brand of style that the new cats are perfecting..  U can name about 5 pioneers then u gotta stop!

To me a super producer can do every typa style.  Timbo, Dre West coast, NY Sample, bouncy South Lil Jon...  AND be good at all of them.

Kanye is a close one, he seemed to have accomplished many styles, even tho he's a huge sampler..

Hip-Hop=sampling

No shit Sherlock?  I meant he samples alot, more than others..  If u don't see that in his beats, u don't know Hip-Hop...

Every single DJ Premier beat is a sample. He doesn't use original material at all. The way he cuts the samples is what makes him a good producer because no one can do it like him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2008, 07:41:29 PM »

just to name a few are still making heavey beats, so no i think the era of the super producer is not over.
lol at you mentioning a bunch of producers thatīs not even close to super producer status(Premo included).

listen i bet you couldnt even name 3 songs from each of the procucers i named. Which makes your opinion absolutley meaningless.
if you think you know more about those producers then i do then you must not have a clue.

I'm saying though!  You can find no-names on the internet that are making beats like this and they are just as good!

Now, if u get into who created a particular brand of style that the new cats are perfecting..  U can name about 5 pioneers then u gotta stop!

To me a super producer can do every typa style.  Timbo, Dre West coast, NY Sample, bouncy South Lil Jon...  AND be good at all of them.

Kanye is a close one, he seemed to have accomplished many styles, even tho he's a huge sampler..

Hip-Hop=sampling

No shit Sherlock?  I meant he samples alot, more than others..  If u don't see that in his beats, u don't know Hip-Hop...

Every single DJ Premier beat is a sample. He doesn't use original material at all. The way he cuts the samples is what makes him a good producer because no one can do it like him.

Yes, we already know Premier is a huge sampler and a dope beat maker.  What is your point?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2008, 12:31:30 AM »

Hip-Hop=sampling

Yes, we already know Premier is a huge sampler and a dope beat maker.  What is your point?

The way he cuts the samples is what makes him a good producer because no one can do it like him.

That is my point. You were trying to split hairs saying Kanye samples too much, so I refuted your claim citing a very respectable producer who ONLY used samples. He doesn't use a keyboard or drums or piano, etc. Just turn tables and probably ProTools. I can't think of one Premo beat which contains any original sequence of notes that he contemplated and physically played himself.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »

Hip-Hop=sampling

The way he cuts the samples is what makes him a good producer because no one can do it like him.

That is my point. You were trying to split hairs saying Kanye samples too much, so I refuted your claim citing a very respectable producer who ONLY used samples. He doesn't use a keyboard or drums or piano, etc. Just turn tables and probably ProTools. I can't think of one Premo beat which contains any original sequence of notes that he contemplated and physically played himself.

I said Kanye is a huge sampler.  Sampling can discredit from your artistry, because of the pure nature of the method..  I don't deny that alot of people (including myself) don't care that beats have samples, and it take's some skills to arrange them...

Kanye can do alot of different styles, EVEN THO THE MOODS HE PORTRAYS ARE SOMETIMES RESPONSIBLE FROM THE SAMPLES HE USES..

There, is that better?