Author Topic: New 808's And Heartbreak details from a listening session (tracklist)  (Read 662 times)

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
Re: New 808's And Heartbreak details from a listening session (tracklist)
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »
I can't wait.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

J. Bryson

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »
I have some quotes from the SOHH story that worry me

"West delivered a monologue about how this album is about the freedom to do what you want to do and that he used Auto-Tune because it is the most fun thing ever."

it's fun? u gotta be kidding me..this job is serious and although it is fun, u gotta make good music.. kanye + auto tune - average/shitty music

"If I wanna rap, I'll rap," he said. "If I wanna sing, I'll sing

your skill is rapping, stick to it..

Admitting that the album was put together in the time span of three weeks

3 weeks for a whole album? that can't be nothin' but bad news

why can't he do an album he wants to do? he can do whatever he wants, if he wants to make an album with all singing and autotune, then he should, becuase he can. if he wants to make a country album, go right ahead, this is america. it's all about doing what you want to do, fuck other people, i say more power to him. obviously he doesn't care what people think of him, or are even going to think of this album. and like the article says, he's got another album coming in june which is probably going to be rap so i think everyone needs to chill.

also, i don't think the album being done in 3 weeks is such a bad thing. obviously the man has tons of things on his mind, which is when you write the most and the best. sometimes being a perfectionist can be a bad thing.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »

"West delivered a monologue about how this album is about the freedom to do what you want to do and that he used Auto-Tune because it is the most fun thing ever."

it's fun? u gotta be kidding me..this job is serious and although it is fun, u gotta make good music.. kanye + auto tune - average/shitty music

why can't he do an album he wants to do? he can do whatever he wants, if he wants to make an album with all singing and autotune, then he should, becuase he can. if he wants to make a country album, go right ahead, this is america. it's all about doing what you want to do, fuck other people, i say more power to him. obviously he doesn't care what people think of him, or are even going to think of this album. and like the article says, he's got another album coming in june which is probably going to be rap so i think everyone needs to chill.

also, i don't think the album being done in 3 weeks is such a bad thing. obviously the man has tons of things on his mind, which is when you write the most and the best. sometimes being a perfectionist can be a bad thing.

we as fans want a rap album. hes trying to get that fake Wayne fanbase, with the autotune & shit. whatever, he's the only one in the game who can pull an album off like this. :-\

TRG

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 07:50:20 PM »
"Heartless" in full but unmastered i believe

http://www.zshare.net/audio/20614334b605967b/

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »
"Heartless" in full but unmastered i believe

http://www.zshare.net/audio/20614334b605967b/

thank you very much sir! +1

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 08:04:56 PM »

i think your looking too much into it with the freedom stuff. ofcourse he can do it if he wants, but it doesn't mean that's a good enough reason to make such a poor decision.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Invincible

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »
Autotune all the way? damn it i was looking forward to this album as well. But like that guy said, he can do what he wants. Consider this a non purchase for me.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »
sure.. he wants to have fun with his autotune... let him.

i wont be buying it. if you can't sing - DONT. let john legend do the album, fuck off.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »

i think your looking too much into it with the freedom stuff. ofcourse he can do it if he wants, but it doesn't mean that's a good enough reason to make such a poor decision.

he got a point tho..what kanye eat dont make none of us shit...dont like it dont buy it or download it..

every artist take risk... i mean he took a risk speedin up samples like he did...if boys want a rap album...go back n listen to the ones he has...or its 900,000 other rappers...

TomHill

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 12:13:53 AM »

we as fans want a rap album. hes trying to get that fake Wayne fanbase, with the autotune & shit. whatever, he's the only one in the game who can pull an album off like this. :-\

SHUT THE FUCK UP, WHO ARE YOU TO SPEAK FOR KANYE FANS, WHAT IF THEY WANT A POP ALBUM AND NOT A RAP ALBUM YOU STUPID FUCK FACE STUPID BITCH MOTHER FUCKER

penenstamp

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »
This is probably the first Kanye album I'm not buying.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »

SHUT THE FUCK UP, WHO ARE YOU TO SPEAK FOR KANYE FANS, WHAT IF THEY WANT A POP ALBUM AND NOT A RAP ALBUM YOU STUPID FUCK FACE STUPID BITCH MOTHER FUCKER

i am a Kanye fan & if you actually read the posts of the other members, i am not the only one who wants a rap album. ;)

BIG D O

• 'G'
  • Spreadin' That Good Music....
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »
checked for his first two albums, but haven't checked for anything since....this man went off the deep end and really I don't consider him just exclusively a hip-hop artist anymore....he's definitely blending genres now and creating something new that is more widely accepted by the white middle and upper class....it's not my thing, but i'm proud of that brutha for pushing the envelope musically and being an independent thinker and not bein afraud to be himself....

Out Now!!

Download for free here:
www.myspace.com/d_o_beatz

CHECK THE ILLEST BLOG ON THE NET:
www.purehip-hop.blogspot.com

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 12:49:00 AM »
This is probably the first Kanye album I'm not buying.

David Gutterman

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 03:00:28 AM »
this is going to be wierd

got damm Auto-Tune