Author Topic: New Raje' Interview on Soprup Radio... Check ur boy out!!!  (Read 48 times)

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
New Raje' Interview on Soprup Radio... Check ur boy out!!!
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:50:55 AM »
Exclusive Raje Interview (Speaks on Koch Album, Jazzy D, etc)

SoPrupRadio.com: Why do you feel it’s so important to not only be an artist but know the business side as well?

Raje: Because an artist has to eat!! And me personally, I find other aspects of the business the same, if not more compelling to me. I think it started with having deals on the table when I didn’t have the money for an entertainment lawyer… I decided to read up and ended up liking it.

SoPrupRadio.com: Now I know you are from Moreno Valley born and Raised and you have now moved out to Los Angeles, why did you feel you had to make that transition?

Raje: Because of Attention… Can you imagine a person trying to make it in movies but not being close to where he/she can audition? I catch a lot of slack because I’m not in the streets everyday out in the I.E. but even when I lived out there, I still wasn’t in the streets everyday…Feel me? But that is where I’m from. I had met Glasses Malone, and initially was going to be getting down with him heavy. I was showing up to all the shows and events, but when the shit was over, I might be buzzing and have a long drive ahead of me. So really, it was common sense for me. If you want to make it in music, go to where the music scene is. So I quit my job, packed up my family and moved to L.A.
And boy is it some crazy shit out here!!! hahahahah

SoPrupRadio.com: So what is it like working alongside of Jazzy Dee?

Raje: It’s like having a big brother. I was talking to Jazzy back and forth for over a year before we even sat down. When we did sit down, it was like real recognize real. Because me and my wife run our own company ASAP Consulting and Management, and he of course has Jazzy Management. So he asked us to be a part of it, and we gladly accepted and got to work! In this game, he’s so well respected and rightfully so. He kicks knowledge to a dumbed down industry. So of course he’s going to run shit… and aside from music, he’s like having a best friend. I work as an A&R for Jazzy Management and also do some engineering. So if you think you have what it takes. Shoot me an email, and I’ll let the team see what you have popping!

SoPrupRadio.com: With your business how is it helping other artists, while still doing your thing?

Raje: It’s relatively easy. I’m a fan first…of good music. What we do is help that artist that has talent, but might not know the first thing about the business or how to get their situation cracking. I have extensive contacts available to me that may not be available to an up and coming artist. So we setup studio time, features, production, etc. that coincides with their budget… or with their paycheck or hustle money…hahahaha Then we deliver a plan of action and carry through… See it’s like snoop say… when it comes to actually doing something, most niggas take a light vacation…. With us, even on the holidays, we’re still on our jobs.

SoPrupRadio.com: What singles/records can we be looking for?

Raje: Right now, I have the So Fly single bubbling. Shout out to my boy Real 8 who produced that.
I have my honestly single making some noise in the streets right now. And the Remix is coming to it soon. That’s going to include Me, Goldie Locc, Glasses, Black (Guerilla Black)… by the way shout out’s to Black, he’s like my eyes in the back of my head. He keeps me on my Ps and Q’s and schools me on anything I may need to know… and I’m learning all my cockiness from him…hahahahhah and umm… Omar Cruz is going to be on it, and I’m trying get Jay Rock, Mistah Fabb if he call me back…hahahah and I might try and sneak Mykestro on it too. It wouldn’t be properly west coasted out without Mykestro. Back to the question, I have the radio single called In My Bed about to drop… not yet though. And me and Ill Will are dropping a mixtape in November…I’m a have two other Dj’s contribute too. My boy Mixtape Assassin who also just dropped a dope ass Proof tribute mixtape… check out www.bigproof.com and Dj Killa P.

SoPrupRadio.com: What do you say to those who say a west coast rapper can’t be successful on Koch?

Raje: I’d like to know what their definition of success is. I own all my shit, and get to do exactly what I want to do. And I get paid for it… Nowadays they’d say the same thing about a west coast rapper no matter what label he was on

SoPrupRadio.com: What are your thoughts on the current state of West Coast hip-hop? Why do you think it’s so hard for west coast artist to blow up? Are they doing something wrong?

Raje: Are they doing something wrong? Not the artist… an artist paints! Then the person viewing the picture gets to decide whether or not they like it. Now, whether or not the art museum wants to place your picture in the building or not… that’s where it’s going wrong. Everyone is debating on whether or not the gang banging on every track is to blame, or Dr Dre not helping…or Snoop not helping… No, it’s us as a coast. We are not supporting each other’s music, point blank period. And everyone’s not banging on every track… someone can come out rapping like Solja Boy, but if he has support, then he will be put out. How many shows have you gone to on the west where you have a room full of artists, and no one dares bob their heads to another artists music? That’s foul! Or, Radio… no I’m not going to even get started on radio! Hahahah

SoPrupRadio.com: What is your advice to other rappers trying to go the Indy route and get with labels like Koch?

Raje: My advice would be exactly what Hot Dollar told me… Be yourself… that’s all I can say. If you need help along the way, hit me, Jazzy or Sa’Cha up…

SoPrupRadio.com: Any shout outs?

Raje: Yeah, Shout out to my whole Jazzy Management team and artists, ASAP team and artists… Sa’cha, Ashley Nikole our R&B Diva, Mike our Gospel artist and my boy Jay… Congrats to Eastwood on his deal, we’re about to go hard with Mykestro’s upcoming projects. Glasses Album dropping soon, Stage is dropping early 09. Shout out to the whole Blu-division and my boy Pooh. Shout outs to Dubcnn… Eddie why you leave!? Hahaha Special thanks to TuSlic and So Prup Radio!
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

SO PRUP