Author Topic: Looking For A Job? Current Top 10 Most Notorious Gangs  (Read 1410 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Looking For A Job? Current Top 10 Most Notorious Gangs
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
No.10 - Area Boys

Territory: Lagos, Nigeria
Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, extortion, murder, inciting riots
Number of members: 35,000

Over the past three decades, Nigeria’s Area Boys have gone from young kids committing crimes of opportunity to a massive if still largely unorganized street gang responsible for acts of extortion and murder. Local authorities, who have made a number of failed humanitarian attempts to eliminate the gang, tie the rising level of violence to a depressed economy, high unemployment and the increasing prevalence of drug addiction among the gang’s members

No.9 - Jamaican Posse

Territory: Jamaica, Eastern United States, UK (known as “Yardies”)
Criminal activities: Drug and gun trafficking, witness intimidation, murder
Number of members: 13,000 to 20,000

Known for their use of extreme violence and preference for high-powered weapons of war, like the MAC-10, the Jamaican Posse has strong affiliations with the two major political parties in Jamaica, the People's National Party (PNP) and the Jamaican Labour Party (JLP), as well as the island’s police force and the military.

No.8 - Wah Ching

Territory: Hong Kong, San Francisco, Los Angeles
Criminal activities: Drug and gun trafficking, extortion, murder, software piracy, burglary, gambling, prostitution, loan sharking
Number of members: 7,000-plus

By some accounts, the origins of Wah Ching go back 300 years, while others date them to the mid-1960s. Whatever the case, their criminal activities are highly diversified, making them extraordinarily good at one thing in particular: making money. The Wah Ching are also violent and sophisticated, as evidenced by two 1995 raids in Los Angeles that uncovered an underground factory run by the Wah Ching featuring $18 million in counterfeit Microsoft products. The raid also found weapons and explosives, namely TNT and C-4.

No.7 - Primeiro Comando da Capital (PCC)

Territory: Brazilian prison system
Criminal activities: Drug and gun trafficking, murder, extortion, prison riots, prison breaks, kidnapping
Number of members: 6,000-plus

Formed in 1993, at Sao Paulo’s Taubate prison, PCC is unlike many gangs in that they have a political agenda, namely to fight the oppressive conditions of the overcrowded prisons. Members are required to take an oath and pay monthly fees that vary depending on whether one is in prison or not. Although most members are incarcerated, they are well-organized, operating with a network of loyalists in and out of prison. In 2006, they flexed their considerable muscle by orchestrating synchronized, simultaneous rebellions in 79 state prisons while inciting violence and anarchy in the city of Sao Paulo.

No.6 - Aryan Brotherhood (AB)

Territory: U.S. federal and state prison systems
Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, conspiracy, murder, racketeering, contract killing
Number of members: 15,000-plus

Dating back to 1964, the Aryan Brotherhood has a huge presence in the U.S. federal prison system, particularly in California. They are well-organized, well-connected in and out of prison, and they lack the one card authorities could play against them: fear of punishment. What more can you do to a guy on a life sentence with no parole? Not even the death penalty carries any weight. Consequently, the AB have become extraordinary killers. According to the FBI, members make up about one-tenth of 1% of the entire U.S. prison population, but they’re responsible for 18% of all prison murders.

No.5 - Bloods

Territory: Los Angeles
Criminal activities: Murder, drug trafficking, robbery, extortion
Number of members: 15,000 to 30,000

In L.A., experts estimate that there are about 75 Bloods gangs (compare that to over 200 Crips gangs). They have traditionally been understood chiefly through their rivalry with the Crips. During the 1980s, for example, one of the bloodiest rivalries in the history of Los Angeles gangs took place between the Bounty Hunters, one of the area’s largest Bloods gangs, and the Grape Street Crips.

Bloods gangs were originally just “anti-Crips” gangs, formed in neighborhoods alarmed by the rapid spread of Crips gangs. By the mid-1970s, they unified under the name “Bloods” (a move that contributes to their reputation as being better organized than the Crips), and the wider rivalry between the two gangs began to take shape.

No.4 - 18th Street Gang

Territory: Los Angeles, Western and Southern U.S., Central America
Criminal activities: Drug and gun trafficking, robbery, extortion, murder, contract killing, prostitution
Number of members: 65,000

With 50,000 members in Central America, tens of thousands in the U.S., and believed by some to be operating in 37 states and 10 foreign countries, the 18th Street Gang is organized, disciplined and sophisticated, and depending on which expert you believe, it is even better organized than its primary rival, MS-13.

