Author Topic: A little trick to gain control over your dreams as you sleep...  (Read 423 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
A little trick to gain control over your dreams as you sleep...
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:26:16 AM »
I learned this trick from the cult classic film "Waking Life", a movie where the main character keeps waking up to find he's in yet another dream.

Anyway, the trick goes like this.  If your in a dream, it always feels real.  But sometimes there may be moments where you have a window in which you have some presence of mind.  If you get that window, go try to turn a light on and off.  Seriously, find a light switch in your dream and try to turn it on and off.  IT'S THE ONE THING YOU CAN NEVER DO IN A DREAM!  It's fascinating, because you can do anything in a dream, you can have sex with your dream girl, be the king of the world, burn in the fires of hell... whatever you can imagine... but there's just one thing you can't do, YOU CAN NOT TURN A LIGHT ON AND OFF! 

I was having a nightmare the other night and I tried this trick for the first time, during the nightmare I was hoping maybe it was just a dream, so I went to go turn a light switch on and off, and when I couldn't I knew it was just a dream, and suddenly I GAINED POWER OVER MY DREAM, and I was able to ask myself what I wanted to do inside the dream and I actually decided to toss my enemy in the dream like 10 feet having him land on the concrete.

Anyway....I found out about this in the movie, and I tried it and it actually worked.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: A little trick to gain control over your dreams as you sleep...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:56:08 AM »
May he will help people wake up?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »
You needed a "cult classic" to find out about that one? ;)

Archetype

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:36:03 AM »
Yeah it's called "lucid dreaming", interesting stuff. A quick wikipedia search will bring you up to speed.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 02:48:45 PM »

yes
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 06:27:21 PM »
;D
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Chief

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 07:51:51 PM »
yeah its happen to me a few times where i control my dream, sometimes i know i'm dreaming and other times i just control what happens as though its normal... weird, lol.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »
Usually I don't have control of what happens in my dreams so I wouldn't be able to go find a light switch.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 04:10:51 AM »
That was definitely an interesting movie. I'll try it if I dream tonight.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 12:40:49 PM »
Whoa! i ve been fascinated by dreams my whole life, cool ill try it tonight, i have the wackiest dreams every night, sometimes im in control, other times im just a pawn

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 06:43:33 PM »
Whoa! i ve been fascinated by dreams my whole life, cool ill try it tonight, i have the wackiest dreams every night, sometimes im in control, other times im just a pawn

Your a perfect candidate to try something like this.

Basically I was in the midst of my nightmare, and I thought, "how do I get out of this"... then I remembered the light switch thing, so I went to turn the lights on and off... and when I couldn't I was suddenly empowered... I knew for sure I was having a dream so I immediately took control and turned things my way in the dream.

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »

Your a perfect candidate to try something like this.

Basically I was in the midst of my nightmare, and I thought, "how do I get out of this"... then I remembered the light switch thing, so I went to turn the lights on and off... and when I couldn't I was suddenly empowered... I knew for sure I was having a dream so I immediately took control and turned things my way in the dream.
If been doing that for a while, it's great to take control of your own dream and chance the storyline, love it

Chief

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 03:52:04 AM »
haha pretty funny i had a dream last night, knew i was dreaming, but couldnt change it  >:( lol

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 05:14:13 AM »
Interesting  8).

But I can't control my dreams at all. I'm gonna try it if I get a chance :).
It's funky enough!

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 07:25:39 PM »
haha pretty funny i had a dream last night, knew i was dreaming, but couldnt change it  >:( lol

Did you think to turn the lights on and off?