Author Topic: Do You think!-----New West Coast Can Make An Impact like the old West Coast did?  (Read 562 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
BIG FAT NO! Like a previous post i read in this blog....westcoast once had a formula we went by that kept us original from any other region. We had that g-funk going on on others tried to piggy back off of that cause it was so hot at the time. I think we need to go back to that and have a sound that you know is westcoast. I mean eastcoast rap music sounds like eastcoast and dirty south sounds like dirty south and we don't have our own sound anymore these new rappers just wanna take whatever sound is popular and use it for their albums. Westcoast rappers will never do what was done in the past!
+1 for that homie. i agree.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
a big NO...cause the "old" west had a style a sound,the new west got nothing they maybe got skills on the mic but they aint got no sounds...all they do is ride dick on dirty south beats,hate listening to so called west coast mixtapes,cause all i hear is some dirty south clap this..lean that beats.

I agree with that part...one problem with us is that some of us got brainwashed by the East Coast, who wasn't doin shit, and got concerned with "who can spit?"

You always hear "it's no real spiitters in the west" and then you'll hear the "spitters" or those who ride for them mention their name...but just rappin and having dope lyrics alone isn't what makes people interested. It's about the music as a whole...and right now, we have limited direction with that.
i'm from the east coast and i've always felt the (old) west could spit even though it was g shit. that what made me love it.

The old West definitely could...but it was in a different way, and they were much more musically inclined. Snoop, Warren, and others never had technically advanced lyrics, but had great rhythm and melody to their style...it wasn't just about punchlines like it is now. They made SONGS, meaning they talked and showed personality on the intro/outros of songs, did hooks, bridges, and all else....nowadays, some rappers think it's all about punchlines and whatever they think "swagger" is, without knowing how to make songs and lyrics that stick without watering it down.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
a big NO...cause the "old" west had a style a sound,the new west got nothing they maybe got skills on the mic but they aint got no sounds...all they do is ride dick on dirty south beats,hate listening to so called west coast mixtapes,cause all i hear is some dirty south clap this..lean that beats.

I agree with that part...one problem with us is that some of us got brainwashed by the East Coast, who wasn't doin shit, and got concerned with "who can spit?"

You always hear "it's no real spiitters in the west" and then you'll hear the "spitters" or those who ride for them mention their name...but just rappin and having dope lyrics alone isn't what makes people interested. It's about the music as a whole...and right now, we have limited direction with that.
i'm from the east coast and i've always felt the (old) west could spit even though it was g shit. that what made me love it.

The old West definitely could...but it was in a different way, and they were much more musically inclined. Snoop, Warren, and others never had technically advanced lyrics, but had great rhythm and melody to their style...it wasn't just about punchlines like it is now. They made SONGS, meaning they talked and showed personality on the intro/outros of songs, did hooks, bridges, and all else....nowadays, some rappers think it's all about punchlines and whatever they think "swagger" is, without knowing how to make songs and lyrics that stick without watering it down.
true.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

It would be great if they could, but no.  Not right now.

~Lucien~

It would be great if they could, but no.  Not right now.

2pac4life08

• Lil Geezy
i think it needs an Original artist with the hunger and passion that kids like pac, Snoop and them had....plus the main thing is back then what i see in studio sessions and interviews they werent too much blinded by money and fame! they were having fun with it...and they did copy any1 the all had a different style

the funniest thing is if u really check it alot of em were friends before the music and family members......thats crazy

Lunatic

honestly, if we're talking strictly talent - yes

the talent on the coast is undeniable...it is as strong as ever before

malone, rock, lamont, cruz, crooked i, carson, ya boy, kdot, k-boy, bad lucc, damani, topic, knawledg and there is so much more

the reason they (sadly) probably won't make as much an impact is labels don't really seem to pay much attention to the west anymore..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

2pac4life08

• Lil Geezy
yeah lyricly they r but music wise they really aint that hot.....i mean they have coo material but its not Game Changing its not new its not like DAMN I NEVA HEARD SOME! DOING WHAT THIS KID IS DOIN!!!! u feel me...and thats what its gone take 4 us to come back

Game almost brought it back but 1 man cannot bring a whole coast into the 4front u need a movement....u need people that could have mass appeal like game did by the 10's not just 1 dude.....

i wish that  :'( tha industry....... :'(.....man >:( fuck this!

Scrappy Doo

i think it needs an Original artist with the hunger and passion that kids like pac, Snoop and them had....plus the main thing is back then what i see in studio sessions and interviews they werent too much blinded by money and fame! they were having fun with it...and they did copy any1 the all had a different style

the funniest thing is if u really check it alot of em were friends before the music and family members......thats crazy

So true...i mean look at cats like Crooked he is like the "leader" of the new school...WTF dudes been out since like 98' and we still waiting for an album,then we got cats like Ya Boy dont get me wrong i like him and Ya Boy is a killer on the mic but all he talks about is how he wants 5 million fans so he can go double platinum,and how hes got this and that producer on hit upcoming aka "never to be released" album,FUCK that.And THEN we got dudes like 40 Glocc who is not really a rapper i mean when was the last time you heard someone talking bout dudes music,they only talk about him beeing a gang banger.No Wonder the Old West got no respect for them...i mean the new west they aint got no respect for the old west either...when was the last time you heard Nate Dogg,Butch Cassidy,Wayniac,L.V. on a new west song....its all bout T-Pain,Akon and Lil Wayne.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
West Coast should do something new and amazing, wouldn't count on it.