Arguably, the 18th Street Gang is the largest gang in Los Angeles County, even though the estimated 15,000 L.A.-area members are spread out into some two dozen individual gangs held together by label only. Furthermore, some experts dispute the perception that gangs like 18th Street Gang have any true connection with the Central American gangs under the same name, like Mara 18.

No.3 - The Mungiki

Territory: Nairobi, Kenya
Criminal activities: Murder, racketeering, extortion, mutilation, intimidation
Number of members: 100,000 to 500,000

In the Gikuyu language spoken in Kenya, the word "mungiki" means “multitude,” a fitting name for this massive ethnic gang that has developed a reputation for severe brutality -- which they often dole out by way of machete -- and whose calling card in the recent past was nothing short of a severed human head on a stick. They operate in Nairobi’s larger slums, such as Mathare, targeting other ethnic groups and exerting tremendous political clout. Despite their enormous size, little is known or fully understood about the Mungiki -- a trait that contributes to the terror they inspire

No.2 - Crips

Territory: Los Angeles
Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, robbery, murder, extortion, ID theft
Number of members: 50,000

The Crips are among the oldest and most notorious street gangs. Their origins go back to a teenager named Raymond Washington who, the legend says, advocated fists, not guns. From its earliest days, one characteristic of the Crips has remained consistent: an inability to develop a single, centralized power structure.

Like many other street gangs, the Crips are actually a loose confederation of hundreds of localized “sets” across the U.S. In fact, despite their well-known rivalry with the Bloods, a Crip is three times more likely to kill another Crip than he is to kill a Blood. The long, violent rivalry between two Crips gangs, the Eight Tray Gangsters and the Rollin’ 60 Crips, illustrates the point.

No.1 - Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13)

Territory: Central America, the United States
Criminal activities: Drugs, guns and human trafficking, murder, contract killing, extortion, kidnapping
Number of members: 70,000

Right now, the street gang getting the most attention around the world is MS-13. The gang is a product of the Cold War, born of refugees from the 1980s Salvadoran Civil War who landed in Los Angeles. For a street gang, MS-13 operates with extreme organizational efficiency. In fact, they carry out investigations as well as hold local and regional meetings. The recent FBI crackdown on the group (which included the FBI’s declaration that MS-13 is America’s “most violent gang”) will likely not scare them -- this is a gang who kidnapped and killed the son of a Honduran president. They have inspired legislation in Honduras and El Salvador that so harshly targets gang members that even human rights organizations are crying foul.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Looking For A Job? Current Top 10 Most Notorious Gangs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »
I wonder if 18th and wah ching are hiring.... :)
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 03:13:19 AM »
Wah Ching has been taken down. Their chapter in San Francisco was obliterated by the Wo Hop To Triads in the early 90's. Their chapter in Los Angeles has been taken down by the feds. All the leaders of their main "sides" (sets) were arrested: Paul Side, Ken Side, Sunny Side, T-Side. This article is mistaking the Wah Ching with their Triad employers. Wah Ching is a street gang hired by the Triads as soldiers.

They should have included the Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords somewhere in there. They are more organized than the Bloods and Crips IMO.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »
Wah Ching has been taken down. Their chapter in San Francisco was obliterated by the Wo Hop To Triads in the early 90's. Their chapter in Los Angeles has been taken down by the feds. All the leaders of their main "sides" (sets) were arrested: Paul Side, Ken Side, Sunny Side, T-Side. This article is mistaking the Wah Ching with their Triad employers. Wah Ching is a street gang hired by the Triads as soldiers.

They should have included the Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords somewhere in there. They are more organized than the Bloods and Crips IMO.
That's very true.  Organization.  What happened to them currently?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 08:33:35 PM »
Source?

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 02:07:11 AM »
LMAO @ Crips comining number 2....guess this was written by an american ;D

Elano

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 05:09:42 AM »
I normally would not publish a top ten gang list of my own, but in challenging the City’s direction by naming their top ten I have to justify my criticism of their list by offering a top ten list of my own and in doing so, I hope to educate those in Los Angeles where gang killings are most prevalent and where poverty is severe. In doing so, I hope to encourage those that are working diligently in prevention and intervention efforts where to focus their resources. Below I assembled a top 20 gang list categorized by neighborhood alphabetically.

