Author Topic: KURUPT & ROSCOE - The Frank & Jesse James Story  (Read 5633 times)

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
Re: KURUPT & ROSCOE - The Frank & Jesse James Story
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2008, 02:12:38 PM »
I'm Luvvin:
"Break It Down Like"
"All I Need"
"Where Ya Gonna Go"
"I Miss U"
"No Time To Waste"
"I Got U"

Right Now I Got That "I Miss U" On Repeat, Koo Album... I Thought It Was Gonna Go A Little Harder Tho...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »
I'm Luvvin:
"Break It Down Like"
"All I Need"
"Where Ya Gonna Go"
"I Miss U"
"No Time To Waste"
"I Got U"

Right Now I Got That "I Miss U" On Repeat, Koo Album... I Thought It Was Gonna Go A Little Harder Tho...

not feelin Bustin'? :-\

EFFeX

« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »
You guys are trippin..  Check this on good headphones, sounds balanced as hell..  I would reckon it would sound good on a good system too...  The way this is mixed is for the vibe to come off the guitars and horns, with the percussion sounding more live than a traditional beat..  Definitely not a bass-focused producer, which is good...  The only problem with _some_ of the beats is they aren't produced enough, could added sum extra elements or instrumental to some of them to make them more complete.. 

smh @ another "im industry, but im in da streets" line..  C'mon Roscoe...

Not feeling the lyrics, suuuuuuubstance boys!

I don't know, I mean I have a mean system that performs well with other albums in my car. It's not that ALL the songs on the album aren't powerful enough, but there were tracks where I was like "ehh, that kick is a little weak". I don't know, MAYBE I'm being too critical. I'll accept that maybe I'm being a little hard on the album since my first spin was a little disappointing. Next time through it I'll give it as fair a chance as I can.

However, you are 100% correct when you said that some tracks sound under-produced. I mean, maybe that's his style, who knows, but that's what I mean when I say the production is a little empty.

Don't get me wrong, this album is by no means trash. I'm pretty much all the stand out tracks that people have mentioned in this thread so far. Interestingly enough, I'm complaining about kicks not being hard enough and my favorite track right now is "All I Need".

Is it my favorite DPG album? Not even close. Is it hotter than most albums that came out in '08? Fa sho'!

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2008, 03:37:40 PM »
I'm Luvvin:
"Break It Down Like"
"All I Need"
"Where Ya Gonna Go"
"I Miss U"
"No Time To Waste"
"I Got U"

not feelin Bustin'? :-\

Itz Not Whack... Itz Aiiight...

Blood$

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »
I came into buying this album knowing I am not going to hear some Fred Wreck/Dre/Battlecat type beats. Beats are for the most part subjective. Silva is getting better with his and I enjoyed the majority of them on this album. It had more live instruments and the beats were layered much better than Daz's which sounded more like rough drafts at times. But hell people say Dre's beats are wack so go figure.

+1, that's exactly how I feel... I would love to hear a mind-blowing album with both of them on some big name producers' tracks but when I saw it was J. Silva, I knew what to expect but I was still concerned on whether or not I'd be disappointed, which I personally wasn't  8)

I've given the album about 3 spins now and I think it's pretty dope

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2008, 07:17:43 PM »
I came into buying this album knowing I am not going to hear some Fred Wreck/Dre/Battlecat type beats. Beats are for the most part subjective. Silva is getting better with his and I enjoyed the majority of them on this album. It had more live instruments and the beats were layered much better than Daz's which sounded more like rough drafts at times. But hell people say Dre's beats are wack so go figure.

+1, that's exactly how I feel... I would love to hear a mind-blowing album with both of them on some big name producers' tracks but when I saw it was J. Silva, I knew what to expect but I was still concerned on whether or not I'd be disappointed, which I personally wasn't  8)

I've given the album about 3 spins now and I think it's pretty dope

Yeah I dig it.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2008, 10:59:22 PM »
You guys are trippin..  Check this on good headphones, sounds balanced as hell..  I would reckon it would sound good on a good system too...  The way this is mixed is for the vibe to come off the guitars and horns, with the percussion sounding more live than a traditional beat..  Definitely not a bass-focused producer, which is good...  The only problem with _some_ of the beats is they aren't produced enough, could added sum extra elements or instrumental to some of them to make them more complete.. 

smh @ another "im industry, but im in da streets" line..  C'mon Roscoe...

Not feeling the lyrics, suuuuuuubstance boys!

I don't know, I mean I have a mean system that performs well with other albums in my car. It's not that ALL the songs on the album aren't powerful enough, but there were tracks where I was like "ehh, that kick is a little weak". I don't know, MAYBE I'm being too critical. I'll accept that maybe I'm being a little hard on the album since my first spin was a little disappointing. Next time through it I'll give it as fair a chance as I can.

However, you are 100% correct when you said that some tracks sound under-produced. I mean, maybe that's his style, who knows, but that's what I mean when I say the production is a little empty.

Don't get me wrong, this album is by no means trash. I'm pretty much all the stand out tracks that people have mentioned in this thread so far. Interestingly enough, I'm complaining about kicks not being hard enough and my favorite track right now is "All I Need".

Is it my favorite DPG album? Not even close. Is it hotter than most albums that came out in '08? Fa sho'!

I dig what you're saying, props.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2008, 02:32:36 AM »
 i've orderd it, aint heard it yet. Everytime kurupt dose anythin it get critacised so iam gonna judge for myself. I actually liked j.silvas production on daz's "gangsta party".

Mietek23

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »
I like this album... it's a very solid CD - got some dope cuts on it - my personal favorites are "I Got U" and "Game Been Missin", great songs...

penenstamp

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2008, 03:37:33 AM »
I bought the album and was disappointed  :(
Some dudes like Kurupt, Roscoe, Daz, Kokane ... they must have better producers cos this album sucks!
The only good track is "Game Been Missin" ... str8 bangin' 8)

my rating of the album : 3.5/10

a 3.5?!?

damn, i could understand a 6 or 7 cuz of the beats. but a fuckin 3.5? damn lol.

So it's not important who the rapper is or what he does, as long as the beats are good?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2008, 09:03:15 AM »
I bought the album and was disappointed  :(
Some dudes like Kurupt, Roscoe, Daz, Kokane ... they must have better producers cos this album sucks!
The only good track is "Game Been Missin" ... str8 bangin' 8)

my rating of the album : 3.5/10

a 3.5?!?

damn, i could understand a 6 or 7 cuz of the beats. but a fuckin 3.5? damn lol.

So it's not important who the rapper is or what he does, as long as the beats are good?

no im with you on that. it shouldnt matter the beats.

im sayin if he said, ill give this a 6 because he didnt like the beats, thats more reasonable than a 3.5.

im givin this shit a 8 because i dont even think the beats were all that bad lol.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2008, 10:29:56 AM »
still waiting for my copy to arrive.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »
No Time to Waste - is what im stuck on lsiten to it every day at the moment... real westcoast track.. this album is a 7.5/10 i think thats fair

So Much Style

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2008, 01:11:52 PM »
gota say im feelin this!!  much better prod. than daz gangsta party for sure!!

real lovin:
hate on me
girls like me
break it down like
notime to waste
where you gonna go

where you gonna go and hate on me show that kokanes album will be sck with j silva.
So much style back at it again

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2008, 02:17:44 PM »
Just gave the album a proper listen then and shits dope I reckon, dunno what all the hates about. Some of the beats don't have that much kick but mostly the productions all good, nothing amazing but its not rubbish. "I Got You" is dope, "Bustin" is fire minus the weak snare, and "Game Been Missin" in sick. Solid album I reckon!