Author Topic: Eminem Reveals Title Of New LP: Relapse  (Read 976 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Eminem Reveals Title Of New LP: Relapse
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »
MC reveals title at book-release party in New York.

Guess who's back?

Some four years after the release of his last full studio album, 2004's Encore, Eminem confirmed Wednesday night that his new LP will be called Relapse. Em made the announcement during a launch party for his new autobiography, "The Way I Am," and previewed a track from the effort, titled "I'm Having a Relapse," which kicks off with the familiar lyric "Guess whose back?," before he launches into his trademark flow.

While rumors have suggested the disc would be dubbed King Mathers, among other titles, the reclusive Eminem put those rumors to rest Wednesday in an interview with Angea Yee from the rapper's Sirius Satellite channel, Shade 45.

"There are a lot of fake album titles floating out there — a lot of bullsh-- titles," he told Yee. "The real title of my album that's coming out is called Relapse."

Various media reports suggest the title may actually be R3LAPSE, but Eminem has not yet confirmed the spelling of the disc's name. Some reports suggest that the album will be released after 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct hits stores December 9; Eminem, recently chosen by the readers of Vibe as the best rapper alive, will be making a guest appearance on that effort.

While no release date for the album has been announced, 50 Cent and members of G-Unit have said it's coming soon. 50, who was on hand for the event, referred to the release of his forthcoming album, Before I Self Destruct, then Relapse; and then, presumably in 2009, Dr. Dre's oft-delayed Detox as a "three-headed monster," and said, "It's a story actually ...Before I Self Destruct, I'll Relapse, then Detox.

G-Unit member Tony Yayo and DJ Whoo Kid told MTV News similar info recently, and provided some details on the albums. Early last month, 50 Cent hinted that Em's sixth was on the way.

"You'll be seeing him shortly," the rapper told the BBC. "He's working. I spent the weekend at his house. Even though he tries to relax and stay home, it's impossible for him to stay in. A lot of material he wrote prior to this is being scrapped. He's got to feel like it's just happened, it's new and it's current. That's just how he is creatively as an artist."

mtv.com

penenstamp

Re: Eminem Reveals Title Of New LP: Relapse
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:29:21 AM »
I C4Nt w4iT FoR ThIs 4LbUm1111!! hIhI LoL *oNe lUv*

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:40:48 AM »
While no release date for the album has been announced, 50 Cent and members of G-Unit have said it's coming soon. 50, who was on hand for the event, referred to the release of his forthcoming album, Before I Self Destruct, then Relapse; and then, presumably in 2009, Dr. Dre's oft-delayed Detox as a "three-headed monster," and said, "It's a story actually ...Before I Self Destruct, I'll Relapse, then Detox".

I'm not lookin' out for 50's record all that much, and there's no telling when and if Detox will be out, but that right there is a dope concept if they can pull it off by releasing the albums close enough to each other.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:59:39 AM »
Here's the interview from Em & 50. Some good news: Em said Dre did the majority of the album and Em just wrote the lyrics and didn't have to concentrate on the production, which means = no Em beats, lots of Dre. And 50 said the only guest on BISD so far is Eminem.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3sX0Xb_R7M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X3sX0Xb_R7M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZHFYCRecRU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iZHFYCRecRU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Invincible

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »
Here's the interview from Em & 50. Some good news: Em said Dre did the majority of the album and Em just wrote the lyrics and didn't have to concentrate on the production, which means = no Em beats, lots of Dre. And 50 said the only guest on BISD so far is Eminem.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3sX0Xb_R7M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X3sX0Xb_R7M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZHFYCRecRU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iZHFYCRecRU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I thought Dre was gonna be rapping on BISD. As he has appeared on all of Em's previous albums, I'm expecting an appearance on Relapse too.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »
good news; i think 50 and em are really gonna bring it this time around. will see on dre ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »
Hopefully this will be a return to form for the both of them.