77th Division

Eight Tray (83) Gangster Crip (77th Division): If you are going to name the Rollin 60s you have to name this neighborhood. Their rivalry is fueled by the hatred they have for each other and by not mentioning this neighborhood in the same context is completely illogical. In 1988, LAPD Lt. Bob Ruchoft said "the Eight-Trey Gangster Crips are considered to be one of the city's most violent street gangs because they have a reputation for being ruthless with people who oppose them. At least six homicides-including one other case this year-have been linked to the group since the start of 1987 (Los Angeles Times, May 12, 1988)," and not much has changed since then in this community.
Eight Tray (83) Hoovers (South LA – 77th Division), here are six separate Hoover neighborhoods from 52nd Street to 112th Street, but the 83 Hoovers are the most active and the largest and they fight with all Crips and Bloods. They used to identify as "Hoover Crips" but in 1996 they dropped the Crip label and became Crip killers. They have no allies.
Eighteen Street SC click (77th Division): This particular click of 18th Street has the strongest rivalry with the Florencia 13 barrio, has one of the largest neighborhoods of the 20 different 18th Street clicks, has the most membership as well.
Florencia 13 (77th Division): This is the largest single Hispanic barrio in the entire City and County and engaged in a biter rivalry with all Eighteen Street clicks, especially the South Central click. It is also in a racially motivated battle against the East Coast Crips. This gang manages to stay out of media headlines but law enforcement knows how active this gang is. They haven't killed a 14-year old girl yet, most of their victims are black gang members.

Rollin’ 60 Crips (Hyde Park – 77th Division): I agree that this neighborhood is a top ten most active gang. They are the first Crip gang to be engaged in a serious rivalry with another Crip gang, the Eight tray Gangsters, and the 60s are the most powerful gang from the N-hood alliance. Back in 2003 there was a gang injunction filed against them but apparently that civil order has done little to slow down this neighborhood.

Southwest Division

Black P Stones (Baldwin Village – Southwest Division): The Black P Stones are actually two seperate gangs, so the City's list is actually a top 12 list. On the City's map one can observe the two seperate areas of these two neighborhoods, one in the Baldwin Village (the Jungles) and the other in the West Adams area. I do agree that the BPS in the Jungles is a top ten gang, fighting rigousously with the Rollin 30s Crips, the West Blvd Crips, and their racial conflict with the Alsace click of 18th Street, but the West Adams neighborhood, known as the City Stones is not a top ten gang. In November 2005, the BPS in the jungles were target by the 1,000 FBI and LAPD officers in a sweep that arrested 18 people in what was known as "Operation Stone Cold" and there was also an injunction filed against them in June 2006, the LAPD had .

Eighteen Street (Pico-Union- Rampart Division): This is the second largest 18th Street neighborhood in Los Angeles and the original location where this gang was born nearly 40-years ago. This gang is in the Pico-Union area, the most drug plagued area in the County. I would go as far as to rank the entire Pico-Union in the top ten.

Rollin 30s Crips (Jefferson Park – Southwest): One of the largest west side Crip gans in the entire County and engaged in a bitter rivalry with the Rollin 20s Bloods and the Black P Stones.

Rollin 20s Bloods (West Adams – Southwest): The largest geographical area for a Blood gang in all of Los Angeles engaged in a rivalry with the Rollin' 30s Crips, which has been responsible for a significant portion of murder in this neighborhood. The 20s also joined with the BPS in their racially motivated conflicy with the 18th Street neighborhood in the West Adams area.

Southeast

118 East Coast Crip (South LA - South East Division): There are about 11 active East Coasts Crip neighborhoods in LA County and this area is perhaps their most active hood engaged in a rivalry with the Athens Park Bloods and a racially motivated conflict with Florencia 13.

Bounty Hunters (Watts – Southeast Division): Arguably the largest Blood gang in LA occupying the largest public housing in in the City, the Nickerson Gardens. Their rivalry with the Grape Streets is perhaps the second most deadliest rivalry in LA gang history. A gang injunction was filed against this neighborhood in August of 2003 and the City was correct by listing this neighborhood.

Grape Street Crips (Watts – Southeast Division): The largest Crip gang in Watts and perhaps the largest on the eastside occupying the Jordon Downs housing project. The City got it right naming this gang. They are engaged in a rivalry with the Bounty Hunters after several years of a truce. There was a gang injunction filed against this gang, but this is another testament of the ineffectivenes of a gang injunction when you still make the top ten gang list.

Watts Varrio Grape (Watts – Southeast Division)
: Rampart

Eighteen Street (Pico-Union- Rampart Division)
Mara Salvatrucha (Pico Union – Rampart Division)

Newton Division

38th Street (South LA, Newton Division)
52 Pueblos (East Side, Newton Division)
Blood Stone Villians (South LA, Newton Division)
Mad Swan Bloods (East Side, Newton Division)
Play Boys, South Side (South LA, Newton Division)
There are six gangs on the City’s list that I would not make my top ten or even top 20 list.

