Author Topic: Could it be?? Chinese Democracy 11/23/08  (Read 1647 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Could it be?? Chinese Democracy 11/23/08
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:32:17 AM »
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9111016&st=chinese+democracy&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1925065

Most anticipated album (probably) this side of Detox...looks like it might see the light of day.  Anyone interested/picking it up/downloading it?  Im a big fan so i'll be buying it.

Im still skeptical, but all signs seem to be pointing that this is actually happening.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:58:56 PM by Its Adam, Not Pacman »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Could it be?? Chinese Democracy 11/25/08
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 01:36:54 AM »
I will cry if this is true.

Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses' 17-years-in-the-making follow-up to 1991's Use Your Illusion albums, will feature 14 tracks when it's released November 25, exclusively through Best Buy.

According to a Best Buy's site, where the oft-delayed LP is available for pre-order, the album's title track will lead off the set, which features just one of the legendary rock band's founding members, frontman Axl Rose.

The rest of the tracks include "Scraped," "Shackler's Revenge" (which appears on the new "Rock Band 2" video game), "Street of Dreams," "If the World" (which accompanies the closing credits of "Body of Lies," the new thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe) and "This I Love." There are also several tracks that have leaked online over the years in various stages of completion: "Better," "There Was a Time," "Riad N' the Bedovins," "Sorry," "I.R.S.," "Catcher," "Madagascar" and the album closer, "Prostitute."

The release date has yet to be officially confirmed by GN'R's label, Interscope, the band's manager, Andy Gould, or Rose himself. But all signs seem to indicate that the album no one ever thought would see the light of retail will be in stores in time for the holiday shopping season.

The revelation that the album will be released by 2008's end means Dr Pepper is going to be giving away a lot of free soda — so long as the soft-drink company makes good on its promise that everyone in America (except ex-members Slash and Buckethead) would get a free can of soda if GN'R released Chinese Democracy this year.

Rose has even gotten behind the idea. "We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album," he said in a statement in March. "As for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him."

According to sources, Dr Pepper is waiting for the release date to be made official before rolling out its plan to distribute free cans of its product. "We're waiting to hear about Chinese Democracy just like all the other GN'R fans," Tony Jacobs, the vice president of marketing for Dr Pepper, said in a statement last week. "But if the rumors are true, we're putting the Dr Pepper on ice."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:40:51 AM by The-Leak »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:44:51 AM »
^ Good lookin.  I was just about to post a link of the same thing.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 01:59:31 AM »
I'm so happy Madagascar is on there, that has been the track I've been most impressed with of the leaked songs..

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 03:34:47 AM »
i'd like to see this album released but i doubt it'll be anything close to GnR's previous works..

ABN

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 03:41:32 AM »
i wonder if it will sell, i kinda doubt it´s go anything near what they used to do.

Elano

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 03:44:12 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lH_ygJO6_vE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lH_ygJO6_vE</a>

this song is fuckin horrible  :-X
taken from the new album and it's on the game ROCK BAND 2

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lH_ygJO6_vE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lH_ygJO6_vE</a>

this song is fuckin horrible  :-X
taken from the new album and it's on the game ROCK BAND 2

Sounds a bit muffled but if it's mixed right on the album I won't have any complaints.

Of the leaked tracks I've been listening to Better a lot. I love that song.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
its an axel rose album with some backup band...no guns and roses without slash, they are velvet revolver now or sth like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 03:20:08 PM »
its an axel rose album with some backup band...no guns and roses without slash, they are velvet revolver now or sth like this.
exactly my dude....dont they have some dumbfuck with a kfc bucket on his head?

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »
i'm a cop it, i can't help the fact that i'm a huge axl and gnr fan,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

What if Axl brought back Tracii Guns?

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 06:57:56 PM »
i would really like to hear that axl rose and eazy-e song

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 04:03:05 PM »
exactly my dude....dont they have some dumbfuck with a kfc bucket on his head?

That would be Buckethead.  He's been out of the band since 03, and hes probably one of the most talented guitarists out today.

About the songs on it:  About 9 of the songs on the album have been leaked and they all sound good to me, def. different than old GNR, but I like the new direction.  I think the new music works, and I admire Axl for going in a new direction and not trying to relive 1987.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 09:30:18 PM »
I think im going to d/l it first to see if its worth buying but i definately will if i thinks its cool :)