Author Topic: Californians + People in LA County - Who/What R U Voting For & Why?!?  (Read 327 times)

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
Prop. 1A - SAFE, RELIABLE HIGH-SPEED PASSENGER TRAIN BOND ACT.

Voting - YES - provides a fast, cheap way to commute thru california - reduces traffic congestion, reduces pollution

Prop. 2 - STANDARDS FOR CONFINING FARM ANIMALS. INITIATIVE STATUTE.

Voting - Yes - But Really, Does It Matter? They are going to die anyway.

Prop. 3 - CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL BOND ACT. GRANT PROGRAM. INITIATIVE STATUTE.

Voting - Yes - Because:
    * Requires that qualifying children’s hospitals provide comprehensive services to a high volume of children eligible for governmental programs and meet other requirements.

Prop 4. - WAITING PERIOD AND PARENTAL NOTIFICATION BEFORE TERMINATION OF MINOR’S PREGNANCY.

Voting - NO - It's bad enough they are looking to get an abortion, but denying them and you know they will find ways of doing them on their own, and infants in dumpsters.

Prop 5 - NONVIOLENT DRUG OFFENSES. SENTENCING, PAROLE AND REHABILITATION

Voting - NO - I have seen ads saying that its the drug dealers bill of rights when in fact it is not - Drug dealers are not exempt from this law, Youth offenders and first time offenders are. This law is for non violent drug posession offenses - users, not sellers will be helped.
Sellers will still be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law(Read Section 11 - http://www. prop5yes. com/nora-full-text )

Prop 6 - POLICE AND LAW ENFORCEMENT FUNDING. CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND LAWS.

Voting - No - It diverts billions from California's schools, hospitals and childcare centers by funding failed prison and policing policies, deepening the state's ongoing budget crisis.
It targets youth for adult incarceration by deeming any youth 14 years or older who is convicted of a "gang-related" felony must be tried as an adult.
Only Thing I Do agree on this is the background check on subsidized housing - that and the denying of bail to illegal immigrants - they should rewrite this and just have those two.

Prop 7 - RENEWABLE ENERGY GENERATION.

Voting - Yes - Why Not? According to the fine print - "#  Utilities will be prohibited from passing along penalties to their electric rate-payers. "
It's worth a try .

Prop 8 - ELIMINATES RIGHT OF SAME–SEX COUPLES TO MARRY.

Voting - No - Why deny them rights?!? - it's not going to help me or hurt me - I could care less if they get married - I can't believe people even care if they get married - like its a infection or something if they do get married - using those kids talking about learning about gay people in schools - that's sad.

Prop 9 - CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM. VICTIMS’ RIGHTS. PAROLE.

Voting - Yes

Prop 10 - ALTERNATIVE FUEL VEHICLES AND RENEWABLE ENERGY

Voting - Yes

Prop 11 - REDISTRICTING

Voting - Yes - It gives power to redistrict to 14 people = 5 democrats and 5 republicans & 4 of neither.

Prop 12 - VETERANS’ BOND ACT OF 2008.

Voting - Yes - Give them a chance to buy a home.

President - Obama/Biden

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Californians + People in LA County - Who/What R U Voting For & Why?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:34 AM »
I'm pretty much voting the same.  I'm not sure on 7 though.  And I'm voting no on prop 11, the only right thing to do here is to just eliminate all districts.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »

Voting - YES - provides a fast, cheap way to commute thru california - reduces traffic congestion, reduces pollution

Voting - No - waste of tax money

Voting - NO - Because:
-can just go to their mommy's hospital.  really thought..i find it waste of money.

Prop 4. - WAITING PERIOD AND PARENTAL NOTIFICATION BEFORE TERMINATION OF MINOR’S PREGNANCY.

Voting - yes - Need to notify.

Voting - NO -They won't be cured...fuckin' waste of tax money.   

Voting - No - I will never support the police especially LAPD.  Treated me bad...ain't gonna help them with funding.  Besides..they get enough funding as is...

Voting - Yes - could try something different approach.

Voting - yes - I just believe in traditional marriage...however..i do support people's right..hmm..still thinking.

Voting - no.  I'm not gonna support this.  Victims don't more rights or imput on bail, parole, and early release on criminal offenders. FUCK NO.  that's what courts are all about.  BIG waste of MONEY. WOuld increase more tax.

