Author Topic: NEW WESTCOAST LAW  (Read 558 times)

Raine

• Lil Geezy
  • RAINE N LANE N KOKANE THE ALBUM OUT NOW!!!
NEW WESTCOAST LAW
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:03:40 AM »
THIS IS SOMETHING WE'VE BEEN DISCUSSING IN ANOTHER THREAD.....  FELT LIKE IT NEEDED ITS OWN THREAD TO REALLY GET THE POINT ACROSS.

we cant forget to BUY MUSIC. why you think niggaz been givin away so many mixtapes lately?? they dont wanna get clowned on they sales cuz NOBODY is BUYING.

can we at least make it a rule that you cant bootleg no WESTCOAST SHIT? do we have that much luv for the west at least or is all the talk on here just that empty and full of shit? cuz i'll just stop comin on here. this is the biggest place on the whole internet for westcoast fans and 90 percent of these niggaz will sit and argue for they're favorite rapper like they want to fight, and then go steal his shit. do yall not think that effects the game out here? what if we stopped bootleggin our own shit? we would instantly rise back up. niggaz would be breaded.

can we do that?
ORDER RAINE n LANE n KOKANE THE ALBUM NOW AT

www.myspace.com/rainendem.

Shipping Worldwide

penenstamp

Re: NEW WESTCOAST LAW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »
I happen to post on a msg board that's dedicated to one region, but quality is quality. Where an artist is from doesn't matter to me. I've bought a ridiculous amount of cd's and I've spent a lot of money on it, so about two years ago I made rules for myself for when to buy cd's:
- To support an artist/group (i.e. Westurn Union's album didn't have much replay value, but I did want to support the group because of Soopafly and because of the bad ass mixtape they put out);
- To complete my collection (i.e. I collect R. Kelly retail albums, good or bad);
- If I feel like I can listen to the cd 5 years from now (i.e. Fort Minor - "The Rising Tied" & Rhymefest - "Blue Collar").

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:51:01 AM »
I buy albums based on Quality and integrity.  I've gone as far as emailing indi artists and having them mail me cd's directly.  I also buy albums when I seem em like "LAX" or "Ego Trippin".  It helps when albums are like 8 dollars, I usually won't hesitate in cases like that. 

Also, if you're throwin money around in a video like it's nothin.  You ain't gettin mine.

Raine

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »
I happen to post on a msg board that's dedicated to one region, but quality is quality. Where an artist is from doesn't matter to me. I've bought a ridiculous amount of cd's and I've spent a lot of money on it, so about two years ago I made rules for myself for when to buy cd's:
- To support an artist/group (i.e. Westurn Union's album didn't have much replay value, but I did want to support the group because of Soopafly and because of the bad ass mixtape they put out);
- To complete my collection (i.e. I collect R. Kelly retail albums, good or bad);
- If I feel like I can listen to the cd 5 years from now (i.e. Fort Minor - "The Rising Tied" & Rhymefest - "Blue Collar").

i feel ya. but theres a lot of talk on this message board that poses the same question:

WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BRING THE WEST BACK TO THE TOP?

so this is one possible solution and if people understand it and follow suit it can work.

with more money in artists pockets we can get more radio and promotion and let that grow to something big.

most people say they will download something and if its good they will buy it, but how true is that??

i think most people download it, bump it, and if its good they just keep bumpin it and forget all about the artist.

how long would a liqour store last if 80 percent of the customers walked in and just took what they wanted?

you can say so what, fuck that liquor store. but when its gone, you gonna be real thirsty with nowhere to go.

Shipping Worldwide

Raine

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »
I buy albums based on Quality and integrity.  I've gone as far as emailing indi artists and having them mail me cd's directly.  I also buy albums when I seem em like "LAX" or "Ego Trippin".  It helps when albums are like 8 dollars, I usually won't hesitate in cases like that. 

Also, if you're throwin money around in a video like it's nothin.  You ain't gettin mine.

thats real good support if youre goin that far as to email someone and ask for a copy. people have done that plenty of times for me and it feels good to see the support. in certain cases i will go the extra mile and send out copies of our previous releases as well.

as far as throwin the money... haha.. i feel you homie, but its usually not theirs. but thats why rappers like common get more support cuz they aint all in your face like "look how rich i am!"

and that nigga does movies so he's prolly way more breaded than your average artist.

Shipping Worldwide

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:56:36 AM »

You're on point penenstamp. I do the same damn thing -> Collection / Support / Occasion. I have a lot of cream in my collection, too.
It's funky enough!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »
I bought errones CD this year.

Wayne
Nas
Game
T.I.
Cube
Dubb Union
Snoop

Muhfukka

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:01:09 AM »
fuck all that groupie bullshit this isnt a football team were talking about i dont care if youre from the westcoast im not buyin your shit except for a couple rare exceptions

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
fuck all that groupie bullshit this isnt a football team were talking about i dont care if youre from the westcoast im not buyin your shit except for a couple rare exceptions
Man these artists been puttin out shit for years and know they wont sell as much as in the 90s. Support them. They be spending $$$ on the album and you just Limewire it.

Muhfukka

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »
Man these artists been puttin out shit for years and know they wont sell as much as in the 90s. Support them. They be spending $$$ on the album and you just Limewire it.
yeah and i dont hear anything comin out nowadays that i would consider up to par so im not going to drop a fucking dime

penenstamp

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »
yeah and i dont hear anything comin out nowadays that i would consider up to par so im not going to drop a fucking dime

Anyone that buys music that is not up to par (and doesn't buy it for collectors purposes), is IMO co-responsible for the fact that less quality music comes out. For example, I love the three records Kanye West put up and they were definitely worth my money, but his upcoming album gonna be all autotune... I will even refuse to pay for a ticket if he comes out here to perform. They're getting no money from me.

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 12:08:26 PM »
I'm always gonna be bootlegging albums, but I also spend a lot of money to see artists live. When you buy an albums so much of the money goes to the label/store that you're putting much more money into the pockets of guys you like by going to they shows.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 12:15:05 PM »
I'm always gonna be bootlegging albums, but I also spend a lot of money to see artists live. When you buy an albums so much of the money goes to the label/store that you're putting much more money into the pockets of guys you like by going to they shows.

It ain't about that. First off, you buy it because of hard copy, too. Suppport artists is obviosity.

And the performances? What about the companies that bring the rappers? You paid money to their pockets, not in the rappers' pockets.
It's funky enough!

Raine

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 01:09:48 PM »

no album sales = no show bookings retard

Shipping Worldwide

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
Man you guys got it twisted. Most artists make way more money off touring and merch than they do albums. Album sales do factor into booking shows, but it's not the only statistic (let's face it, dudes are getting booked off hype these days way more than actual quality of product) and if a booker likes an artist/album he'll book them regardless of how the album's doing. Grandmasters was a great album yet its sales were absolutely terrible and it had no promotion. Muggs and GZA still got booked across the country and made some nice money off of it.