Author Topic: {NEW} Slim Thug - "I Run" (Produced by Jim Jonsin) [dirty][REMASTERED] *mp3*  (Read 352 times)

Tha Crip

i only checked it for the beat....this guys beats bang big time 8)...they kinda sound the same tho

made it sound alot better then when i downloaded it...enjoy

http://www.zshare.net/audio/511788528b543b47/

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:35:42 AM by Tha Crip »
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Lunatic

Slim mentioned a Jonsin joint in my interview with 'em...this must be it.

props!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Invincible

Thanks. Been waiting on some new Slim Thug.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shit is tight as fuck! Slims first album was really goood, i was feeling alot of songs on there. The guy definately has a good ear for beeats. Whens his new album dropping? Whats his label situation?

Lunatic

^i was disappointed with his 1st album..liked 5 songs or so..thought the beats didn't fit 'em and was disappointed at the neptunes..

he on KOCH now.

Lunatic

Q: I want to talk about to you Slim about the upcoming solo. What is the current status on “Boss of all Bosses?”

Slim Thug: The album is ready, it’s complete. We’re just trying to figure out if we want to put it out in November or February. That’s where we’re at. Basically all we’re doing is sitting back waiting on that decision, one project at a time; we’re putting this project out so all we can do is for this. As for my record, I got over 150 fuckin’ songs so I’m ready to drop whenever; you know what I’m saying? We’re just trying to figure out if we want to do it in November or February.

Q: Tell us about the decision to leave Interscope Records.

Slim Thug: When I first signed to Interscope/Geffen, I loved it. I loved everybody I was working it; I had a good relationship with everybody. But after we dropped “Already Platinum” they fired there whole staff; from the presidents to my A&R; to the marketing people, everybody. There are just one or two people that are still there from the time I was. I tried to re-build a relationship with the new people but it never just got all the way together, we never got on the same page. That started to slow down the process of my project. The new A&R didn’t want to pick up where another A&R left off. A different A&R picked me as the artist than the A&R that is now there. The new A&R was slacking when it came to me because they didn’t pick me as an artist. Me personally, I didn’t feel as if Interscope truly understands what Houston music is and what it is about. They wanted me to do one thing and when I would explain to them another way; when they okay go your way, I can go my way but when it was something they didn’t agree with, they weren’t going to put it out. That type of stuff got old to me. I was like I really rather do it independent. I can’t call Jimmy Iovine whenever I want; I can call Adam whenever and we can talk about anything and get work done; I like that. We have the whole machine moving; everybody is doing their job and on the same page.

Q: So the album is complete, have you picked out a first single?

Slim Thug: I got an album worth of shit, I got a 150 fuckin’ songs. We haven’t picked out one song out. We got a good idea of which one it’s going to be. We just leaked a record as a matter of fact we just put out a new record with (Dr.) Dre and Devin (the dude) called “Bitch I’m Back” for the streets. It’s on the internet, crazy. We haven’t picked out a first single, I just did some records with Jim Jonsin (editor’s note: producer for Lil Wayne “Lollipop” and T.I. “whatever you like”) and I’m working to this day; so I haven’t made no decision as far as the first singles goes. If we drop the album in November, I know I need a single by September, I’ll pick it then. Until that day comes, I’m going to keep working.

Q: Will the Dr. Dre produced “Bitch I’m Back” is that a lock to make the cut?

Slim Thug: Nah, it ain’t 100% for sure if it’s going to appear on the album. I did so much work that I can leak something down every month. I got so many records. Like I said, it depends on what time it’s going to be when we drop; if we drop the album in February, most likely “Bitch I’m Back” won’t be on the album because it’ll be a bit old by then.

Q: How did you hook with Dr. Dre? Not a lot of people are getting Dre beats these days.

Slim Thug: That was through Interscope.

Invincible

Slims first album was really goood, i was feeling alot of songs on there. The guy definately has a good ear for beeats.

^i was disappointed with his 1st album..liked 5 songs or so..thought the beats didn't fit 'em and was disappointed at the neptunes..

I agree with the first statement. I thought the beats fitted him pretty well and were some of Neptunes best beats.

Invincible

Q: I want to talk about to you Slim about the upcoming solo. What is the current status on “Boss of all Bosses?”

Slim Thug: The album is ready, it’s complete. We’re just trying to figure out if we want to put it out in November or February. That’s where we’re at. Basically all we’re doing is sitting back waiting on that decision, one project at a time; we’re putting this project out so all we can do is for this. As for my record, I got over 150 fuckin’ songs so I’m ready to drop whenever; you know what I’m saying? We’re just trying to figure out if we want to do it in November or February.

Slim Thug: When I first signed to Interscope/Geffen, I loved it. I loved everybody I was working it; I had a good relationship with everybody. But after we dropped “Already Platinum” they fired there whole staff; from the presidents to my A&R; to the marketing people, everybody. There are just one or two people that are still there from the time I was. I tried to re-build a relationship with the new people but it never just got all the way together, we never got on the same page. That started to slow down the process of my project. The new A&R didn’t want to pick up where another A&R left off. A different A&R picked me as the artist than the A&R that is now there. The new A&R was slacking when it came to me because they didn’t pick me as an artist. Me personally, I didn’t feel as if Interscope truly understands what Houston music is and what it is about. They wanted me to do one thing and when I would explain to them another way; when they okay go your way, I can go my way but when it was something they didn’t agree with, they weren’t going to put it out. That type of stuff got old to me. I was like I really rather do it independent. I can’t call Jimmy Iovine whenever I want; I can call Adam whenever and we can talk about anything and get work done; I like that. We have the whole machine moving; everybody is doing their job and on the same page.

Slim Thug: I got an album worth of shit, I got a 150 fuckin’ songs. We haven’t picked out one song out. We got a good idea of which one it’s going to be. We just leaked a record as a matter of fact we just put out a new record with (Dr.) Dre and Devin (the dude) called “Bitch I’m Back” for the streets. It’s on the internet, crazy. We haven’t picked out a first single, I just did some records with Jim Jonsin (editor’s note: producer for Lil Wayne “Lollipop” and T.I. “whatever you like”) and I’m working to this day; so I haven’t made no decision as far as the first singles goes. If we drop the album in November, I know I need a single by September, I’ll pick it then. Until that day comes, I’m going to keep working.

Slim Thug: Nah, it ain’t 100% for sure if it’s going to appear on the album. I did so much work that I can leak something down every month. I got so many records. Like I said, it depends on what time it’s going to be when we drop; if we drop the album in February, most likely “Bitch I’m Back” won’t be on the album because it’ll be a bit old by then.

Q: How did you hook with Dr. Dre? Not a lot of people are getting Dre beats these days.

Is this your interview? Props for the info.

Lunatic

ya that was my interview that dropped in Sept.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
good shit... not a big fan of slim but this is bumpable.

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
This is pretty dope.aint feelin the hook tho.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
dope song  8) jim jonsin 1 of the best producers out now...

Invincible

ya that was my interview that dropped in Sept.

Must of missed that one, or did I? Can't remember now.

LONDON!!

i only checked it for the beat....this guys beats bang big time 8)...they kinda sound the same tho

made it sound alot better then when i downloaded it...enjoy

http://www.zshare.net/audio/511788528b543b47/

props for this, slim thugga

"get this money by any means nessassary"

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
major props.. Slim got ears for nice beats!

I Aint Feelin Tha Hook Thou