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
I say Yea if muthafuckaz stop hatin on west We got niggaz like Crooked I ,Ya Boy,Jay Rock,Glasses Malone, if we can get dat spot light like tha south do how can they deny tha West and to keep it real I think Snoop can be doin a whole lot more for tha west than what he does now bottom line we got niggaz from tha Bay2L.A. that would shit all over all thses other  ;)wack ass artist

Raine

• Lil Geezy
  • RAINE N LANE N KOKANE THE ALBUM OUT NOW!!!

I wish we had more creative people doing something beyond the ordinary

I wish more people would check out me and kokanes new shit. not just cuz we tryna sell records, but because its what true westcoast rap fans are lookin for. not them flip floppin actin like they from the south now niggaz. i mean the niggaz that post on dubcnn talkin about west shit, bump that shit in the headphones at the gym, go to sleep to it at night.... and a lot of yall are looking right past it...

www.myspace.com/rainendem

tell me that shit aint west

ORDER RAINE n LANE n KOKANE THE ALBUM NOW AT

www.myspace.com/rainendem.

Shipping Worldwide

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
listen...you can't sit here and blame the major record labels because they are just gonna hop on whatever sells, so obviously that means they don't think the west coast a region is a viable thing in hip hop, there is a reason they feel that way...believe me a major record label would not pass on a real chance to make some money...honestly i can't blame them right now and that's not hating because you know i'm an artist too so that would mean im hating on myself...we just haven't created the "movement" that would allow the west coast as an entire region to be successful, even if we do have artists that are getting big and building a strong buzz individually.

and NO WE DO NOT NEED TO GO BACK TO G-FUNK PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT!!!! that was 1996, ITS OVER!!!!!! but let's say this, the west coast does need a sound to call its own because otherwise there is nothing to center the movement around.
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

love33

The newer artists that are carrying the load are The Game, Eastwood, Ya Boy, and Roscoe.  Period.  And that's it.  These are the cats that are going to make the biggest movement on the coast.

What we need to do, is weed out all these overrated garbage rappers that do nothing but diss rappers on the coast, and make shitty singles, and don't even keep up with the trends of Hip Hop.

And you know who they are, I don't have to name names.  But it's pretty much damn near every newer artist that I didn't name above.

You see how E-40, Snoop, and Too Short are so successful because they collab with the top acts and keep up with the club trends in Hip Hop.  That's why they've had successful careers and their names are still strong.

These newer West artists that are overrated garbage rappers all they do is hate, don't collab with the top acts, use outdated 1990 beats, and use their energy to bring everyone down instead of trying to bring themselves up (i.e. these no-names that want to diss The Game, our top rapper).

To answer the question, no it's not going to be as big as an impact.  But The Game is our best rapper, and he's a newer artist and moving tons of units.  He sets an example for our coast.  And if Roscoe gets this deal with Akon he is very capable of doing big things and he collabs with the right cats like Bobby Valentino.  And I really like the direction Eastwood is headed, he sets a great example for the coast, killer flow, strong bars, and he collabs with everyone and ain't about bullshit beef.  And Ya Boy is just nasty on the mic and he wants to do music with Eve, Swizz Beatz, and the heavy hitters -- there was a rumor he was going to be working with Dr. Dre on entire album, but that would have been a huge mistake cause Dr. Dre can't even release his own album.  I think Ya Boy will get a huge deal in time.  But these are the cats that are doing it real proper like.

duodon

I COULDNT AGREE MORE AFTER READING THESE POST BY SOME OF YALL. LOOK THE WEST RIGHT NOW IS GOING THRU SOME RECESSION/DEPRESSION. TRUTH IS AFTER SHADY GOT 50 ON AFTERMATH IT HEAVILY SHIFTED AWAY FROM XZIBIT AND ALL EM TIES TO AFTERMATH IN THE WEST.  SNOOP DOGG HAS GIVEN IT HIS ALL AND YET CANT COME UP WITH THE SALE NUMBERS. ITS DISAPOINTING. BLUE CARPET TREATMENT WAS SNOOP'S BEST WORK SINCE THE THE WEST'S 2ND DYNASTY COLLAPSED.  IF DETOX REALLY COMES OUT WEST COAST ARTIST WILL NEED TO HOP ON THE CYCLE AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY DONT FALL OFF CAUSE DRE CANT SAVE EVERYONE THE 4TH TIME AROUND.  MY TOP 5 PICKS FROM THE NEW WEST - 1. GLASSES MALONE --- 2 -- SCOOP DEVILLE 3..... BISHOP LAMONT......4...CHEVY JONES.....5 MYKESTRO ( ALTHOUGH I WISHED HE CONTINUED BUT I UNDERSTAND HE GOTTA FEED HIS FAM) ..... CROOKED I I RESPECT YOUR MOVEMENT I AINT A HATER BUT TO YOUR HARDCORE FANS DEATHROW GOT HIM LOCKED DOWN   THEY GONNA RELEASE AN ALBUM EACH TIME HE ATTEMPTS TO RELEASE SOEMTHIN ON A MAJOR LABEL. THE QUESTION IS HOW MUCH UNRELEASED MATERIAL DID HE LEAVE BEHIND ON DEATH ROW?? THE PAST WILL ALWAYS COME BACK TO HUNT....