Author Topic: New 808's And Heartbreak details from a listening session (tracklist)  (Read 666 times)

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
Re: New 808's And Heartbreak details from a listening session (tracklist)
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO SMOKE BETTER WEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMOKE SOME KUSH AND THEN LISTEN TO THE SHIT...

I personally look forward to Kanye's new album... QUIT HATING ON AUTO-TUNE, FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR ENERGY, YOU ARE WASTING IT ON HATING....

Look, Auto-Tune to music is like Graphics processors to movies... if people didn't use them, we wouldn't have the Spider man Trilogy, and movies like Shrek...... Auto-Tune is an advancement in the way you hear sound, that's it.....

and look at it this way, had Kanye did the same song without Auto-Tune, you'd hate that even more than you hate Auto-Tune.... keep it real people....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Matty

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »
i would not liken 'autotune' to special effects in movies and i think its crap. if you wanna do an electronic voice you gotta do it the funky troutman voicebox way 8)

everyone to their own though.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 12:05:17 PM »
i would not liken 'autotune' to special effects in movies and i think its crap. if you wanna do an electronic voice you gotta do it the funky troutman voicebox way 8)

everyone to their own though.

Before we even get into this conversation, how much do you know about music theory? Engineering???? because I can't reason with a brick wall.....

Auto-Tune is a brilliantly written program, and performs MANY other functions besides the "T-Pain" affect.... INFACT, many of your favorite rappers still use auto-tune on their vocals, but they are not using it the same way.... Check thy Self before Ye Wreck Thy Self.....

And if you want to get super techincal.... there are MANY MANY MANY different ways to generate digital voices, and many different "vocoders" and modulation effects.....

and all you people hating on Auto-Tune, would you all of a sudden be happy if you found out it was an actual vocoder? or would you just find somethin new to hate on????? think about it and get back to me...
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

Matty

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 12:41:12 PM »
it doesn't matter how great it is technically i don't like the sound of most of the effect on all these t-pain and now kanye records. i don't understand why the technical aspects are that important when i say that the end result doesn't sound pleasing to me.

i'd like to hear all the reasons for your appreciation of it though. break it down for a brick wall.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »
honestly, i am anticipating this. i wanna hear the whole album though. i love when an album like goes real smooth & sounds like an album. i dont want 3 other tracks to leak. i wanna be surprized on the day it comes out.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »

I personally look forward to Kanye's new album... QUIT HATING ON AUTO-TUNE, FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR ENERGY, YOU ARE WASTING IT ON HATING....

Look, Auto-Tune to music is like Graphics processors to movies... if people didn't use them, we wouldn't have the Spider man Trilogy, and movies like Shrek...... Auto-Tune is an advancement in the way you hear sound, that's it.....

and look at it this way, had Kanye did the same song without Auto-Tune, you'd hate that even more than you hate Auto-Tune.... keep it real people....

i agree..

plus he does rap on the album...

somebody usin auto-tune.'s album...rydin down the freeway...with a a-1 system... 2nd to none..

ion see what the problem is...back in the gap... people hated on the talk box..same way they hatin on auto tune

hate comes in cycles...

weird boyz can listen to a roger album..but cant stomach a kanye album..

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 03:49:04 AM »
How good can a listening party be when you cant make out the tracks

"Even though it was hard to make out lyrics over the booming system, we believe we heard Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy rapping on two tracks"

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »
album could be dope, Heartless is growing on me
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »

On the real, we shouldn't have to TRY to like something... why smoke up and listen to kanye in an attempt to like it when you know theres other stuff you would like even more blazed?

Nah. Autotune is a replacement for talent. CG lets the studios do things that jus wouldn't be possible without them. Not to mention that CG is always getting closer and closer to real life, while autotune always [the way its used nowadays...] has the ripples in rappers voices and the robot effect. If Kanye used autotune like it was intended (and how he's used it on other albums...) - he would sound normal, people would be none the wiser, and the music would be better.

Nah man. Kanye used autotune on Hey Mama, Spaceship, and Southside - and he sounded great. The problem isn't inherently with autotune. It's a good tool for people, its just that the way T-Pain and the people he influenced use it sounds wack

weird boyz can listen to a roger album..but cant stomach a kanye album..[/color][/b]

Different strokes, different sounds. I'll probably never tire of talkbox - I loved it even before I knew what it was. I still remember the first time I heard T-Pain on his autotune kick, though... not the same effect. Some peope can still rock it right (Pain... Kanye did on Put On), but its way too overused right now.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »

On the real, we shouldn't have to TRY to like something... why smoke up and listen to kanye in an attempt to like it when you know theres other stuff you would like even more blazed?

Ummm, Buddy, that's the way it was written!!!!!!!!!! You know the rumors about people in the music industry doin drugs.... it's true.... YUP!

Nah. Autotune is a replacement for talent. CG lets the studios do things that jus wouldn't be possible without them. Not to mention that CG is always getting closer and closer to real life, while autotune always [the way its used nowadays...] has the ripples in rappers voices and the robot effect. If Kanye used autotune like it was intended (and how he's used it on other albums...) - he would sound normal, people would be none the wiser, and the music would be better. [/quote]
I can't argue wit this one, your opinion is your opinion...... I still don't think Auto-Tune is a replacement for talent....
T-Pain, WRITES, PRODUCES, AND ENGINEERS his own shit... you might not like they guy's music, but you CAN NOT tell me he doesn't have talent..... I'd like to see you do half of what he does....

Nah man. Kanye used autotune on Hey Mama, Spaceship, and Southside - and he sounded great. The problem isn't inherently with autotune. It's a good tool for people, its just that the way T-Pain and the people he influenced use it sounds wack[/quote]
Again, your Opinion, whatever, as long as you hate the sound because you hate the sound.... a lotta these people say they can't stand T-Pain/Kanye/Wayne, but I bet half of them walk around singing the songs..... KEEP IT REAL!

weird boyz can listen to a roger album..but cant stomach a kanye album..[/color][/b]

Different strokes, different sounds. I'll probably never tire of talkbox - I loved it even before I knew what it was. I still remember the first time I heard T-Pain on his autotune kick, though... not the same effect. Some peope can still rock it right (Pain... Kanye did on Put On), but its way too overused right now.
[/quote]

Granted, some songs do not sound good in Auto-Tune, that's more user error than anything else.... it's a great program, and even with T-Pain's settings, it's a great affect that is DIFFERENT FROM A TALK BOX.... Most folks hate on it because they feel like Auto-Tune is cheating.... That's the type of bullshit that makes me say "you people need to smoke better weed" if you just don't like the sounds, you just don't.... but if you don't like the sound because you think it's overused (not paying attention to the particular song), or because it's cheating on the old school sound (even though it sounds different) or simply because the last song you heard used it, then you need to slap yourself in the forehead!!!!!

Judge the music on it's strengths alone, not against the last song you just heard.....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

coast2coast

• 'G'

"i roc hoes while u roc fellas"