Author Topic: Common Plans To Release The Believer As His Next Album  (Read 250 times)

Elano

Common Plans To Release The Believer As His Next Album
« on: October 23, 2008, 05:32:46 AM »

ATLANTA — You'd better believe it: Common still intends to make his long-talked-about Believer LP.

"The Believer is definitely gonna be an album," Com said Saturday before his performance at the BET Hip-Hop Awards. "It's gonna be the next album. I was ready to make The Believer, then I started working on an EP called Invincible Summer. Then I was like, 'OK, "Universal Mind Control" — that's the name of the single.' Like we said on the song, 'If you wanna dance, let's dance.' That's what that whole concept is like: Whatever you want the people to do, you create the music for them to do it."

The Universal Mind Control album was mostly helmed by the Neptunes, but Kanye West does pop up. Common made that choice because he hopes to get his music in the clubs for the first time in his career.

"Where I am with Universal Mind Control, which is the name of the album as well as the single, I wanted to make some music people can enjoy," he said. "It's a lot of stuff going on in the world right now. Sometimes people need to release. I felt that energy abroad, going to different parties in Spain and London, even back in the States. It was good times. I want people to have good times musically."

Common hopes to hit the road in support of his current project. "I'mma tour starting the beginning of next year," he said. "We just did a tour with N.E.R.D., which was real live. But we're gonna go out again and tour with this album."

Universal Mind Control will be released December 9.

penenstamp

Re: Common Plans To Release The Believer As His Next Album
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 05:34:55 AM »
I can't wait for all of this. I don't think I can name one bad album from the good man.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 07:42:39 AM »
I can't wait for all of this. I don't think I can name one bad album from the good man.
Well then you are gonna learn something from this album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:46:19 AM »
Well then you are gonna learn something from this album.
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 08:56:32 AM »
i dig why he's created umc but it coulda been done a lot better and it shoulda been an ep. what happened to the light remix ? that shoulda been on there.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lanka

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Da Gee In Dee
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
did I miss something...did anything drop yet?...did he already drop soemthing since Finding forever, or did something leak?

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »
sounds like this album gonna be more pop
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 05:19:07 PM »
Im down for a new up tempo style from common.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets