Author Topic: All Eyes On Me **VS** Detox  (Read 1276 times)

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
All Eyes On Me **VS** Detox
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:17:30 AM »
whats up yall.. i was listning to all eyes on me the other day all the way tru both disks... and it came to me that it is a more mainstreem pop soudning album but it has true west bangers that define the 90s
i mean there are hardly and tracks i skip if any the only reason id skip a song is becasue i herd it a million times.. this album has as you all know daz quik ect production.. and feats like kurupt, daz, snoop, nate dogg, dru down... big syke. thug life outlaws. i mean the westcoast heavy hitter list goes on and on.. theres some pop songs and some tracks with deep messages its basicly a perfect album...

and when i think of dre's detox and i see wack ass names like 50 and stuff.. that fckin euro white boy wigger shit... im thinking rap is over... dre could make a album and put on some majour westcoast vets and make a proper west only album... but he wont becasue that wont make the money... wheres spice 1 eiht scc. ecrdres basicly telling everyone on the west that they aint good enough to be on his high profile glossy album... dudes straight wack... he aint givin a fuck about the west he only making sure that his album is goign to sell to these fake as whiteboys.. over here. thats the hard hittin truth  hes making sure his feats are all A list like its a fuckin award ceremoney... shocking

Mr. VIP

Re: All Eyes On Me **VS** Detox
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:21:52 AM »
how can u compare a classic to an album that hasnt even come out? fuckin idiot.

8)

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:24:30 AM »

8)

lol

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

Elano

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »

Soopahigh

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:39:30 AM »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 09:42:53 AM »
I don't think he is comparing the 2. Not that I am speaking for him, but the way I interpreted his post is will Detox have a similar lineup like AEOM or will it be more of a mainstream compilation just for the marquee value to it.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »

8)

you missed my point you fuckin silly cunt

I don't think he is comparing the 2. Not that I am speaking for him, but the way I interpreted his post is will Detox have a similar lineup like AEOM or will it be more of a mainstream compilation just for the marquee value to it.

yea thats exactly what i mean....
if u take detox by face value i know i wont buy it becasue of the g unit factor...
im just saying that 2 pac did it with solid feats.... i think dres scared if he uses west cats less people will buy it

lol all all you cunts quoting this fool with 70 posts....

did u even read my post

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 10:12:42 AM »

8)

you missed my point you fuckin silly cunt

yea thats exactly what i mean....
if u take detox by face value i know i wont buy it becasue of the g unit factor...
im just saying that 2 pac did it with solid feats.... i think dres scared if he uses west cats less people will buy it

lol all all you cunts quoting this fool with 70 posts....

did u even read my post

All good man I understood what you meant.

'EclipZe

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 10:16:24 AM »
Yeah he got some bs artist listed but 50 can be dope on a hook, and eminem can spit hot verses, detox could become pretty good (if it ever comes out that is) but it won't be the same as 2pac did with all eyes on me with 'lesser' names because of the simple fact that they just don't sell. fucking sucks.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 10:21:52 AM »
Yeah he got some bs artist listed but 50 can be dope on a hook, and eminem can spit hot verses, detox could become pretty good (if it ever comes out that is) but it won't be the same as 2pac did with all eyes on me with 'lesser' names because of the simple fact that they just don't sell. fucking sucks.

yea i feel that... i jsut want a westcoast album ya dig

dre has the juice to do it but he wont imagin a detox with shitlaod of feats of all the westcasts... pipedream..

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
All Eyez On Me wasn't even Pac's best album. It had some of his biggest hits and best records on there and that often allows for the lesser material to be overshadowed in most fans' minds but "Me Against The World" and "Makaveli" are both better albums. And it wasn't like it was all West Coast rappers either. It had Method Man, Redman, plus R&B singers like Danny Boy and K-Ci and Jo-Jo. This was a different environment altogether when it came out too where New York wasn't fucking with the West Coast and for the most part, vice versa. 

Dusan123

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 11:56:27 AM »
Both albums are using only the hottest rappers of it's time, All Eyez on Me just happened to be in the golden age of the west (one year after in my opinion) so thats why it had so many west artists. Alhough I wish Detox had these artists, do you think some kid in the record store will pick up Detox and be like "Oh man, Tray-Dee!"
I'm a ten, you're just a fuckin' zero! - B-Real

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
yea i agree that "me against the world" was better.. your missing the point..... its not what we think is better its what the world knows and everyone else all over the world knows that all eyez on me.. aint no one in europ knowing strictly or 2pacolyps.... ya dig.. im saying pac did it right with that album.... and all im saying is dre already got off on the wrong foot...

Both albums are using only the hottest rappers of it's time, All Eyez on Me just happened to be in the golden age of the west (one year after in my opinion) so thats why it had so many west artists. Alhough I wish Detox had these artists, do you think some kid in the record store will pick up Detox and be like "Oh man, Tray-Dee!"

pete rock
wu tang
fuckin east cats of the 90s especially 96 is endless.... and i know he could of got these cats on all eyez... and thats waht im saying so bascily dre is making the album forlittle kids and dudes who dont know shit aobut hip hop you ahve proved it with your last comment that detox wont be a concrete hip hop album but a trans gender piece of shit.. like kanya west or summin.. thats how i feel anyway

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 12:12:55 PM »
All Eyez On Me unified the coast. And Pac was homies with everybody on that album excluding Dre. Much like the 1st 2 Chronics. Now the question is will Detox be like that or just a bunch of collabos with big names, which might make it less cohesive.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »