Author Topic: 10 Westcoast Rules to make the West unstoppable again!!!!  (Read 626 times)

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: 10 Westcoast Rules to make the West unstoppable again!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
you are off on so many counts homie do you live out here?

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »
The only rule is BUY THE MOTHAFUCKIN' CDS! Buy them and do not support that digital download shit. Buy hard copies, vinyls or CDs, doesn't mind.

good idea.. but it takes more than purchasing cds.....get these fake niggasa out the way.. and watch shit change..its time for da real again...

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 02:06:13 PM »
The only rule is BUY THE MOTHAFUCKIN' CDS! Buy them and do not support that digital download shit. Buy hard copies, vinyls or CDs, doesn't mind.
pretty much thats all you gotta do when something drops support it

SO PRUP

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 02:22:14 PM »
1. Follow Ice Cube's lead with his new Raw Report cd
4. Start new worldwide trends
6. Look at Oregon, Nevada and Washington State as part of the Westcoast movement (not just Cali)
8. Leave the "keeping it Gangsta motto" to real gangsters. If you never did what you're rapping about. Let your fans know that you've seen it. Not lived it. They'll respect you more.
9. Quit following current trends like making it rain, rapping about bentley's, and ice. It makes us look like followers.

Only ones I'm Feeling

1. People do need to get on this indy hustle out here and not worry so much about being mainstream.
4. I do think the west needs to start being trendsettas, we need to atleast mature our sound into something new sounding, take what we have and make it sound newer, because most the cats out here still sound like there in the 90s.
6.  This is the main thing for me, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, get all those states in the mix.
8. Everyone doesn't need to be a gangsta, I feel that...
9. Be Orginal, make these cats copy us...

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 02:26:53 PM »
6. Look at Oregon, Nevada and Washington State as part of the Westcoast movement (not just Cali)
8. Leave the "keeping it Gangsta motto" to real gangsters. If you never did what you're rapping about. Let your fans know that you've seen it. Not lived it. They'll respect you more.
9. Quit following current trends like making it rain, rapping about bentley's, and ice. It makes us look like followers.

Only ones I'm Feeling

1. People do need to get on this indy hustle out here and not worry so much about being mainstream.
4. I do think the west needs to start being trendsettas, we need to atleast mature our sound into something new sounding, take what we have and make it sound newer, because most the cats out here still sound like there in the 90s.
6.  This is the main thing for me, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, get all those states in the mix.

yeah let the real gangstas do what they do..

Muhfukka

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »

Only ones I'm Feeling

idaho? wyoming? montana? utah? colorado?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »
Biggest thing is the issues with the O.G. West Coast rappers and the New West need to be addressed. Both sides need each other for it to be effective. West also needs to start touring outside of the West Coast.

The independent thing is something I feel could be capitalized. I'd like to see a rapper like Crooked I take the Tech N9ne approach and just start putting out dope music on his own, instead of waiting on some big label deal. Tech is one rapper who seems to have the business end right and knows how to fuck with the fans as far as giving them a good deal for their money. His last two albums were like ten bucks each on opening week and came with either bonus CD's or free shirts depending on where you bought them. He might not be a household name but he's got a whole catalog of great music out there. I don't know. I'm just throwing shit against the wall here.