Voting - Yes I can go with this.

Prop 11 - REDISTRICTING

Voting - Yes - It gives power to redistrict to 14 people = 5 democrats and 5 republicans & 4 of neither. (I agree)

President - Obama/Biden
ALL THE WAY.

[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 12:47:25 PM »

Voting - NO - Because:
-can just go to their mommy's hospital.  really thought..i find it waste of money.

Voting - No - I will never support the police especially LAPD.  Treated me bad...ain't gonna help them with funding.  Besides..they get enough funding as is...

Voting - yes - I just believe in traditional marriage...however..i do support people's right..hmm..still thinking.

Voting - no.  I'm not gonna support this.  Victims don't more rights or imput on bail, parole, and early release on criminal offenders. FUCK NO.  that's what courts are all about.  BIG waste of MONEY. WOuld increase more tax.

Prop 11 - REDISTRICTING

Voting - Yes - It gives power to redistrict to 14 people = 5 democrats and 5 republicans & 4 of neither. (I agree)

President - Obama/Biden
ALL THE WAY.

lol
Prop 5 Actually SAVES Money! and why the yes vote on 4? (just curious)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »

Voting - NO - Because:

Prop 11 - REDISTRICTING

President - Obama/Biden
ALL THE WAY.

lol
Prop 5 Actually SAVES Money! and why the yes vote on 4? (just curious)

Well..prop 4..is basd on moral type of thing.  I mean..I'm sure these kids would be looking for some sort of support...it's basically a moral support...i guess.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:34:41 PM »
I've still got another year before I'm eligible to vote, but if I could I would of voted:

Voting - YES - Though I'm worried about the budget, I see infrastructure as a crucial expense.

Voting - Yes - Not really that important, but animals are living things too.

Voting - No - California's health care system needs to be changed as a whole. Increasing funding for one part is ineffective.

Voting - Yes - This is  a hard vote, because you lose either way. I vote yes because unless abortions are free, you'll still have back ally abortions. If a parent is a legal guardian they have the right to know.

Voting - Yes - Non violent drug possession is not a serious crime. The California prison system is under strain from housing 3 times as many inmates as the prisons were designed for. Simply jailing every law breaker is not practical.

Voting - No - See E-Crazy's response.

Voting - No - I love renewable energy as much as the next person, but forcing private companies to get more renewable energy is a mistake. Incentives like tax breaks are the way to go so we don't burden companies who are unable to fufill these rewuiremtns at this time. Laws prohibiting utility companies from passing along penalties to their rate-payers already exist if I'm not mistaken. And these laws are almost impossible to enforce because it is so hard to tell why a company raises rates (never mind proving it).

Voting - No - Don't really care either way, but under equal rights, this law shouldn't pass.

Voting - Yes. Protecting human rights and saving some money too.

Voting - Yes. I'm Kind of 50/50 on this, but I'd vote yes. It provides the incentives I was talking about on prop 7.

Prop 11 - REDISTRICTING

Voting - Elected officials have proved to be incompetent. A change is needed.

Voting - Yes - Don't see any reason to deny vets chance to buy homes/farms. Won't cost much to California, since it's just a loan.

President - Obama/Biden

SO PRUP

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
voted the same on all of those along with yes on prop r

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »
I wanna speak something on prop 4 and 5..

on 4: would you vote yes still if a girl got pregnated by her own father?  I mean, it's pointless to tell her father, right?  I voted yes though...
just something to think about...I was gonna put no..but I sticked with my gun.

on 5: Why should should we pay for someone's problem?  Can't they pay their rehab if they are serious about being cured?  I voted yes, however.
I was gonna put no...anyway.

I was just trying to point out pros and cons.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 12:50:59 AM »
Prop 11 is being misunderstood

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 07:35:23 AM »
Prop 11 is being misunderstood
Care to elaborate?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 08:21:31 AM »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »
The whole reason behind Prop 11 is to have more competitive districts.  Representatives have to run every 2 years, so now they're gonna have to run a campaign every two years as well?  Apart from that, the politicians that are a bit more left and a bit more right than the rest of the country will have their voices shut because they will have to be more to the center.  The real answer is to stay as is OR remove all districts period.