Author Topic: IF IT SELLS, SELL IT?  (Read 282 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
IF IT SELLS, SELL IT?
« on: October 15, 2008, 01:28:02 PM »
If a singer/rapper/rocker etc.. wants to write songs and put them out there with whatever subject matter:
(drugs, sex, money, bitches, girls, country, cars, entertainment,gang-bangin',thuggin',politics, whatever it might be)

Is it ok?  If it sells or if fans like what that person is puttin out there, is ok to release it?

for example:
older heads be hatin sayin gangsta rap is bad, but if it sells and a certain crowd wants it, its ok right to put it out there?
AFTER ALL NOONE IS FORCED TO BUY, LISTEN, OR TAKE WHATS BEIN' SOLD!
and that goes for any subject
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
Re: IF IT SELLS, SELL IT?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »
all the backpackers is gunna hate, but YES, IT'S OK!!!

fuck what you heard homie, niggas is tired of being broke and college don't work for everyone.... if i gotta put out a stupid ass song to buy my momma her own house and buy me my own house, then that's what I'm gone do....

Period!!!!!

It might sound cras, but homie, this is what we got to work wit.... You can be poor and a Hip-Hop purist if you want to, but at the end of the day, providing financially for my family means more to me than Hip-Hop does.... sorry to break it to ya....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 02:44:53 PM »
nah Im wit it, its the fuck faces/industry thats agaisnt it!

for example: cats at my work (which they are 1000's of)  not everyone but there are many of them out there

they complain that gangsta rap
-ruins childrens lives (but video games/t.v./violence at home is ok)
-discrimination toward woman (when some woman don't mind and enjoy and like the muzik)
-not a good look for much young kids (but its ok for them to watch cartoons-which can be jus as bad)

but they don't say the same thing about country

but they wont argue that country artists say the same typa shit and are jus as much of a problem as gangsta rap!
but thats how much they want to hate, there is no problem but accordin to them there is, jus for the gangsta rap genre tho!

trust me im all for whatever the artist(s) wants to put out, but theres alot of hate put on "the gangsta rap" area of muzik!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:46:31 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 03:30:12 PM »
The thing with rap is, it was built off of speaking the truth. I don't care what the next rapper does in terms of getting money. They are their own people and they can choose to release whatever they want to, but we all know most of them aren't ballin' or sell kilos of cocaine like they say they do.

At the end of the day, I just don't buy the albums I don't support. It's up to the artist to decide what is the best image to portray and stay true to it. Take Rick Ross for example. The guy acts like a gangsta, but he was part of the police force. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a CO like Rick Ross was, but most get annoyed when they put their trust into a rapper to speak the truth and they don't.

As far as hurting the community, most parents blame rap for all sorts of problems, but it's because they themselves aren't home enough to monitor what their kids do. It's like how most people pop pills to treat symptoms they have instead of cutting out the thing that is causing the problem in the first place.

midwestryder

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
If a singer/rapper/rocker etc.. wants to write songs and put them out there with whatever subject matter:
(drugs, sex, money, bitches, girls, country, cars, entertainment,gang-bangin',thuggin',politics, whatever it might be)

Is it ok?  If it sells or if fans like what that person is puttin out there, is ok to release it?

for example:
older heads be hatin sayin gangsta rap is bad, but if it sells and a certain crowd wants it, its ok right to put it out there?
just because it sells does not make it right or good thing . is crack a good thing but it sells. so get off this crap you guys are on because we have responciablity to future & today

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »

for example:

just because it sells does not make it right or good thing . is crack a good thing but it sells. so get off this crap you guys are on because we have responciablity to future & today

There is a large fundamental difference between crack and music. One ruins lives, whereas the other is entertainment.

midwestryder

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

for example:

just because it sells does not make it right or good thing . is crack a good thing but it sells. so get off this crap you guys are on because we have  to future & today

There is a large fundamental difference between crack and music. One ruins lives, whereas the other is entertainment.
that is not true at all . music also ruins lives & teaches people bad things. entertainment is not all good & needs to take responciablity for it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 06:02:43 PM by midwestryder »

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 06:23:04 PM »

for example:

just because it sells does not make it right or good thing . is crack a good thing but it sells. so get off this crap you guys are on because we have  to future & today

that is not true at all . music also ruins lives & teaches people bad things. entertainment is not all good & needs to take responciablity for it.

You are being way too fanatic. I have never seen someone lying in the gutter begging for money to buy the new Lil Wayne album.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »

for example:

You are being way too fanatic. I have never seen someone lying in the gutter begging for money to buy the new Lil Wayne album.
lmao...I can actually picture that happening bruh...weezy dickriders would do anything,lol...

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:06:03 AM »

for example:

Yo, MidWestryder?
Yo, on the real homie, people need to take responsibilities for their own actions. That is not being taught to children when Everytime somethin goes wrong, a million other people are blamed for, or even given credit for, the event. And, the truth is... as it always has been...YOU!!!!! Stop blaming other mutha fuckas.... it was you... if you pick up a gun an shoot someone, don't be that much of a bitch to turn around and blame a song you were listening to.... WE ALL KNOW THAT'S BULLSHIT.... Why the hell would you even bring that in here????

Music does not influence the person, the people influence the music!
That's why I hate the "This is Real Hip-Hop" people so fuckin' much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, if you are speaking rhymes over a 4/4 beat, you are rapping, which means the song you create is Hip-Hop! PERIOD!
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REAL HIP-HOP, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAKE HIP-HOP!!!! THERE ARE ONLY REAL AND FAKE PEOPLE IN HIP-HOP!!!!!!!!!

So if one side of the game makes more money than the other side of the game, who are you to say that going to the winning side for financial gain (especially when many of us come from poverty) is wrong or not right for an upward moving society???
'Nough Said....

Now go listen to my new track "Parkin Lot Drinker" on my myspace page, the link is in my signature....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:13:23 AM by El the Self Image »
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »
you speakin some real shit El the Self Image off top!
see how others try and blame muzik (jus like 8Ball and MJG said) for their actions!

for example:

Yo, MidWestryder?
Yo, on the real homie, people need to take responsibilities for their own actions. That is not being taught to children when Everytime somethin goes wrong, a million other people are blamed for, or even given credit for, the event. And, the truth is... as it always has been...YOU!!!!! Stop blaming other mutha fuckas.... it was you... if you pick up a gun an shoot someone, don't be that much of a bitch to turn around and blame a song you were listening to.... WE ALL KNOW THAT'S BULLSHIT.... Why the hell would you even bring that in here????

Music does not influence the person, the people influence the music!
That's why I hate the "This is Real Hip-Hop" people so fuckin' much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, if you are speaking rhymes over a 4/4 beat, you are rapping, which means the song you create is Hip-Hop! PERIOD!
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REAL HIP-HOP, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAKE HIP-HOP!!!! THERE ARE ONLY REAL AND FAKE PEOPLE IN HIP-HOP!!!!!!!!!

So if one side of the game makes more money than the other side of the game, who are you to say that going to the winning side for financial gain (especially when many of us come from poverty) is wrong or not right for an upward moving society???
'Nough Said....

Now go listen to my new track "Parkin Lot Drinker" on my myspace page, the link is in my signature....
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 12:10:46 PM »
damn real shit again!!!!

for example:

Cube