Author Topic: T.I. - Paper Trail classic???  (Read 1115 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: T.I. - Paper Trail classic???
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
I don't agree. The first album is great and I was just listening to Red Light District, which has 2 or 3 filler tracks. Same can be said for Release Therapy and I have to peep Chicken N Beer again. T.I. has preety much the same discography, King is considered his 2nd best album and that has 2,3 filler and I've never really listened to Trap Muzik (will do that soon).
I hated Chicken N Beer, lol..Release Therapy started off sick and finished well but i didn't like the middle part of that album..woah at the bold..considered his best album..rolling stone just dubbed it a classic and #95 greatest (rap?) album of all time..

Trap Muzik def isn't a classic, and def not the #95 greatest Hip Hop album of all time.  It's not the same universe as Paid In Full, The Chronic, Illmatic, 3 Feet High and Rising, Low End Theory, 36 chambers, Doggystyle, etc etc.  He simply got mention because Hip Hop has mostly been pure ass in the last several years and they try to include something recent so younger and newer fans will pick up their mag.  Pretty sure RS also said Weezy is the goat or some shit.

I gotta agree with you there. Its a very good album, but I can't play it all the way through, that is a definition of a classic.

it can be a down south classic. ;)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: T.I. - Paper Trail classic???
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2008, 03:21:22 PM »
I don't agree. The first album is great and I was just listening to Red Light District, which has 2 or 3 filler tracks. Same can be said for Release Therapy and I have to peep Chicken N Beer again. T.I. has preety much the same discography, King is considered his 2nd best album and that has 2,3 filler and I've never really listened to Trap Muzik (will do that soon).
I hated Chicken N Beer, lol..Release Therapy started off sick and finished well but i didn't like the middle part of that album..woah at the bold..considered his best album..rolling stone just dubbed it a classic and #95 greatest (rap?) album of all time..

Trap Muzik def isn't a classic, and def not the #95 greatest Hip Hop album of all time.  It's not the same universe as Paid In Full, The Chronic, Illmatic, 3 Feet High and Rising, Low End Theory, 36 chambers, Doggystyle, etc etc.  He simply got mention because Hip Hop has mostly been pure ass in the last several years and they try to include something recent so younger and newer fans will pick up their mag.  Pretty sure RS also said Weezy is the goat or some shit.

I gotta agree with you there. Its a very good album, but I can't play it all the way through, that is a definition of a classic.
that's not true. i can listen from top to bottom. but that's your opinion homie.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.