Author Topic: Do You think!-----New West Coast Can Make An Impact like the old West Coast did?  (Read 560 times)

2pac4life08

• Lil Geezy
man.....I was thinking ??? these legends of this West Coast music shit are getting old meaning they hitting they 40's no disrespect but you think these new comers got what it takes to carry the torch after the History that West Coast Artist like pac,kurupt,Dj Quick snoop etc made!

im thinking what these guys did there aint no topping!! I Dont see How the West Coast can Really Musicly change the game like these guys did!

Si-Chiggedy

simply: no.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

2pac4life08

• Lil Geezy
there music was greate and original...and even tho i like what some new west coast cats are doing they seem to linger behind and trying to comform to other regions instead of Being Original Like Late 80's and 90's West Coast~!

I wish we had more creative people doing something beyond the ordinary

Scrappy Doo

a big NO...cause the "old" west had a style a sound,the new west got nothing they maybe got skills on the mic but they aint got no sounds...all they do is ride dick on dirty south beats,hate listening to so called west coast mixtapes,cause all i hear is some dirty south clap this..lean that beats.

Francisco "Pancho" Villa

• Lil Geezy

SO PRUP

all it takes is a good gameplan, but right now we dont have that!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
simply: no.

lol thats what i was thinking when i saw the title of this thread.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Hell No !!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:35:51 PM by Classic Material »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

penenstamp

No. The game has changed too much.

SUCKA FREE

• Lil Geezy
not a chance.. L.A. artist want you to know what set they claim before you even hear a song. It didn't use to be like that. And Northern Cali artist all sound the same and jump on the same wagon when somthin hot. No differences in the music.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
West coast rap from the early 90's helped Hip-Hop break through into the mainstream. That sort of shift in the industry simply can't be repeated.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
a big NO...cause the "old" west had a style a sound,the new west got nothing they maybe got skills on the mic but they aint got no sounds...all they do is ride dick on dirty south beats,hate listening to so called west coast mixtapes,cause all i hear is some dirty south clap this..lean that beats.

I agree with that part...one problem with us is that some of us got brainwashed by the East Coast, who wasn't doin shit, and got concerned with "who can spit?"

You always hear "it's no real spiitters in the west" and then you'll hear the "spitters" or those who ride for them mention their name...but just rappin and having dope lyrics alone isn't what makes people interested. It's about the music as a whole...and right now, we have limited direction with that.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
West coast rap from the early 90's helped Hip-Hop break through into the mainstream. That sort of shift in the industry simply can't be repeated.
them new niggas ain't even making ground breaking shit compared to the old shit. back then when i went to cop a west coast album i'd be blown away and amazed i have felt like that since '01 when i copped the second bad azz & the second eastsidaz album. nowadays them niggas think they from the south.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I agree with that part...one problem with us is that some of us got brainwashed by the East Coast, who wasn't doin shit, and got concerned with "who can spit?"

You always hear "it's no real spiitters in the west" and then you'll hear the "spitters" or those who ride for them mention their name...but just rappin and having dope lyrics alone isn't what makes people interested. It's about the music as a whole...and right now, we have limited direction with that.
i'm from the east coast and i've always felt the (old) west could spit even though it was g shit. that what made me love it.

quiksta80

• 'G'
BIG FAT NO! Like a previous post i read in this blog....westcoast once had a formula we went by that kept us original from any other region. We had that g-funk going on on others tried to piggy back off of that cause it was so hot at the time. I think we need to go back to that and have a sound that you know is westcoast. I mean eastcoast rap music sounds like eastcoast and dirty south sounds like dirty south and we don't have our own sound anymore these new rappers just wanna take whatever sound is popular and use it for their albums. Westcoast rappers will never do what was done in the past!