Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With MC Ren!  (Read 4548 times)

The Predator

Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With MC Ren!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 06:18:16 AM »
His new album has failure written all over it.

No Ren on Detox, so that's that confirmed.

coast2coast

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 07:01:25 AM »
good interview but i wished sum guy didnt bitch to take rens verse off of 2001

"i roc hoes while u roc fellas"

Konnekt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »
nice interview.. to bad dubcnn most do interviews for reading now.. its allways nicer with audio to

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
He seems like a prick ! One word answers, "don't want to get into this", no wonder he fell into the depths of irrelevance.
what do you want? ren to slobber all over dre's dick and beg for a track like 99% of the westcoast rappers doin interviews? fuck that. he's doin him and i can respect that.

Dani

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 04:43:06 AM »
So it sounds like 2009 will be a dope year.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 05:17:08 AM »
Keep your feedback coming!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »
Dubcnn: Okay, tell us a little about the project. Who do you have producing on it & what features are on it?

Right now we’re in about halfway. I’m doing most of my own production on that sh-t. I don’t want to feature nobody on my sh-t right now because too many records right now be just features on it. Motherf-ckers pay their money to hear you and they hear you spit like a 12 or 16, and that’s it on the whole album, so I don’t want nobody on my sh-t.

im glad some rappers nowadays still have that attitude

im sick of these BS albums being put out with 1-2 features on every song, and different producers for every track. its not an album, but a compilation

like ren says, if i buy an album i pay my money to hear that artist, not 10 other rappers ruining that shit - thats what i fear for detox. its dre's final album so i wanna hear what he has to say before he retires, but im worried thats its gonna be 2-3 features on every track

fuck that shit!
at least we know what we get with ren - straight up realness and honesty

props for the interview
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
good interview

DPGC23

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 10:05:48 AM »
DOPE READ,
PROPS MAN

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 10:15:22 AM »
Nice interview. The 2 tracks I have heard from Ren for his new album are cool, but I know he can do better. Its a shame that all the NWA peeps don't stay in touch more often and collab but the important thing is some new Ren music is coming soon. Shame that the Concrete Criminals is a wash as well.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »
Its a shame that all the NWA peeps don't stay in touch more often and collab but the important thing is some new Ren music is coming soon.

notice how Cube gave a different impression of whether they stay in touch, in a recent interview ( can't remember which one).

then again, Cube didn't go off the radar like Ren.

speaking of collaborating; well it shouldn't be forced, but yeah it would be cool to see them hook up again at least one more time.
Cube made a step forward with Raw Footage ( in compared to LNCL), Dre is still doing his thing so he's ready to take place behind the boards; only Ren is slipping, so he could use some directions.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »
Its a shame that all the NWA peeps don't stay in touch more often and collab but the important thing is some new Ren music is coming soon.

notice how Cube gave a different impression of whether they stay in touch, in a recent interview ( can't remember which one).

speaking of collaborating; well it shouldn't be forced, but yeah it would be cool to see them hook up again at least one more time.
Cube made a step forward with Raw Footage ( in compared to LNCL), Dre is still doing his thing so he's ready to take place behind the boards; only Ren is slipping, so he could use some directions.

It almost seems like with Dre and Cube they make a effort to contact each other on business. Ren it seems like with Dre it is different. But even a track or 2 here and there collabos would be nice. Last time Cube and Ren worked together was on Duece right?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »

It almost seems like with Dre and Cube they make a effort to contact each other on business. Ren it seems like with Dre it is different. But even a track or 2 here and there collabos would be nice. Last time Cube and Ren worked together was on Duece right?

well from what i know, Dre is extremely hard to contact; no matter who you are  :P

anyway, yeah Cube and Ren were both featured on The Shit (off of the Deuce album)

Chad Vader

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 01:17:26 PM »
Dubcnn: I heard at one time there was a group forming with you, RBX and Big Rocc called the Concrete Criminals, is that still something that's in the works?

No, what it is, Rocc is my homeboy and I did a couple tracks for theie project, with some beats and that’s it. I saw that sh-t on the computer one day and was like I’m in a group? Nah, I was never in the group, that’s them, not me. I just did a couple beats for them.

:-X so i guess RBX made that shit up, what a bitch move  :P

anyway, so in stead of Ren blessing the concrete criminals project with a few verses, he's fucking it up with his 'production' skills?  :baseballbat:

Now we can pray that Ren teams up with Paris,Kam and RBX for another project

Dubcnn: Okay, tell us a little about the project. Who do you have producing on it & what features are on it?

Right now we're in about halfway. I’m doing most of my own production on that sh-t. I don’t want to feature nobody on my sh-t right now because too many records right now be just features on it. Motherf-ckers pay their money to hear you and they hear you spit like a 12 or 16, and that’s it on the whole album, so I don’t want nobody on my sh-t.

:-\ sounds like Ren is taking the ego trippin' route  ::)

damn, Ren is one my favourite artists, but what made him think that he can produce  :-\

Well,he ain´t that bad actually.  ;)
Remember these CPO tracks; ?
-Ballad Of A Menace (+ the remix)
-This Beat Is Funky remix
-Homicide

well i think he needs directions

that´s another thing... but at this point I think he just want to do HIS thing,more like a hobby project.

sure, it's his life so he's free to do so  ;)

I see what you´re saying though... I´m also disappointed that the album with Paris got scrapped.

Right now we’re in about halfway. I’m doing most of my own production on that sh-t.
I don’t want to feature nobody on my sh-t right now because too many records right now be just features on it. Motherf-ckers pay their money to hear you and they hear you spit like a 12 or 16, and that’s it on the whole album, so I don’t want nobody on my sh-t.

im glad some rappers nowadays still have that attitude

im sick of these BS albums being put out with 1-2 features on every song, and different producers for every track.
its not an album, but a compilation

like ren says, if i buy an album i pay my money to hear that artist, not 10 other rappers ruining that shit -
fuck that shit!
at least we know what we get with ren - straight up realness and honesty

props for the interview

word  ;)