Author Topic: 50 Cent Explains New Visuals In Before I Self Destruct  (Read 435 times)

Elano

50 Cent Explains New Visuals In Before I Self Destruct
« on: October 31, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »
50 Cent has started campaigning for the release of his new album. He's already in films, he's got a new show on MTV and he's gearing up the release of his next album, Before I Self Destruct.
In order to properly set up the release, 50 has already filmed the video for his single, "Get Up." .

"I wanted to do something more exciting and interesting than the traditional club video," he told MTV. "The directors come in, and guys present treatments to me, and they aren't my usual video directors, and we came up with a concept for it, just a little more futuristic. I took a scene that I seen in a Will Smith film, I Am Legend. It's a collage that I thought was interesting."
In the clip, 50 will not exactly do a remake of the film because he won't be fighting against zombies or the like.

"Not actually fighting zombies, but you'll see scenes like in the beginning of I Am Legend. New York City was desolate; like everything was just gone. Instead, that'll be Los Angeles. There was a scene [where] one of the creatures was running into the glass, and I kinda re-created that in my own way."
He also went on to compare his latest single to 2Pac's "California Love" .

"Well, you know, 'California Love' is a great song," he noted. "And this joint is more like it. It's the same key and being played in the same key...It's the first thing that came to my head when I heard the beat. That's what I feel like great music does. It inspires you to actually say something that you wouldn't say. Although with different production, I wouldn't have wrote the verses different and the intro different, but because I felt that way I started off, 'I came to bring you that California love and New York hate, all of the above.'"
Later, 50 spoke on the film which will come with the album.

"Before I Self Destruct, it's interesting. I played Clarence in the film. For me, I wanted to show what a lot of urban folks don't show: cause and effect. I wanted to explain the actual behaviors by showing you the trials and tribulations the character went through prior to him being a part of harsh activity, in the wrong direction. So I have references. Movies like Menace II Society, that had great characters, didn't really show cause and effect. Voice-overs explained it. It explained to me that O-Dog was 'America's Nightmare: young, black and just didn't give a fuck.' But it did show us what happened to him or what happened around him that influenced him in that way. The Caine character, it did show us how he was influenced. So, you know, there were portions of the film that did have cause and effect in it, but the main characters, this is why people have more compassion for the Caine character than they did for O-Dog."

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 50 Cent Explains New Visuals In Before I Self Destruct
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
interesting read

im looking forward to before i self destruct

get up is dope as fuck

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:16:01 PM »
where is this song that sounds like cali love

Matty

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:29:51 PM »
it doesn't. it sounds more like a futuristic og outta control from the massacre. good beat though, definitely brought to life by dre despite being 'produced' by scott storch...

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 01:42:14 AM »
interesting read

im looking forward to before i self destruct

get up is dope as fuck

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire