Author Topic: Why Does Snoop Not Get Grief For Using Ghostwriters?  (Read 2260 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Why Does Snoop Not Get Grief For Using Ghostwriters?
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:52:54 PM »
Is it because the perception is he co writes with them or what? Just wondering.

Lunatic

Re: Why Does Snoop Not Get Grief For Using Ghostwriters?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:56:34 PM »
hm, very good question D! im'a +1 u right now cause lord knows the haters will be hitting the infamous "diss" button in no time ;D

Im'a (throw out an answer) guess because he at one time wrote all his rhymes? Unlike Eazy or Dre who never did/have.

maybe another (possible) answer is his ghost writers are liked as well? Doc, Problem, Lucc, etc?

good topic/question though!

+1 ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
snoop is a phoney

was GREAT in the 90s

needs to hang it up now and quit pretending he's still able to rap
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »
hm, very good question D! im'a +1 u right now cause lord knows the haters will be hitting the infamous "diss" button in no time ;D

Im'a (throw out an answer) guess because he at one time wrote all his rhymes? Unlike Eazy or Dre who never did/have.

maybe another (possible) answer is his ghost writers are liked as well? Doc, Problem, Lucc, etc?

+1 ;D

I hope they do hit the diss button. If this was Ice Cube or Xzibit or even Game they would not get no pass, but why does Snoop? Co writing is one thing, but he blatantly said people wrote songs for him even on Ego Trippin. Nothing really was said about it.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:20:39 PM »

+1 ;D

I hope they do hit the diss button. If this was Ice Cube or Xzibit or even Game they would not get no pass, but why does Snoop? Co writing is one thing, but he blatantly said people wrote songs for him even on Ego Trippin. Nothing really was said about it.
ain't that the truth!

it doesn't personally bother me, and it didn't/doesn't with Eazy/Dre and wouldn't with Cube/Xzibit/Game/Etc.

Ya, he fully said songs were completely written for him on Ego Trippin

don't really know why ppl don't comment on this more

good topic-starter D!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
You can ask the same about Dr. Dre. At least Snoop writes some of his raps. Dre doesn't even create his own beats anymore, let alone write rhymes.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »

+1 ;D

ain't that the truth!

it doesn't personally bother me, and it didn't/doesn't with Eazy/Dre and wouldn't with Cube/Xzibit/Game/Etc.

good topic-starter D!

I appreciate all Dre and Eazy did for the game, but even on a rapping tip, they used them. Not to say I don't enjoy they songs, I just think man Cube wrote Eazy a killer verse or Eminem wrote Dre some heat for this album. I will give credit to the writer. ghostwriting is what it is, but I always wondered why Snoop is exempt from any flack for that.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
It seems like Ego Trippin' was an experimental experience. In one of his interviews, I remember him mentioning Diana Ross and how soul & r&b people rely on ghostwriters and that he was sort of in a position in his own career where he was able to get away with having ghostwriters. At least that's how he justified it anyway.

Here's another thought to add to the your own question D. Does having ghostwriters mean you're not considered an MC but a Rapper? The ol' MC vs. Rapper debate applies to this scenario as well, perhaps?

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »

+1 ;D

ain't that the truth!

good topic-starter D!

I appreciate all Dre and Eazy did for the game, but even on a rapping tip, they used them. Not to say I don't enjoy they songs, I just think man Cube wrote Eazy a killer verse or Eminem wrote Dre some heat for this album. I will give credit to the writer. ghostwriting is what it is, but I always wondered why Snoop is exempt from any flack for that.
oh I know u do dog! i feel u, credit to the writer is well deserved and doesn't happen as often as it should.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »
You can ask the same about Dr. Dre. At least Snoop writes some of his raps. Dre doesn't even create his own beats anymore, let alone write rhymes.

Dre does it so much it ain't even worth mentioning. With Dre I get the whole work with me and get the props, you write me a 16 and get famous deal with that.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »

Dre does it so much it ain't even worth mentioning. With Dre I get the whole work with me and get the props, you write me a 16 and get famous deal with that.
yeah, we should all be beyond talkin' about dre using ghost writers..it doesn't worry me, what would worry me is if we begin to hear dre is writing his own

jokes :laugh:

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »

Writing for Dre is a free meal ticket for life, since you'll be collecting from the publishing royalties alone, even if you never farted on the track.

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »
Its prolly cuz alota people didnt even like the Ego Trippin album and feel Snoops done better when he wrote his own shit....So its not like Snoop NEEDS these guys to write for him.  Whatever tho, I think some of the shit on Ego Trippin was dope, but Snoop can also make dope shit on his own too.

Flava In Ya Ear

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 09:30:20 PM »

But Dre is a producer first hand.

Snoop is a rapper who doesnt write. You see how that doesnt make any sense?

Snoop that nigga and i got love for him but lets be honest 9/10 cats would not get a pass from that.

The fact that Dre even gets more grief for not writing his own shit when he's a producer more than Snoop is weird.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 09:32:51 PM »
It seems like Ego Trippin' was an experimental experience. In one of his interviews, I remember him mentioning Diana Ross and how soul & r&b people rely on ghostwriters and that he was sort of in a position in his own career where he was able to get away with having ghostwriters. At least that's how he justified it anyway.

Here's another thought to add to the your own question D. Does having ghostwriters mean you're not considered an MC but a Rapper? The ol' MC vs. Rapper debate applies to this scenario as well, perhaps?

But to be honest with you, Ego Trippin did not have out of this world lyrics, ghostwritten or not. I look at the verses from Blue Carpet Treatment and they SHIT on most of Ego Trippin that both had ghostwriters. R&B is a little different, a perfect example is like a Mariah Carey. She don't write hardly any of her stuff but Snoop to most is considered a MC (well probably not anymore to most) so if I hear a really dope rhyme from him, I normally assume he wrote it. Like the song Think About It

This song lyrically is str8 insane. I would be hella disappointed if he did not write this. This is some MC shit.