Author Topic: KURUPT & ROSCOE - The Frank & Jesse James Story  (Read 5652 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: KURUPT & ROSCOE - The Frank & Jesse James Story
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
DOPE ALBUM! 8) 8) 8)

definatly a 8-8.5/10 album! Bustin' was BANGIN! :o

I Got U was an awsome way to go out. Kurupt is so fuckin awsome! :)

good album for rap, no fillers, no lollipop-ness. KURUPT & ROSCOE JUST SPITTIN! 8)

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »
DOPE ALBUM! 8) 8) 8)

good album for rap, no fillers, no lollipop-ness. KURUPT & ROSCOE JUST SPITTIN! 8)

i feel u on "I Got U"..it's a perfect outro

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2008, 05:49:30 PM »
DOPE ALBUM! 8) 8) 8)

i feel u on "I Got U"..it's a perfect outro

hell yeah! Kurupt is such a problem on the mic!

EFFeX

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
I know I was originally hypin' this album up real big, but I honestly don't know how I feel about it. It's got to be the J Silva production. I just can't get past it, I mean, it has potential, but it's something about this guys style that's all wrong. I mean, it almost sounds like he either doesn't know how to mix or the album just isn't mastered. It's lacking depth. It lacks sufficient bass too and I feel that way in all his productions.

Roscoe and Kurupt did what I expected of them and they came correct. There is no doubt about that. I'm just kind of sad the album went down the way it did. These two knew fans been waiting for this for years and they took the quick way out by going the High Powered route. I'm a DPG fan till the end, nothing is going to change that, but I can't see this getting much replay other than a few songs. I'm a bit disappointed, maybe it will change.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »
I know I was originally hypin' this album up real big, but I honestly don't know how I feel about it. It's got to be the J Silva production. I just can't get past it, I mean, it has potential, but it's something about this guys style that's all wrong. I mean, it almost sounds like he either doesn't know how to mix or the album just isn't mastered. It's lacking depth. It lacks sufficient bass too and I feel that way in all his productions.

Roscoe and Kurupt did what I expected of them and they came correct. There is no doubt about that. I'm just kind of sad the album went down the way it did. These two knew fans been waiting for this for years and they took the quick way out by going the High Powered route. I'm a DPG fan till the end, nothing is going to change that, but I can't see this getting much replay other than a few songs. I'm a bit disappointed, maybe it will change.

there are like below average/average beats & then there are a few bangers, so it goes both ways. the Kurupt/Quik album should shit on this album & every other album. :P

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2008, 07:26:33 PM »
You know another producer that was doing collabo albums like this is Big Hollis. He did the Noble/Layzie Bone, Edi/Noble and a few others.

EFFeX

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »

there are like below average/average beats & then there are a few bangers, so it goes both ways. the Kurupt/Quik album should shit on this album & every other album. :P

Pretty much.  The Kurupt / Quik is easily becoming my most anticipated album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2008, 07:37:01 PM »

right up there with Detox, no joke.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2008, 07:37:56 PM »

Is Blaqkout expected to drop this yr?

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »

Kurupt, Xzibit & Dre all in '09! 8) 8) 8)

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
sounds good to me

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2008, 09:00:58 PM »

Kurupt, Kurupt, Kurupt & Xzibit Dre all in '09! 8) 8) 8)
Now looks more like it.  ;)

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2008, 03:12:52 AM »
Yeah Lots of west coming in 09, hopefully well see Jay Rock, Glasses, Bishio, Omar, Problem, maybe crooked and the ones listed above.
But back on topic my favorites tracks from album so far are
Hate on Me- Feat Kokane, track is funky and westcoast out
Game Been Missing- feat Daz, glad to hear Daz rapping like his oldself, with a dope beat and dope hook.
Bustin- We needed more of this on the album!
Smashin- another banger, great song by the duo
No Time to Waste- This is some smooth gangsta shit...very dope indeed.
I Got U- Probally my fav, deep lyrics by kurupt and overall just great song.
Overall good album, I would love to see these lyrical brother link up agin and give us a classic album with prod. by daz, soopa, fred, wellz, quik, and Cat. And maybe some more features from the YA Camp and Snoop, Nate, Quik rapping, Butch. That would be some classic shit. This album is definatelly worth owning if your a DPG fan, a Kurupt fan or a Scoe fan. Cop the album and support it. Cant wait for evrything else DPGC is bringing in the future... 8)

mackeye

• 'G'
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »
I bought the album and was disappointed  :(
Some dudes like Kurupt, Roscoe, Daz, Kokane ... they must have better producers cos this album sucks!
The only good track is "Game Been Missin" ... str8 bangin' 8)

my rating of the album : 3.5/10