Author Topic: (VIDEO) Devin Harris gets hustled by London streetballer  (Read 1448 times)

Elano

(VIDEO) Devin Harris gets hustled by London streetballer
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
Via TrueHoop, comes this humbling clip of Nets point guard Devin Harris playing a quick game of one-on-one against some random English chap in jeans and a v-neck sweater. The outcome is surprising, to say the least.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ysv3v7uXblw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ysv3v7uXblw</a>

h2k4

Re: (VIDEO) Devin Harris gets hustled by London streetballer
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:25:47 PM »
Haha, that's cool that he admitted that the guy got him.  Most would have gotten pissed.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »
Haha, that's cool that he admitted that the guy got him.  Most would have gotten pissed.

Actually a more professional guy shouldn't have played a street game against this dude, cause you can't risk your career like that. If you get injured playing streetball you're fucked, cause you get suspended by your team, you gotta have a surgery, you loose your spot in the team, you give other teammates an opportunity to shine and to play well replacing you, you loose money from sponsors, your coach and the staff of your team loose the respect for you, etc.. And this game was even televised, fucking moron! Let's say the guy got him cause he wasn't even trying to play hard, trying to stay injury-free and shit. But still.. if you can't play, don't play. Or you get shitted on.

P.S. I'm a fan of Devin Harris, but he looked like a complete idiot in this video.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:39:11 PM by Antonio »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 12:51:23 PM »
just saw it on yahoo

AMAZING
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Elano

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 02:19:13 PM »
P.S. I'm a fan of Devin Harris, but he looked like a complete idiot in this video.

::)

h2k4

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »

Actually a more professional guy shouldn't have played a street game against this dude, cause you can't risk your career like that. If you get injured playing streetball you're fucked, cause you get suspended by your team, you gotta have a surgery, you loose your spot in the team, you give other teammates an opportunity to shine and to play well replacing you, you loose money from sponsors, your coach and the staff of your team loose the respect for you, etc.. And this game was even televised, fucking moron! Let's say the guy got him cause he wasn't even trying to play hard, trying to stay injury-free and shit. But still.. if you can't play, don't play. Or you get shitted on.

LOL, how did he look like a complete idiot?  You think everyone in the NBA doesn't play street ball in their spare time or do other activities?  Alot of NBA players play at the Rucker for that summer league.  I think you're taking it a little too far.

bez

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 04:04:54 AM »
Thats the shit right there.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:41:22 AM »

LOL, how did he look like a complete idiot?  You think everyone in the NBA doesn't play street ball in their spare time or do other activities?  Alot of NBA players play at the Rucker for that summer league.  I think you're taking it a little too far.

and other basketball tourneys. I think Antonio is over-reacting just a bit...a lot of NBA players do play in street ball tourneys..like you said for charity and other shit
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:08:17 AM »
Yeah, i over-reacted. I mean it was an official NBA tour, and the club gave him permission to play there. My bad.

The fact is that every summer a lot of players gets injured by doing dumb things or by playing those kind of un-authorized games. I still remember Radmanovic who got injured playing snowboard, or Jay Williams who almost got killed in a motorcicly accident, or Jason Collins who will miss a pair of months after he had an accident with a golf car (the one they use in golf clubs.. LOL), or Smith from Philadelphia who will likely miss the entire season after he got injured in one of those streetball games. And the list is very long (lol, i forgot to mention Monta Ellis getting into a mo-ped accident ;D).

It's not a joke. But in this case Harris had the authorization, so it's all good.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
This is not some random English dude. He's a street ball legend and he got game... still lol@thinking Harris was even trying. He's one of the fastest guys in the NBA and he settled for a very weak jump shot from the spot instead of running a bit, etc
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 10:15:40 AM »
Damn my dude got lit up lol

If I was the Nets GM I would be pissed. I wouldn't want any of my players taking a chance on some streetball shit.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
that UK streetballer got some game man

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »
This is not some random English dude. He's a street ball legend and he got game... still lol@thinking Harris was even trying. He's one of the fastest guys in the NBA and he settled for a very weak jump shot from the spot instead of running a bit, etc

He wasn't obvioulsy even trying it. Like i said, if you can't play, don't play.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
Damn my dude got lit up lol

If I was the Nets GM I would be pissed. I wouldn't want any of my players taking a chance on some streetball shit.

That's what i said. But it was an NBA Tour or something like that. Authorized by the League and shit. And Devin didn't even try to risk his ankles. That's why i said he looked like an idiot.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
not takin anything away from dude but anyone thinkin harris gave it 100 from the jump is crazy....highlight of whiteboys life