Author Topic: CHICANO RAP SUCKS?  (Read 1001 times)

GENERAL ZOD

Re: CHICANO RAP SUCKS?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 03:22:54 PM »
latinos is the new west movement  8)

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »
its already in place , but all this artist are stuck on the ''chicano sound'' they shud grow out of it to get more fans even outside of the culture atracted
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »
not all of them are stuck on that chicano sound alot of them grew up on hip hop east coast west coast dirty south midwest just plain and simple hip hop the only thing is that they are chicano and are not gonna mis represent there culture and race in anyway  8)

M.A

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 12:48:03 AM »
its already in place , but all this artist are stuck on the ''chicano sound'' they shud grow out of it to get more fans even outside of the culture atracted

TRUE

kazam

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 06:34:25 AM »
WHAT ABOUT MR. CRIMINAL? THAT DUDE IS A BEAST... CHECK OUT SOUNDS OF THE SUMMERTIME + SIDE 2 SIDE THOSE ARE MY FAVS

Ese Torsido

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
Here's an excerpt from BallerStatus.com where producer Fingazz talked about how he wanted to give Chicano rappers a mainstream sound:

(From http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/features/2008/09/5533/)

Fingazz: When I did "Lean Like A Cholo" -- I work with a lot of Chicano artists, but I never done anything that sounded like that. We talked about it. I said "You wanna do something different and make you stand out? And maybe get a look for a Chicano artist in the clubs?" He was like "Yea I'm down, let's do it." I told him I'd still keep it a little west coast and we're gonna try to do it. We did the whole album, trying to approach it differently and try to create a new sound for a Chicano artist. It worked.

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 11:00:02 AM »
fingaz creates good music  8)

kazam

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 11:04:41 AM »
Here's an excerpt from BallerStatus.com where producer Fingazz talked about how he wanted to give Chicano rappers a mainstream sound:

(From http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/features/2008/09/5533/)

Fingazz: When I did "Lean Like A Cholo" -- I work with a lot of Chicano artists, but I never done anything that sounded like that. We talked about it. I said "You wanna do something different and make you stand out? And maybe get a look for a Chicano artist in the clubs?" He was like "Yea I'm down, let's do it." I told him I'd still keep it a little west coast and we're gonna try to do it. We did the whole album, trying to approach it differently and try to create a new sound for a Chicano artist. It worked.

ITS DEFINITLY A GOOD LOOK BUT I HOPE THE CHICANO RAP STAYS TRUE I THINK LEAN LIKE A CHOLO IS TOO LESS MELODIC FINGAZZ SHOULD GET DOWN ON SOME MORE COMPELX SHIT IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE A DRUM PATTERN AND A SYNTH HE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT !!! ANYWAYS NO DISRESPECT JUST AN OPINION MUCH LOVE

DPGC23

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »
DEF MR CRIMINAL IS A BEAST ONTHE MIC, HE'S GOT A SICK FLOW N HIS PRODUCTION IS TOP NOTCH,
KINDA LIEK SPANKY LOCOS PRODUCTOION THAT SHITS SICK

CRIMINAL MITE B THE TOP 1 FROM THE HI POWER CAMP

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Dice City

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 12:00:07 PM »
latinos is the new west movement  8)
hope so it be a nice change  8)

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
IF YOU TAKE THE GAME,SNOOP AND DRE OUT CHICANO RAP IS ON TOP IF YOU PUT THIS YEARS NUMBERS OF SALES TOGETHER CHICANO RAP IS THE MOST SOLD THESE ARE 100 PERCENT FACTS HI POWER DID ABOUT 1 MILLON SOLD THIS YEAR AND THERE ARE MANY OTHER LIL LABELS OUT THERE ALSO... ADDS  THEM ALL UP I WOULD SAY CHICANO RAP HAS HIT 2 MILLON IN SALES THIS YEAR!!!!!!! WITH ALL THE ARTIST LABELS ETC....

SOME OF THE BEST SALES GOES TO MR. CRIMINAL MR.CAPONE-E LIL ROB

WITH NO MAJOR LABEL SUPPORT THEY ARE PUSHING UNITS

JUST IMAGE A DRE OR PDIDDY SIGN A CHICANO RAPPERS AND A MOVEMENT WITH A BUZZ

NOW WE TALKING HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!!

LOOK OUT FOR HI POWER THINGS MIGHT CHANGE IN THE WEST SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

one shot kill

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
i think the hope is in the new breed of chicano rap.. cats like, berretta , annimean., hectic, foxwest, mdk ect .. thats where the real change is gonna come from....  8)

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »
defantely the hi power camp takes it to anotha level in chicano rap, shit wit bizzy layzie n flip n shit
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:48 PM »
 8) a milly a milly a milly