Author Topic: So I went to Rock The Bells last night...  (Read 205 times)

penenstamp

So I went to Rock The Bells last night...
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:35:15 AM »
And it was awesome! :) First E.P.M.D. performed and did a great show! We were like: let's go home now, it won't get any better than this performance, ha.

After E.P.M.D. The Pharcyde rocked it. They even performed a Backstreet Boys song LOL! I barely recognized anything they did, but that didn't matter

De La Soul was great. Surprise guest Pharoahe Monch came on stage and murked it there! After his joint with De La Soul he did "Simon Says"... wow! What a song!

Supernatural came on stage and freestyled a little bit: "I have more freestyle skills than Holland got windmills." ;D

I'll be honest about Mos Def: his show sucked! When you talk about bad performers he's up there with 112.

We had to wait for like 20 minutes for Nas to come on, but that was worth it. He did pretty much all his classics. Everybody loved it. I had the feeling he was out of breath with the last song, "One Mic". Oh, I have to tell you about the lighting with "One Mic". All the lights were aimed at him, so you could only see his silhouette.

As for the Dutch acts... They were performing on a different stage. I saw two acts in the beginning before the American artists came up. They, as expected, sucked ass. I never even heard of those that I saw LOL!

Anyhoo... it was a great night. If you have doubts on going, I suggest you do go. I mean... How many times will you see E.P.M.D., Pharoahe Monch, Green Lantern (he was with Nas), De La Soul, Nas, Mos Def and The Pharcyde live on stage in one night?

And Eclipze, you weren't where you said you were! lol

'EclipZe

Re: So I went to Rock The Bells last night...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 02:42:27 AM »
I was there you fool :P! I waited for 15 mins on the right of the entrance lol then the doors got open! But yeah it was dope!

JossieJ

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:12:38 AM »
Yeahh it was really dopee ! The only problem was the entrance,, i had to wait for like an hour to get in,, so i missed EPMD =S
They were really slow at the entrance !
But overall it was a dope show,, Pharcyde & De la Soul were really dopee & Nas did all his classics,, the only song i missed was.. GET DOWN !

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 04:44:07 AM »
Pharo celebrated his b-day on Prague concert 8) and Pharcyde did My Prerogative song, all the guys were dancing and Fatlip was singing, it was crazy ;D

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 05:33:30 AM »
wish i hadn't spent so much money this month or else i'd be there at Manchester (what happened to the free tickets Rud??lol).

DJ Premier on Tuesday'll have to do...

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »
Pharo wuz dope.
It's funky enough!

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »
Going to the London show next Sunday night - looking forward to it 8)

thisoneguy360

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 10:30:59 AM »
Dope shit, I wish I had gone when it came to Seattle

penenstamp

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 12:03:56 PM »
Pharo celebrated his b-day on Prague concert 8) and Pharcyde did My Prerogative song, all the guys were dancing and Fatlip was singing, it was crazy ;D

It was actually that Backstreet Boys song with the My Prerogative melody.