Author Topic: KURUPT & ROSCOE - The Frank & Jesse James Story  (Read 5535 times)

Re: KURUPT & ROSCOE - The Frank & Jesse James Story
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »
this shits hella boring. i like the intro's beat a lot but that's it. if the production was better it might be a decent release.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
I bought the album and was disappointed  :(
Some dudes like Kurupt, Roscoe, Daz, Kokane ... they must have better producers cos this album sucks!
The only good track is "Game Been Missin" ... str8 bangin' 8)

my rating of the album : 3.5/10

a 3.5?!?

damn, i could understand a 6 or 7 cuz of the beats. but a fuckin 3.5? damn lol.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
lol at all the bitchin...beats are not terrible...understand there not great but there not as bad as ppl are puttin it as

Jome

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2008, 01:32:57 PM »
^^ They're horrible, honestly.. and K & R suffers from it, they hardly sound inspired at all.
Give them a fresh Alchemist beat, or Evidence, Hi-Tek, Focus, Khalil, Muggs, Battlecat, Rotem beat, etc. I bet they'll deliver.

It seems people are willing to listen to anything as long as Kurupt, Daz or Roscoe is on it.

hrsmn_london

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »
fuck a beat

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
i really cant believe all the hate this is getting... :-\

EFFeX

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »

Kurupt is in my Top 5 dead or alive and that's the truth, but I don't know about this project. I mean the two brothers do their thing on it, but J Silva ruined the album no getting around it. There's a handful of good songs, but the majority are skippers. It's not "hate" coming from me, just really disappointed. This is the second album this dude messed up the beats on that I've heard (Gangsta Party the other one). It would take a miracle for me to give him another shot in the future.

mackeye

• 'G'
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »

there's no hate, just disappointment ...

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:11 PM »
I came into buying this album knowing I am not going to hear some Fred Wreck/Dre/Battlecat type beats. Beats are for the most part subjective. Silva is getting better with his and I enjoyed the majority of them on this album. It had more live instruments and the beats were layered much better than Daz's which sounded more like rough drafts at times. But hell people say Dre's beats are wack so go figure.

Elano

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2008, 11:02:24 PM »
this record is a mess

EFFeX

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
I came into buying this album knowing I am not going to hear some Fred Wreck/Dre/Battlecat type beats. Beats are for the most part subjective. Silva is getting better with his and I enjoyed the majority of them on this album. It had more live instruments and the beats were layered much better than Daz's which sounded more like rough drafts at times. But hell people say Dre's beats are wack so go figure.

Yeah, that's one thing I will agree on, I appreciated the fact that he actually used real instruments in this production.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »

Yeah, that's one thing I will agree on, I appreciated the fact that he actually used real instruments in this production.

The perception I get from this guy is that he got some chedda. He is in the industry and he got a wish list of people he want to work with and a bankroll to match. The x factor if and when he ever gets there is constantly improving his product. Better beats, etc. I think he learned from his mistakes on Daz's, made some improvements and then did Gotti & Scoe's. For the artists it is a no brainer unless they are completely turned off by what he is selling. I don't know I thought it was solid. Now for a musical junkie like Kokane it will be VERY interesting to see what kind of beats he comes up with for him.

EFFeX

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2008, 11:27:17 AM »

The perception I get from this guy is that he got some chedda. He is in the industry and he got a wish list of people he want to work with and a bankroll to match. The x factor if and when he ever gets there is constantly improving his product. Better beats, etc. I think he learned from his mistakes on Daz's, made some improvements and then did Gotti & Scoe's. For the artists it is a no brainer unless they are completely turned off by what he is selling. I don't know I thought it was solid. Now for a musical junkie like Kokane it will be VERY interesting to see what kind of beats he comes up with for him.

I just think he needs to mix these beats better, they seem hollow at points. Sometimes the drums and bass aren't hitting enough when you can tell that was intention, but didn't deliver. Hopefully he's learning more as he goes on.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
You guys are trippin..  Check this on good headphones, sounds balanced as hell..  I would reckon it would sound good on a good system too...  The way this is mixed is for the vibe to come off the guitars and horns, with the percussion sounding more live than a traditional beat..  Definitely not a bass-focused producer, which is good...  The only problem with _some_ of the beats is they aren't produced enough, could added sum extra elements or instrumental to some of them to make them more complete.. 

smh @ another "im industry, but im in da streets" line..  C'mon Roscoe...

Not feeling the lyrics, suuuuuuubstance boys!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »
You guys are trippin..  Check this on good headphones, sounds balanced as hell..  I would reckon it would sound good on a good system too...  The way this is mixed is for the vibe to come off the guitars and horns, with the percussion sounding more live than a traditional beat..  Definitely not a bass-focused producer, which is good...  The only problem with _some_ of the beats is they aren't produced enough, could added sum extra elements or instrumental to some of them to make them more complete.. 

smh @ another "im industry, but im in da streets" line..  C'mon Roscoe...

Not feeling the lyrics, suuuuuuubstance boys!

Well put. Sounds great in my home system and in the ride.