Author Topic: How is government any different from the Mafia?  (Read 282 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
How is government any different from the Mafia?
« on: October 23, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
The mafia comes into a business and extorts them.  They say they want 10% of all you earn.  The government does the same thing its just called a "business tax" rather than "extortion".

You may have to go through the Mafia in order to start a business, just as you have to receive government liscencing to start a business. 

The irony is if Joe the Plumber were to do work on any of John McCain's houses he would be taken to jail because he doesn't have a plummers liscence from the mafia..ahem.. I mean state.

Mafia provides protection and security in exchange for dues paid to them just as government does.  They are associated with fear and violence just as government is.

Really, what is the difference?  Yet everyone calls on government whenever there is a problem.  So government just gets bigger and more intrusive.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Matty

Re: How is government any different from the Mafia?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »
thats why we gotta get back to the gold standard and sail the seven seas. your one step ahead of any kind of outfit when you control 100% of the game with absolutely no oversight. criminals dont exist without a carefully constructed system in which to operate and extort in. all these land wars are boring, lets fight for some hidden treasure on pirate boats 8)

herpes

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 06:22:28 PM »
The mafia comes into a business and extorts them.  They say they want 10% of all you earn.  The government does the same thing its just called a "business tax" rather than "extortion".

You may have to go through the Mafia in order to start a business, just as you have to receive government liscencing to start a business. 

The irony is if Joe the Plumber were to do work on any of John McCain's houses he would be taken to jail because he doesn't have a plummers liscence from the mafia..ahem.. I mean state.

Mafia provides protection and security in exchange for dues paid to them just as government does.  They are associated with fear and violence just as government is.

Really, what is the difference?  Yet everyone calls on government whenever there is a problem.  So government just gets bigger and more intrusive.

You don't need a plumbers license to do plumbing work.  All you need to do is work for someone that has a plumbers license.  Some of the best plumbers I have known don't have a license.   But besides that I joke around all the time politics is just like the mob.  The only difference is you know that the mob is about.  You know what you are getting into if you get involved with them on any level whatsoever.  The Gov't you have no idea whats going to happen.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:27:40 PM »

You don't need a plumbers license to do plumbing work.  All you need to do is work for someone that has a plumbers license.  Some of the best plumbers I have known don't have a license.   But besides that I joke around all the time politics is just like the mob.  The only difference is you know that the mob is about.  You know what you are getting into if you get involved with them on any level whatsoever.  The Gov't you have no idea whats going to happen.

Tommy, you said as long as Joe works for someone with a liscence he's okay, but Joe is the owner of the plumbing business.

You haven't been following this joe the plumber story in the media, let me give you some background.

See, Obama says he wants to increase taxes on anybody making over 250,000 dollars.

So Joe the Plumber confronted him while Obama was on the campaign trail and said he wanted to start a small plumbing business and wanted to know if his taxes would be increased if his business made more than 250,000 dollars.

Well the Republicans have used this as propaganda and made Joe the Plummer the face of their campaign.

But I was checking one of my Libertarian websites www.lewrockwell.com and they had an article on their pointing out that Joe didn't even have a liscence and that the government would send him to jail if he started plumbing without a liscence.

but John McCain doesn't realize this and doesn't understand how government liscensing is intrusive in the first place.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:37:02 PM »
You bring up a good point, I can't argue that.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 12:12:07 AM »
Great line from the Godfather movie

Al Pacino (Michael): My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
Diane Keaton (Kay): Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don’t have men killed!
Al Pacino (Michael): Oh. Who’s being naive, Kay?

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 12:29:07 AM »
Great line from the Godfather movie

Al Pacino (Michael): My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
Diane Keaton (Kay): Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don’t have men killed!
Al Pacino (Michael): Oh. Who’s being naive, Kay?

sums it up completely least the mob came from working class though and tended to look out 4 their own

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:43:50 AM »
I believe there is no differene because both have men with power and money. were are both humans just that once group has more power than the other.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.