Mara Salvatrucha is the most mentioned gang in the last year because of its international presence in Central America, but many gangs throughout the country decided to take on the MS name expanding its reputation. Several of these over night clicks have appeared in dozens of cities but they do not have roots in Los Angeles. MS did make my top ten list, but not the click in Hollywood. Additionally this Hollywood click had an injunction filed against them in 1998 but apparently the injunction is having little impact on this neighborhood if they managed to make LA’s top ten.

Rollin’ 40s Crip gang is certainly a major gang, but how it made it into the top ten I cannot explain. They actually have a truce with the Rollin’ 30s Crips whom they have been feuding with since 1997.

The 204th Street gang is one of the smallest gangs in the entire city, and the only reason why they have been the most discussed gang in the last two months is because of the racial killing of 14-year old Cheryl Green. They have been involved in a couple of other racial killings during the last five years, but they don’t even make my top 50 list of most active violent gangs in Los Angeles.

The Avenues is definitely an active gang with a violent reputation, but there are other gangs that carry stronger reputations. It makes my top 25 for sure but remember that City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo grew up in this neighborhood so he is going to cater to his core constituents and make sure that extra law enforcement resources are directed to this neighborhood. So I understand why this neighborhood made the list; I want my neighborhood safe to. This choice demonstrates to me that this gang naming process is certainly political. And did we forget that the Avenues had an injunction filed against them in December 2002 with a safety zone covering 9.7 square miles, far bigger than it's actual turf, realy putting a clamp down on this gang, but as I have been advocating for years, the injunction does little to reduce crime long term in this community.

Canoga Park Alabama has a large west valley barrio, but there is not one gang neighborhood in the valley that has a level of gang activity that compares to the typical neighborhoods in South and East Los Angeles for the last 30 years. If I was doing a top ten valley list CPA would make that list, but it does not make my top 50 list for Los Angeles, but there are several prominent people and neighborhoods that live a "stone throw" from this barrio. Can we say "not in my back yard?"

What have the LaMirada Locos done? I almost forgot that this neighborhood existed, and if you drive through there, you will be hard luck to find the gang hanging out in public. Even on the City of Los Angeles' official map of the area, the turf is shaded with dashes to suggest some uncertainty about its boundaries. This neighborhood does not make my top 100.

Other neighborhoods that are facing serious gang violence as a result of other failures within the community are; Avenues, Athens Park, Big Hazard, 74 Hoovers, 97 East Coast Crips, and all of the Pico-Union area.

(alex alonso)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:42:48 AM »

well i doubt wc is dead. their pretty damn deep, kenside used to be in the 818 but died out i gess. funny but lotta people dont know some asian gangs bang colors,

trg = bloods, some crips   asian boys= crippin  wc (wah ching) = bloods   oriental boys = bloods

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 12:37:58 PM »
where do I apply? ;)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »
where do I apply? ;)

juz go gangbang and blast a gang of AB (asian boys) and theyll come to you

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »
where do I apply? ;)

juz go gangbang and blast a gang of AB (asian boys) and theyll come to you
another episode of GTA. fo sho.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 12:55:23 PM »
I thought Yakuza is the most organized?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »

id juz say that their all equal but yakuza doesnt have a street gang, like WC that gangbangs on the streets n all that. lol but i do remember reading a magazine wayyback and the yakuza were pissed off that the bums started comin to lil tokyo and they beheaded some bums and posted it on different streets.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »

id juz say that their all equal but yakuza doesnt have a street gang, like WC that gangbangs on the streets n all that. lol but i do remember reading a magazine wayyback and the yakuza were pissed off that the bums started comin to lil tokyo and they beheaded some bums and posted it on different streets.

I need an application for that job. lol.  Anyhow..I wondered why OP posted this shit anyway.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »

well i doubt wc is dead. their pretty damn deep, kenside used to be in the 818 but died out i gess. funny but lotta people dont know some asian gangs bang colors,

trg = bloods, some crips   asian boys= crippin  wc (wah ching) = bloods   oriental boys = bloods

Oh yeh there still is Wah Ching around like Ocean Side and Taiwanese Side but they arent as big or powerful as they were in the 90's. They dont claim Blood either. The younger generation claim red but the OG's never claimed color.

TRG represent Grey rag.. they got their own shit..

ABZ asian boyz bang crip though.. i dont think they official though they just claimed it..

OBS oriental boys are the only official Asian Blood gang in LA.. they were put on by the Pueblos..