I'm actually looking forward to it

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »
Before I Self Destruct, then Relapse; and then, presumably in 2009, Dr. Dre's oft-delayed Detox as a "three-headed monster," and said, "It's a story actually ...Before I Self Destruct, I'll Relapse, then Detox.

NOW THATS ONE OF A HELLA CONCEPT!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 02:05:11 PM »
But wouldn't you relapse after you detox? otherwise its not a relapse, just the same old, right?

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:55 PM »
wow, sounds dope!  :o

Matty

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »
before they were saying detox them em. now em then detox. detox stays at the back of the grid because it has less chance of dropping/more chance of getting pushed back into oblivion. if 50 and em's cds are hot then i might give dre some more slack on the whole detox delays but by interscope's logic aren't 50 and em going to distract people from detox, like 'grow up' supposedly was. i feel sorry for bishop, he has less and less chance of dropping an lp on aftermath and the reformation won't be half as fresh if its just sitting around for 9 months plus.

IF detox is absolutely massive, which is quite a challenge in today's climate and also considering some of dre's recent output, then jimmy might allow to bishop to put a lp out. it would have to have a strong dre backing to profit off the whole detox thing. but 2001 was a big enough album and hittman never came out. any thoughts?

dameons

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Detox = next summer.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 03:40:58 PM »
IF detox is absolutely massive, which is quite a challenge in today's climate and also considering some of dre's recent output, then jimmy might allow to bishop to put a lp out. it would have to have a strong dre backing to profit off the whole detox thing. but 2001 was a big enough album and hittman never came out. any thoughts?
Hittman didn't have the kind of publicity that Bishop's had though. Hittman pretty much came out of nowhere on 2001 and the label didn't really push him after that. The only promo I remember was the snippet of "Last Days" at the end of the "Forgot About Dre" video.

Now I know Bishop hasn't gotten any more from the label either - in fact they've only held him back on releasing his official album (as far as we know), with pulling the single from radio and whatnot. But Bishop's put in a whole lot of work by himself to gain a bigger audience and basically get his name out there - dude's done multiple mixtapes, street albums, live shows and guest appearances on other peoples' records. Bishop's got a whole lot more going for him prior to his official debut on a major release than Hittman did before him being featured on 2001.

But Interscope fucked up on Hittman though - he might've not been the kind of huge success Em and 50 have been, but with the heat from 2001 and Dre producing the record they could've easily cahsed in on that. So while I think Bishop's got more hype for his album to get released than Hittman, there's just no telling what Interscope does. Especially these days when record sales are way down and it's risky to put out new artists.

What I would do as Jimmy though - take advantage of what Bishop's got going on right now, start doing some promo and put the record out. They've got these fresh heatrocks at their posession, but they're gonna get cold if they just keep waiting for that Dre magic to happen again and then ride that wave with new artists - if even then.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 03:47:08 PM »

Matty

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »
thats a good point bishop has done a lot of work to get his name out there and has already had a nice level of exposure through his various mixtapes and collabs. he definitely affiliates with some dope artists and is pretty damn good on the mic. but you gotta feel he released his most album sounding mixtape, dropped a positive buzz single, started doing the rounds trying to get it out there and then they just cancelled it all. ain't nobody being distracted from detox, what kind of bs is that. he had a good underground buzz going he coulda easily built on leading up to an album.

jimmy just wants dre to ride with 50 and em again cause they are massive established names and a genuinely good album from either with big singles would still sell pretty good. there's not too much risk there. it's like bishop has been replaced with a new 50 cent album. 50 is gonna have dre tracks, maybe a dre feature and shitload of promotion.

i hope bishop can do something to keep the buzz alive cause his album might not be coming for quite a while - 2010 would be realistic if it does actually comes out. its a sad situation but now woulda been the perfect time to get him out there with his lp, 50 can drop an lp too, i don't see why it always has to be one artist at a time - 50 and kanye both sold very big coming out on the same day. they coulda got some cross promotion going.