Author Topic: 50 Cent's reality show to debut on MTV 11/6  (Read 499 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent's reality show to debut on MTV 11/6
« on: October 15, 2008, 03:24:02 PM »
The press release:

New York, NY (October 15, 2008) – 50 Cent (aka Curtis Jackson) was the top earning rapper in 2007, earning an astonishing $150 million, according to Forbes magazine. He parlayed a stake in Vitamin Water to a 9-figure payout and he continues to be the single savviest businessman in the music game. As he puts it, “If I was just my image, I wouldn’t have made this much money.” 50 Cent’s success is nothing less than the American dream and this show is his coming out party as an inspiration to a new generation of street-savvy entrepreneurs. His forthcoming book, “The 50th Law,” co-authored with Robert Greene (”The 48 Laws of Power”), will share the lessons he learned as a street hustler and how those lessons allowed him to become the massive success he is today. In “50 Cent: The Money and the Power,” hosted by and starring 50 Cent, he will share these lessons with a lucky few. The winner, the young man or woman whose ideas and drive make them worthy of 50’s support, receives a $100,000 investment from 50 Cent himself. “50 Cent: “The Money and the Power” will premiere on MTV on Thursday, November 6th at 10pm ET/PT.

“50 Cent: The Money and the Power” contestants worked together while also living at “Camp Curtis,” a Brooklyn warehouse where they slept in tents named after the five boroughs of New York City. The 14 wannabe moguls, personally hand-picked by 50 Cent, compete in inventive challenges that 50 Cent helped to create, while mastering the skills that took the rapper from his hard-knock life to the top of corporate America. Each week, 50 Cent will narrow down his search by testing the candidates on the knowledge he has taught them while pushing them to their limit. Viewers will be treated to special appearances by LL Cool J, Aubrey O’Day of Danity Kane, Lloyd Banks and radio personality and blogger Miss Info. And since no business mogul can work alone, 50 Cent recruited his G-Unit label mate Tony Yayo to be his “Underboss” and right hand man. Yayo kept contestants in line for 50 Cent throughout series.

Ultimately, the last individual standing will, in 50’s eyes, possess the strongest combination of business flair, strength, ambition, and fearlessness to win the $100,000 and help achieve their dream and pave the way to future mogul status. “50 Cent: The Money and the Power” was mostly shot in New York City (in and around Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, etc…) and will have ten one hour episodes.

In addition to his record label, G-Unit Records, 50 Cent has enjoyed enormous global success across a vast array of entrepreneurial ventures, including videogames, books, clothing, footwear, beverages, personal care products, automotive and more. 50 Cent is set to deliver his fourth major label album, Before I Self Destruct (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope), on December 9, 2008. Accompanying the album is the gritty feature length film, Before I Self Destruct, which 50 Cent wrote, directed and starred in.

“50 Cent: The Money and the Power” is Executive Produced by 50 Cent. Michael Hirschorn, Stella Stolper and Michael Bloom of Ish Entertainment are Executive Producers. Sacha Jenkins and Gabe Alverez are Co-Executive Producers. Chris Lighty and Laurie Dobbins of Violator are Co-Executive Producers. Bruce Klassen is Supervising Producer. Tony DiSanto, Liz Gateley and George McTeague are creative executives overseeing project for MTV. “50 Cent: The Money and the Power” is produced by MTV and Ish Entertainment.

His own reality show on MTV. 50's career is officially over, apparently.

Camp Curtis :laugh:

AnybodyKilla

Re: 50 Cent's reality show to debut on MTV 11/6
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 03:46:48 PM »
Him doing other things to make money is ending his career.....?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »
The Apprentice had a three-some with From Gz To 'Gents & the ghetto.

and the result is...CAMP CURTIS! :D

tomFS08

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 12:26:13 PM »
Yeah, the show premieres this Thursday (November 6) @ 10 pm, and it's kind of a street hustler’s take on “The Apprentice” and “Survivor.” Catch a sneak peek here of a serious girl fight that breaks out:, and find out more at http://50cent.mtv.com. What do you think?

-Tom with MTV

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »
saw the commerical for this, the show looks horible. I can promise you this show wont even make it threw the whole season...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »
saw the commerical for this, the show looks horible. I can promise you this show wont even make it threw the whole season...

it should be entertaining...well know after 3 episodes.

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »
Yeah, the show premieres this Thursday (November 6) @ 10 pm, and it's kind of a street hustler’s take on “The Apprentice” and “Survivor.” Catch a sneak peek here of a serious girl fight that breaks out:, and find out more at http://50cent.mtv.com. What do you think?

-Tom with MTV

lol
"Come do my nails!!"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »
I can barely stand reading his interviews, i'm not gonna sit through a piece of shit (mtv) reality show about him.

Muhfukka

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »
its going to be him acting like hes a marketing/ financial genius because he made money off a line of shoes

tomFS08

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »
Hey everyone. It’s Tom again from MTV. Thanks for all the feedback! I thought I would check back and see if anyone had any thoughts on the premiere?

Also wanted to pass along that http://50cent.mtv.com has 50 Cent Dailies - unedited and uncensored footage that can’t be shown on TV. There’s some crazy stuff on there. Check it and let me know what you think.

- Tom

tomFS08

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »
Hey it’s Tom again from MTV. Just wanted to pass along the sneak peek for Thurs’ new episode of The Money and the Power: . Enjoy!

- Tom with MTV

tomFS08

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »
Haven't seen much back and forth lately, but wanted to make sure you all knew the show has new tune in. Its airing at 10pm on Thursday on MTV2 and 1am on MTV. If you missed last night's episode, catch it here http://www.dashadyboard.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv.com%2Fvideos%2F50-cent-the-money-and-the-power-ep-5-the-hustlers-eye%2F1600700%2Fplaylist.jhtml%23id%3D1600700.

Tom, with 50 and MTV

Muhfukka

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »
fuck you and mtv tom

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »
His own reality show on MTV. 50's career is officially over, apparently.
'

I hope your uneducated self realizes the difference between appearing in a reality show, and having your own reality show.