Author Topic: Rock the Bells Amsterdam, the day after.  (Read 252 times)

'EclipZe

Rock the Bells Amsterdam, the day after.
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:29:49 AM »
Rock The Bells - 1 Nov. - Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam

The performances where cool, the organisation in Amsterdam sucked tho, I had a digital camera with me and I was one of the first to get in but they tolld me I wasn't allowed to bring my camera so I had to put it back in the car and stand in line for a fucking hour... thank god when I came in and found me a spot in the front the show just started so I didn't miss shit but I don't got any movies or pictures.

EPMD started the show and they had the best performance of the night IMO. They rocked, rhymed every word, did some old school 80's tracks, paid respect to isaac hayes (just like mos def) and where just dope.

then right after the Pharcyde jumped the stage, those are some hyperactive fools LOL, some friends of mine didn't know them and they thought they where on some boyband shit with their synchronized dance moves when fatlip tolld the crowd that he heard a lot of shit about him bein on coke and bein responsible for the group to be divided they did some backstreet boys type a shit haha. And they started with runnin' and did so many dope songs like ya momma's so fat, drop, passin me by, oh shit etc. All of em doin their own idiotic dance moves while performing, I enjoyed it haha they where dope.

Then De La Soul entered the stage and did their thing, also kicking some old school tracks and they brought Pharoah Monch out who did simon says which made the crowed hyped as fuck. He didn't rhyme though, just said SIMON SAYS GET THE FUCK OUT, and when the lyrics started he just went UH UH UH UH UH . that was kinda sucky though, but dope he came through. De La Soul then kicked it again with some more shit and freezing for 1 minute for 3 times while the music stopped and then outta nowhere started with their shit again, which was dope.

Then Scratch was on the beats and Supernatural kicked a 10 minute freestyle with the audience giving him items he then made a freestyle out off.

Then Mos Def came, which performance actually disappointed me, I thought he would do a lot of his old music but instead he was on some jamaican shit and I couldn't even understand what the fuck he was saying. Some of the crowd was feeling it though and no disrespect he had a few songs I enjoyed listening 2 as well but 90% of the time was on jamaican style and that's just not really my thing.

Then Nas came and the whole crowd was really hyped for that, opening with hiphop is dead which was mad ass hell, then doin songs like I can, made you look, memory lane, hate me now etc, even did a tupac sample and ended with one mic where he got rid of his t-shirt and his pants where olmost on his knees with his white shorts which wasn't really a candid camera moment lol. Plus he only rhymed half of the songs which was really disappointing. 

All I Can say was it was dope, even though I was kinda disappointed in Mos Def and definitely in Nas, but to see so many legends on 1 night was the shit  8).

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:42:50 AM by EclipZe »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Rock the Bells Amsterdam, the day after.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:36:51 AM »
Nice line-up. A damn shame they didn't stop by Belgium.
And yeah, I hate it when rappers pronounce only half of their words. Hit the threadmill bitches! Start getting in shape! Running around huffing & puffing, not doing their job right but they still get paid for it. Should be against the law 8)

'EclipZe

Re: Rock the Bells Amsterdam, the day after.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 09:59:19 PM »
^ I enjoyed the performance though but if you wanna be critical, the fool just mumbled the words out which was really disappointing.