Author Topic: Mausberg... RIP  (Read 659 times)

~Lucien~

Mausberg... RIP
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:33:49 PM »
I was going through my archive the other day and I found this on a cd-r...

I wanted to express to you and your readers a little something about Mausberg so that he isn't remembered as just another LA rapper fallen and then forgotten the next day. First of all, this young star was only 21 yrs old and about to take the rap game by storm before the Devil got in the way. Although most of you have never heard of Mausberg and some of you have from some of the cameo's he did. Here is a little information on some of the records Mausy had done so far.

Konnektid Project "Shut Up" (which will blow you away), "The Re-Birth" f/KAM Sherpard Lane/Universal
DJ Quik "Rythm-a-lizm" - "Down Down Down"   Profile/Arista
Life Soundtrack with R Kelly and Quik , title unknown  Jive
DJ Quik "Balance & Options" , "Change the Game", "Speak On It", "Well" Profile/Arista
2nd II None "220" "Make 'em Understand"   Profile/Arista

If you have any of the records please check them out and then you'll hear the talent that he had for being a great emcee. And if you aren't convinced, wait until his album drops.  Check for the single titled "Ring King" and listen to it blow you away!!!!!!

When I met Mausberg for the first time I was instantly convinced that he was going to be the Biggie of the West Coast.  He was going to be the one that everyone from LA to NY was going to be feeling!  He stood about 6 3' and about 275 pounds, dark, bald and always in a red shirt, black jeans and brown cowboy boots. He was always very polite, gentle and humble. He always had a smile on his face and he always had pleasant things to say to everyone. He was the one that would stand on the block and everyone around him would just
sit there and look up to him.  He was the neighborhood King and everyone in Compton knew that Mausberg was going to be the Biggie of the West Coast, because it was supposed to be that way!

He was the kind of kid that would go everywhere with Quik and I and he would just sit back in the cut and would study everyone and everything and after we would leave the place we were at he would pull my aside and ask mad questions about the music industry and the game.  He was one of those guys that got it,
he was the one that was going know how to run his own career and run shit properly. He was patient and he was very intelligent.

He was always ready to hit the studio and always dropping gems over incredible tracks by Quik.  The kind of tracks that you would not even expect from Quik. These tracks were tailor made for Mausy and he killed everyone of them 1 by 1. As a matter of fact, the only night that they weren't in the studio was the night of his senseless murder.

Monday July 3rd around 10:45PM was the last time I myself saw Mausberg alive in physical form. He had paged me to invite me to the studio were he and Quik were finishing a few tracks for his upcoming album. I came through about 45 minutes later and after a pound pound and our usual blunt session we sat down to talkxabout what we were gonna do to them when this album ropped.

He was so excited about the songs Quik was mixing and you could see it on his face.  Tonight Mausberg was happy and he couldn't wait to take the rap world over!!!!!  After about an hour I had to step so I gave him a pound/hug and said "Aight Mausy, I'ma see you tomorrow" and he said, "Fa Sho My Nigga, Be safe"

On the day of July 4, 2000 Mausberg was home all day and on that evening he was home studying his DMV handbook because he was tired of being taxi-ed around and was about to get himself a car very soon. He was home until about 12:45AM before he walked out the front door of his apartment for the last time. What happened next is very very sad and was very unnecessary as Mausberg was shot twice and he taken from us all and the world was left without hearing the illest emcee take over alive!!!

The next morning most of the industry was paged by LA's Big Boy/KPWR around 7am with a message that read "MAUSBERG OF DJ QUIK'S CAMP WAS KILLED THIS MORNING IN COMPTON".

When I saw my pager I was still groggy and sleepy.  I looked at what it said again and dropped my pager. I really could not believe that this was true, that this page was  right. Unfortunately, the news was true and Johnny Burns was not going to get his turn to take the world over with his powerful lyrics, charisma and style...

We are all so very crushed by what happened to our little brother and we are all hurt, but we are all still behind Johnny Burns and you will hear his album and you will memorize his lyrics because you want to...because he is Mausberg the Superior/You never heard of a more wickeder nigga coming outta the urban area/...

Last night we all gathered at Quik's house and celebrated Mausy's life with the crew and his mother and sister. The party was so live you almost forgot that we were there to remember him.  He was definetly there in spirit, in love and was still smiling down on all of us.

The best part of the evening was seeing his mother rapping all of his lyrics to "Shut Up" into the video camera.  As she held up the picture of her son to the camera and resited the last verse of his song and then said, "This is my baby boy right here"...

Mausberg, we miss you big homey but we aint gonna let them not hear you, your powerful voice and your more powerful music...We got your back Mausy, in a real way!!!!"

Mausbergs seems to have been not only I great rapper but also a wonderful human being. I think it was a blessing knowing him

MarshColin

Re: Mausberg... RIP
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »
Thanks for sharing. It's a shame Mausberg was with us such a short time. He's one of those dudes that I'll always think "what if?" about. RIP

Where did you find this piece by the way?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »
ive actually only heard one verse from him, and he killed it.

it was on street platoons 'dead lines'..great song.

'you wanna see me act a fool, gimmie some motherfucking mushrooms" haha great line.

can anyone hook up some of his stuff?

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

~Lucien~

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 11:42:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing. It's a shame Mausberg was with us such a short time. He's one of those dudes that I'll always think "what if?" about. RIP

Where did you find this piece by the way?

I can't remember. But I think at was an article about a reporter who was with Mausy his last days...

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 12:34:10 AM »
ive actually only heard one verse from him, and he killed it.

it was on street platoons 'dead lines'..great song.

'you wanna see me act a fool, gimmie some motherfucking mushrooms" haha great line.

can anyone hook up some of his stuff?

EDIT: the song is called SICK OF IT ALL, not dead lines, my bad.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

DOPE, GUNS AND RELIGION

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:43:47 AM »
r.i.p.

non fiction is mad dope 8)

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 05:05:04 AM »
Rest In Peace.

He was talented dude and a good person for sure.
It's funky enough!

Trizzle

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • #Section80
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 07:15:32 AM »
I love his verse in Snoop Dogg - Don't Tell

R.I.P

DPGC23

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 07:28:13 AM »
DOPE READ MAN

PROPS

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Big J/ Gain Green

• Lil Geezy
  • Get Money,GAin Green
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »
MAUSBERG= 1OF WEST BEST. R.I.P.

I WAS JUST LISTINING TO THA KONNECTED PROJECT WITH MAUSEBERG AND SUGA FREE, THAT SHIT IS STILL BANGIN TILL THIS DAY..

Everyday, 818 or 323 you already know, Big J found on one of tha East Sides Chasing dough$$$$$

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »
I still play "Get nekkid" at every 21+ spot I can get away with it at...it comes in great after his verse on "Down down down"

80s baby

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 12:54:47 PM »
yea mausy was a coo as nigga....a real hood nigga..mushrooms got my mind.....yea i been bumpin m& m it aint my fault

Majesty

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »
I just listned down down .......Mausberg wus a true playa RIP 

Fly Fo Life

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »
Great post!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »
yeah he was dope

"ring king" is dope!!!

is that rakim???^^^^^^^
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.