Author Topic: Why Does Snoop Not Get Grief For Using Ghostwriters?  (Read 2259 times)

F-cisco

Re: Why Does Snoop Not Get Grief For Using Ghostwriters?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 08:43:33 AM »
Lyrically Dogg was good up to early 1998, before he joined No Limit. He had Bad Azz,Technique, and Kurupt writing for him. Check out "2001" and "Me and My Doggs" of "Tha Doggfather".

Chad Vader

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
I'm (throw out an answer) guess because he at one time wrote all his rhymes? Unlike Eazy or Dre who never did/have.

Hey,hey facts please  ;)
Both Dre and Eazy wrote many of their rhymes.
It's not hard to hear who wrote what if you listen to the rhymes.... and for the cats that don't have ears; you can always check the booklets.  ;)
That said,the rhymes Eazy wrote himself is pretty wak  :P :laugh:.....
Anyway;
who writes for who? (Dr.Dre)

Ren did say that Dre used to write some of his shit in the NWA days. think it might´ve been in a hiphopformula (or is it called thafomula?) interview he said it.

thaformula  ;)

MC Ren Interviews
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=131032.msg1638806#msg1638806

MC Ren - When that nigga left, I knew I had to pick my shit up 'cause Dre wasn't really no rapper.
He wasn't really no hell of a rapper back then and shit. He just would fill in.
But when Cube left he started rapping more, but I always knew I had to pick it up.
I was writing my shit, Eric's shit,

Dre was helping write Eric shit,
'cause when Cube left we still had me, D.O.C. and Dre.

ThaFormula.com - So Dre actually wrote his shit?

MC Ren -

Yeah, he wrote some of his shit.
He write some of his shit and some of his shit he don't write.
You can tell shit he writes.
D.O.C. would write a lot of Dre's shit too.
You could tell when you hear a lot of Dre shit if DOC wrote it.

8) 8) 8) ;)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »
HERE'S THE ANSWER. 

He's not known for his lyrics and is not a battle rapper, therefore he generally gets a pass.  He also doesn't hide the fact that people write for him sometimes, and have showed the ability to create on his own.

If someone like Crooked I or Kurupt, has ghostwriters there would automatically be an issue based on how they are or was considered one of the best lyricists.  Snoop never was and never claimed to be the best to my knowledge.

Same with real/fake gangstaz...if you don't claim to be gangsta then your are not judged by the critics for not being one.  And that is what most people bring up the most on Snoop, his Crip credibility if any one has issues with him.

But I have seen many interviews with Snoop and he wants people to accept him as a MC. And I have heard him MURDER many freestyles. Hell this man went bar 4 bar with Kurupt in battles I just don't see the need for him to resort so much now to having ghostwriters.

Archetype

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2008, 05:49:46 PM »
lol Grief.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2008, 05:51:43 PM »

Archetype

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »
lol Grief.

Flack, shot at, clowned, etc

i know. been a while since i heard it though,

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »
Is it because the perception is he co writes with them or what? Just wondering.

Eazy E never got greif
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

ibumps

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2009, 08:16:59 PM »
bcuz snoop was prolly one of the greatest ghostwriters himself... so he gets a pass
Nuthin but a G Thang
F*** with Dre Day
Let me ride
Lil Ghetto Boy
Damn near all of The Chronic
Then he co Wrote most of Daz raps on Dogg Food
including the raps on Bigg pimpin off Murder was the Case
Those are classics so he gets away with... get the picture

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2009, 08:45:37 PM »
bcuz snoop was prolly one of the greatest ghostwriters himself... so he gets a pass
Nuthin but a G Thang
F*** with Dre Day
Let me ride
Lil Ghetto Boy
Damn near all of The Chronic
Then he co Wrote most of Daz raps on Dogg Food
including the raps on Bigg pimpin off Murder was the Case
Those are classics so he gets away with... get the picture

DOC wrote mosta that actually

and DOC wrote Serial Killa amongst others

Slick Rick ofcourse madei the OG La Didi back around 85 or so
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:23 PM »
Is it because the perception is he co writes with them or what? Just wondering.

Eazy E never got greif

He is considered more of a founding father in helping to create gangsta rap, I will give him that as a businessman but he will never be considered one of the greatest rappers on the coast because of the fact he had ghostwriters.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »
You can ask the same about Dr. Dre. At least Snoop writes some of his raps. Dre doesn't even create his own beats anymore, let alone write rhymes.

But Dre is a producer first hand.

Snoop is a rapper who doesnt write. You see how that doesnt make any sense?

Snoop that nigga and i got love for him but lets be honest 9/10 cats would not get a pass from that.

The fact that Dre even gets more grief for not writing his own shit when he's a producer more than Snoop is weird.

The difference is that Dre doesn't write any of his own stuff. Snoop has written most of his own shit.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »
damn thats crazy
so who writes dre's muzik
past, present....(if there will be a future)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »
He is considered more of a founding father in helping to create gangsta rap, I will give him that as a businessman but he will never be considered one of the greatest rappers on the coast because of the fact he had ghostwriters.
I've always looked at that way too but if you were put Dre's name down as one of the greatest rappers and someone else were to put Eazy down, the Eazy comment would be more accepted, which is weird because Dre definetly had the more consistent flow. They both had other cats write for them though.

In regards to Snoop, it is different because Snoop has always been a rapper first. It's not like Dre, Eazy, Puffy, Jermaine Dupri, etc. were they are producers that like to roc the mic. For someone to write your chorus is one thing but to being paying for bars when you are a rapper kind of seems weird. Kind of defeats the purpose a little bit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 10:40:29 PM »
I've always looked at that way too but if you were put Dre's name down as one of the greatest rappers and someone else were to put Eazy down, the Eazy comment would be more accepted, which is weird because Dre definetly had the more consistent flow. They both had other cats write for them though.

In regards to Snoop, it is different because Snoop has always been a rapper first. It's not like Dre, Eazy, Puffy, Jermaine Dupri, etc. were they are producers that like to roc the mic. For someone to write your chorus is one thing but to being paying for bars when you are a rapper kind of seems weird. Kind of defeats the purpose a little bit.

Dre and Eazy didn't/don't write any of their own lyrics. Snoop has written most of his lyrics