Author Topic: GIGANTIC Spider Devovering a BIRD  (Read 2232 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
GIGANTIC Spider Devovering a BIRD
« on: October 25, 2008, 02:46:07 PM »
Oh Shit Son  :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1079895/The-amazing-pictures-giant-spider-eating-bird.html
By Richard Shears
Last updated at 3:48 PM on 23rd October 2008

If anyone doubted the existence of bird-eating spiders - often depicted in horror movies set in the jungles of South America - the proof is in these amazing photos from Australia.

A huge spider has been photographed tucking into a hapless bird which became entangled in its web - in a family's back garden!

The pictures were taken earlier this week as the Golden Orb Weaver spider joined the list of other creatures that have made headlines from Australia and the Pacific as they devoured prey - including a fish eating a seagull and a python eating a wallaby.

But no-one expected to come across a garden scene of a bird being devoured by a spider, especially as Golden Orb Weavers confine their daily meal to large insects.

Mr Joel Shakespeare, a spider expert at the Australian Reptile Park said: 'This particular spider can grow larger than a human hand, so if a bird gets caught in its web I'm not surprised it will start eating it.

'It seems pretty obvious that the poor bird, a chestnut-breasted Mannikin (a type of finch), has flown straight into the web and not been able to free itself before the spider struck.'

Mr Shakespeare said the spider would have used its venom to break down the bird for eating and then wrapped up the pieces in web as a kind of food parcel.

Experts such as Queensland Museum's Mr Greg Czechura say Golden Orb Weavers build very strong webs, but they point out that the spider would not have struck until the bird became weak as it tried to struggle free.

'The more they struggle, the more tangled up and exhausted they get and they go into stress,' said Mr Czechura.

'If a spider gets a bird, it's a very lucky spider.'

In other cases of reptiles in the wild attacking other species, a Queensland couple has told how they found a python devouring their dog, just weeks after other snakes killed their cat and guinea pig.

kemizt

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: GIGANTIC Spider Devovering a BIRD
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »
Damn! :o We must kill the spiders before they become too powerful. :baseballbat:

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 03:26:05 PM »
OH CRAP!!! EWWW>..imagine the spider be full grown and eat people...YUK.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 03:40:40 PM »
man i fuckin hate spiders.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 03:55:08 PM »
holy hell!!

that thing could eat a baby!!!

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 04:08:17 PM »
BUMBA - FUCKING - CLART THAT'S HUGE  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
That bitch is probably immune to fire, so if I'm ever going to Australia, I'm buying the heaviest chainsaw they got.

kemizt

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 04:36:13 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 04:36:50 PM »
man i fuckin hate spiders.

word!

that shit is like "8 Legged Freaks" in real life.

TRG

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
Queensland, good for the women, the weather and the beaches, but bad for bird eating spiders, dog eating snakes and cane toads, oh so many cane toads (+much more :P).

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 06:40:41 PM »
BUMBA - FUCKING - CLART THAT'S HUGE  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

thats what she said
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Matty

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »
thats gotta be enough food for atleast a year or something for a spider...or until the corpse rots away completely...

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 08:36:14 PM »
 :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Rick James

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 08:40:02 PM »
I would hate to come across that thing!

And this: (The largest spider in the world)

Chief

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »
welcome to australia!!!