Author Topic: West African Travel Log Daily Updates For Trip 2008 (including pics)  (Read 1633 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: West African Travel Log Daily Updates For Trip 2008 (including pics)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 10:07:40 AM »
Thats really cool man.

Jared Taylor

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
Africa...the only place in the world where people hack off each other's hands:

Note that whites never do shit like this.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
^^^ you got to be fuckin kidding. the holocaust..........plus all that shit with Bosnia and Serbs of whatever, WW1 and 2......... and aint nobody instigating that shit. or caused that shit indirectly. now on the other hand.......we know who are the real culprits to the bullshit going down over in Africa. from hotel rwanda to South Africa ( eye mean what more evidence do you need to prove that you motherfuckers are the physical manifestation of the devil himself) you crackers went to South Africa and had the nerve to keep Mandela locked up??? and got the  nerve to act like you belong there. fuck out of here

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 08:47:11 PM »
I'm going to be making ongoing modifications to this thread.  I resized all the photos, they were much too big before.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:53:19 AM by Infinite African West Coastin »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jared Taylor

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 09:21:59 AM »
^^^ you got to be fuckin kidding. the holocaust..........plus all that shit with Bosnia and Serbs of whatever, WW1 and 2......... and aint nobody instigating that shit. or caused that shit indirectly. now on the other hand.......we know who are the real culprits to the bullshit going down over in Africa. from hotel rwanda to South Africa ( eye mean what more evidence do you need to prove that you motherfuckers are the physical manifestation of the devil himself) you crackers went to South Africa and had the nerve to keep Mandela locked up??? and got the  nerve to act like you belong there. fuck out of here

Wow, sounds like you got really angry for a change at hearing someone actually express "racism" towards your people (which, contrary to what you believe, doesn't happen enough these days).

I don't know if whites "belong" in Africa, but things sure were better when we ran the place. Also, considering that blacks tend to be more anti-semitic than whites nowadays, it's odd you'd criticize us for the Holocaust.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »
Pics from my first day in Senegal on Goree Island.  Goree Island was one of the first settlements built by the Europeans in West Africa.  The Porteguese were the first to make use of the island in the 14th century.  Later the Dutch captured it, and gave it its name.  But over the last few hundred years it has mainly been a possession of the colonial power of Senegal, the French.

Slavery is dramatized in great detail on the island.  Although it has been disputed that the tales are greatly exaggerated by the 1,000 or so locals who live on the island and benefit off its tourism.  Studies have shown that it was a major settlement and trading post, however human slaves were only a minor commodity on the island compared to the other goods being transported, such as beeswax, hides and grain. 

However it has been so well-preserved over the years, in comparison to other European settlements in Africa, that it is still considered one of the  best locations to visit for people seeking to better understand the history of the slave trade.  The slave house located on the island is very well-preserved as you can see in the following picture...

^^^The top floor is said to be where the slave masters lived, while the bottom level is said to be where the blacks were divided up by groups.  Then in the back is the place they call "point of no return" where they say the slaves were tragically shipped off to America, and "goodbye Africa".

This is the ferry ride over to Goree island, behind me you can see the whole width of the island off the coast of Senegal, surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.

This is one of the beautiful local girls on the island.  The locals are known as some of the nicest people you will find, many of them have lived their whole life and never even been off of the island.  The small island has it's own economy, some people have homes deep inside bunkers that were originally built by the European slave masters to defend the island from other competing European Nations.

Here is just some of the beautiful artwork they create for sale on Goree island.

This is a canon that was built around the 17th Century and used by the slave traders in defending the island from other European rivals.

Here's a Rasta spot we found on the island where we sat down for some tea (ataya).

...The first day I was just happy to be there, and get as far away as I could from the stress and monotony of American life.  Even after an 11 hour plane ride I still couldn't sleep for the first day and a half in Africa.  I was just so eager to get out and start seeing a different life.  I was pretty close to euphoria during my first couple days in Senegal.

The first thing I did was went for a walk. I walked to the beach and I looked off into the ocean and tried to realize how far I was from America.  At the time it felt America was very close, but with every day that passed America became farther and farther away as I looked off into the ocean. 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:40:44 AM by Infinite African West Coastin »

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »
tight pics bro...definitely looking forward for more pics...+1 8)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 04:58:05 AM »

thanks brother... I noticed a sharp spike in my karma, I am up to -455!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »

thanks brother... I noticed a sharp spike in my karma, I am up to -455!

make it -454.....good shit homie.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »
If i could rep i would, nice pics man i would like to travel over seas and dammmmn that island look small.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 03:57:09 AM »
yeah this is rad and interesting good shit Infinite.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 09:36:54 AM »

I know, the whites just commit hate crimes against non-white groups.  I think you guys get a rise out of it.  Ain't that right Bisco.
Time for a change...bring it!

Jared Taylor

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »

I know, the whites just commit hate crimes against non-white groups.  I think you guys get a rise out of it.  Ain't that right Bisco.

The Holocaust is an exception. When whites have wars, we don't genocide other groups like in Rwanda or Sudan.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 10:53:09 AM »
MUNGO PARK

This is another famous historical site in the upcountry of Gambia, where Scottish explorer Mungo Park began his journey across West Africa in the 14th century.  He started at approximately this location.  The goal of his journey was to track the course of the Niger river and he was successful.  He came back a second time and was attacked and killed by locals during his second journey.

I actually went to this location twice.  The first time I had told my friends I wanted to ride the canoe up the river.  So one of the locals offered to take me.  We went for a mile or so up the river.  We stopped and began walking through the woods.  I was barefoot but enjoyed seeing the nature.  We walked for about a mile through the woods till we reached this monument.  On the way back we passed some rice farmers.  They were all women, and they were interested to see a foriegner coming through, they playfully asked me to join them in their work.  Maybe if I hadn't been barefoot I would have joined them for a little while to see what it was like.  On the way back the guide who took me there explained to me life on the farm, as he was a farmer himself.  He also asked me if there "was anything I could do for him" and "not to tell the others that he had asked me".  But I mentioned it to my friend as soon as we got back and he advised me "not to give him anything" because there were not available ATM's in the upcountry and we needed all the money to make sure we got back okay.  The jeep was leeking oil and we had spent more than we expected.  We even spent time at a mechanic shop in the upcountry.  Here are a couple pictures of the upcountry shop where we received maintenance for our jeep...

No child labor laws here....

That's our jeep behind us being repaired...

Anyway...so as I was saying I went canoeing up the river to visit Mungo Park.  Then after reaching back to the location where we were staying that night.  My friends also said they wanted to see Mungo Park.  So this time we went by land taking a donkey ride through the villlages out to see it.  The donkey carried about 6 of us on a wooden board with wheels.

This is the means of transportation for many living in the villages.  The night before I had passed through a local village but it was pitch black, as there is no electricity.  So I couldn't see anything, I was just following the others.  But that day I passed through a few villages in route to Mungo Park, now in the daylight.  On the computer I have seen old drawings by Mungo Park of 14th century Gambia, then called "Mandingo".  The drawings in his travel journals are nearly identical to the way that it still looks today in those villages. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:11:23 AM by Infinite African West Coastin »

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
damn cool pics man... and lol @ that donkey haha sucks for him