Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With MC Ren!  (Read 4505 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With MC Ren!
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2009, 07:04:38 AM »
Dubcnn: How does it feel to have a dude like Game come through 20 years later repping Compton so hard, knowing that you and N.W.A. and Eazy was a direct influence and he was a direct product of that era?

Man, it feels good! For one, it feels good because he repping Compton harder than when we came out and two, he’s tight, he’s not wack. It’d be different if he was wack, but he’s super tight and he’s repping to the fullest. To know we had an influence on him, that’s the sh-t!

Dubcnn: I’d like to see you and Game do a track together.

Maybe in the future, after I finish up my sh-t.

Dubcnn: Has he ever reached out to you to record?

No, but maybe one day. I ain’t trippin’, but maybe one day.

perhaps collaborating with Game could give Ren some extra energy and inspiration

ain´t that Game´s plan? (to work with all the NWA cats for his next record)

something like that; he was talking about making an album called "the diary of compton"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »
so what's up with Ren's album?

JohnnyL

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »

I was wondering about that myself.  I remember he dropped a couple new tracks a while back, but haven't heard shit since.  Hopefully, work on the album is going well.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2009, 01:06:11 AM »

no new tracks on his myspace?
He was in the Source a couple months ago.... but nothing interesting to speak off.  :P

nope, nothing

Kurupt1607

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2009, 05:59:25 AM »

Yes i'm really expecting one new album of Ren, I hope we will hear more news in the future.

Robert Smalls

• Lil Geezy
  • "Fuck the opposition"
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2009, 08:33:59 AM »
dope Ren was on point in every damn question dudes got his head screwed on

shame he wont be on detox

mc ren is a lil lost.. he woofin all that shit about amerikkka..so what if amerikkka was
taken over by another country.. where would he be...

and the shit about religion..he would know  its all bullshit...aint no god..a creator maybe but no god..
jus anotha way to control the masses...

and an online sales of his album aint even gonna go wood...aint no kids checking for his old ass..
he jus need to produce them wack ass tracks..his flow is accent and them new songs aint even relevant with
what these youngstas is doin...ren give it up..you should have spent your money wisely..when you had your shine..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2009, 11:49:22 AM »
dope Ren was on point in every damn question dudes got his head screwed on

shame he wont be on detox

mc ren is a lil lost.. he woofin all that shit about amerikkka..so what if amerikkka was
taken over by another country.. where would he be...

and the shit about religion..he would know  its all bullshit...aint no god..a creator maybe but no god..
jus anotha way to control the masses...

and an online sales of his album aint even gonna go wood...aint no kids checking for his old ass..
he jus need to produce them wack ass tracks..his flow is accent and them new songs aint even relevant with
what these youngstas is doin...ren give it up..you should have spent your money wisely..when you had your shine..
lol who the fuck cares about numbers  :loco:
by the way, you don't stay "relevant" by copying other peoples shit :P

Ren just needs directions from talented producers, that's all

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

Yes i'm really expecting one new album of Ren, I hope we will hear more news in the future.
it's almost may, yet Ren planned to drop the album early 2009  :P

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »

who cares let him do his thing on his own time.. id wait another 20 years for some ren shit..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

who cares let him do his thing on his own time.. id wait another 20 years for some ren shit..
good luck with that then  :laugh:

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2009, 02:12:07 AM »
:raisetheroof: what a great surprise Chad; awesome  8)

Dubcnn: Okay, tell us a little about the project. Who do you have producing on it & what features are on it?

Right now we’re in about halfway. I’m doing most of my own production on that sh-t. I don’t want to feature nobody on my sh-t right now because too many records right now be just features on it. Motherf-ckers pay their money to hear you and they hear you spit like a 12 or 16, and that’s it on the whole album, so I don’t want nobody on my sh-t.
:-\ sounds like Ren is taking the ego trippin' route  ::)

damn, Ren is one my favourite artists, but what made him think that he can produce  :-\

Dubcnn: I heard at one time there was a group forming wth you, RBX and Big Rocc called the Concrete Criminalz, is that still something that’s in the works?

No, what it is, Rocc is my homeboy and I did a couple tracks for theie project, with some beats and that’s it. I saw that sh-t on the computer one day and was like I’m in a group? Nah, I was never in the group, that’s them, not me. I just did a couple beats for them.

:-X so i guess RBX made that shit up, what a bitch move  :P

anyway, so in stead of Ren blessing the concrete criminals project with a few verses, he's fucking it up with his 'production' skills?  :baseballbat:

Dubcnn: You say you haven’t talked to Dre since the Up In Smoke Tour, so I guess we can’t look for you on Detox then?

Nope, but my sh-t is going to be tight though. I’m like Don King, I gotta pump up my sh-t right now!
:-\ that's fucked up, really

I’m doing most of my own production on that sh-t.
His production skills ain't that good, should've just hook up with Yella.
lol, he retired a long time ago.
there are plenty of other options though.

yall fags trippen....Ren can produce..he produced CPOs(Boss hogg) 1st album,and it was tight.west coast classic....think befor speaking.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2009, 02:48:59 AM »

Dubcnn: Okay, tell us a little about the project. Who do you have producing on it & what features are on it?

Right now we’re in about halfway. I’m doing most of my own production on that sh-t. I don’t want to feature nobody on my sh-t right now because too many records right now be just features on it. Motherf-ckers pay their money to hear you and they hear you spit like a 12 or 16, and that’s it on the whole album, so I don’t want nobody on my sh-t.

damn, Ren is one my favourite artists, but what made him think that he can produce  :-\

Dubcnn: I heard at one time there was a group forming wth you, RBX and Big Rocc called the Concrete Criminalz, is that still something that’s in the works?

No, what it is, Rocc is my homeboy and I did a couple tracks for theie project, with some beats and that’s it. I saw that sh-t on the computer one day and was like I’m in a group? Nah, I was never in the group, that’s them, not me. I just did a couple beats for them.

anyway, so in stead of Ren blessing the concrete criminals project with a few verses, he's fucking it up with his 'production' skills?  :baseballbat:

Dubcnn: You say you haven’t talked to Dre since the Up In Smoke Tour, so I guess we can’t look for you on Detox then?

Nope, but my sh-t is going to be tight though. I’m like Don King, I gotta pump up my sh-t right now!

yall fags trippen....Ren can produce..he produced CPOs(Boss hogg) 1st album,and it was tight.west coast classic....think befor speaking.

if you're going to post that, then at least respond to a proper quote  :loser:

exactly, think before you post

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »

So he produced an album during the 90s era. So did everyone and their mama. It doesn't make him a great producer. So far the new Ren tracks I've heard had outdated beats. He needs a real producer. Nuff said.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »
exactly

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2009, 04:40:57 AM »

if you're going to post that, then at least respond to a proper quote  :loser:

exactly, think before you post

dude seriously no offence no beef
your so white casper feels sorry for you.. i mean damn... scrutinizing every little post.. tell me man how do you make your way in the world what do you do.. student?? seriously