Author Topic: Kanye West - Kanye_West-808s_And_Heartbreaks-2008-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9965 times)

Lunatic

So the general consensus is that this album is freeway material right?
well i think most on here are waitin' for the grouprip..i ain't heard it, and i know same here with a few others..

Well if it is dominated with that autotune bullshit I ain't copping it. He absolutely sounded like shit on Swagger Like Us.
not just dominated, the whole thing is autotune and signing ::)

Singing? U serious?
yep..wayne lollipop/T.I. whatever u like (minus auto tune) /kanye love lockdown style..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Cool Kanye just saved me money. Now I can buy some In N Out Burger after buying Luda's and sit at home n chill.  ;D

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
^i'm startin' to think nobody really got they hands on this and the label leaked the webrip to start shit like this..labels been known to leak clean/poor quality albums days before the release and oddly enough days before the real deal (cdq/retail/etc) leaks..

no label would do that.

nuh uh.

penenstamp

^i'm startin' to think nobody really got they hands on this and the label leaked the webrip to start shit like this..labels been known to leak clean/poor quality albums days before the release and oddly enough days before the real deal (cdq/retail/etc) leaks..

no label would do that.

nuh uh.

They wouldn't openly admit it, but they would rather have songs circulating in bad quality than in top notch quality.

Big releases usually get leaked on Thursdays, so I'ma put my e-money for the grouprip on Thursday.

dameons

This release won't even be worth a blank disc being used to burn it with.Luda's album will be hit and miss. I'm worried about E-40's being shit , too. I'll burn the Luda and E-40 releases, but I think all three of these albums will be forgettable. 40 Water's will have atleast a few dope cuts ( thanks to Rick Rock ).

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm sure all the people talking down on this album hated on "The Love Below" as well (which is what "808's And Heartbreak" reminds me of). I love this album (though, I haven't heard the two songs that haven't leaked). When a hip-hop artist releases an album like this (a la Andre 3000), most "hardcore hip-hop fans" despise their art. Hip-hop to me has no boundaries (which is why I love it so much), and too often the music stays in a repetitive loop. Artists like Kanye, Andre 3000, Cee-Lo...have such a great vision to expand the music and take it to levels where it's never been before (not only in hip-hop, but music in general/which is something I can never hate on). "808's and Heartbreak" is simply great music to me.

Lunatic

^using auto tune and singing on a whole album is far from having a vision or expanding the music; it's a cheap way out of selling records because kanye saw auto tune/singing (1 or both) work for T-Pain, Wayne & T.I..decides to make a fuckin full album of it ::)

plz don't ever compare Kanye to 3Stacks

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm sure all the people talking down on this album hated on "The Love Below" as well (which is what "808's And Heartbreak" reminds me of). I love this album (though, I haven't heard the two songs that haven't leaked). When a hip-hop artist releases an album like this (a la Andre 3000), most "hardcore hip-hop fans" despise their art. Hip-hop to me has no boundaries (which is why I love it so much), and too often the music stays in a repetitive loop. Artists like Kanye, Andre 3000, Cee-Lo...have such a great vision to expand the music and take it to levels where it's never been before (not only in hip-hop, but music in general/which is something I can never hate on). "808's and Heartbreak" is simply great music to me.

I feel what you are saying. But for me, certain artists I DO NOT want to hear singing and Kanye is one of them. For me he has just fallen in love with this autotune craze that is starting to fuck up the quality of the music. When Andre and Cee-Lo did it, it was not forced. With Kanye it seems like it is and there is a hidden agenda behind it (SALES, COUGH!)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Alright, the whole idea behind the "808's And Heartbreak" album has to do with the vocoder and 808 drums. The vocoder is the heartbreak (sadness in the lyrics) and the album's backdrop is the 808 drums. Only once during the album he strays from the vocoder (on the upbeat "Paronoid"). Like I've said, there's a couple tracks I haven't heard, so I can't make a fair review of this, yet. However, from what I've heard, I haven't listened to an album in a long time with the almost flawless production as 808's.
I compared this to "The Love Below" because it has the same theme and vibe (though I like "The Love Below" better, so far). 808's is an exceptional album, though. There's a lot of substance to Kanye's lyrics, as well (his songwriting has definitely improved on this album/poetically).

Lunatic

I feel what you are saying. But for me, certain artists I DO NOT want to hear singing and Kanye is one of them. For me he has just fallen in love with this autotune craze that is starting to fuck up the quality of the music. When Andre and Cee-Lo did it, it was not forced. With Kanye it seems like it is and there is a hidden agenda behind it (SALES, COUGH!)
that's how i see it; it was cool when 3stacks did it and cee-lo because there was no hidden agenda which i see as easy sales as well.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Alright, the whole idea behind the "808's And Heartbreak" album has to do with the vocoder and 808 drums. The vocoder is the heartbreak (sadness in the lyrics) and the album's backdrop is the 808 drums. Only once during the album he strays from the vocoder (on the upbeat "Paronoid"). Like I've said, there's a couple tracks I haven't heard, so I can't make a fair review of this, yet. However, from what I've heard, I haven't listened to an album in a long time with the almost flawless production as 808's.
I compared this to "The Love Below" because it has the same theme and vibe (though I like "The Love Below" better, so far). 808's is an exceptional album, though. There's a lot of substance to Kanye's lyrics, as well (his songwriting has definitely improved on this album/poetically).

Ok that's a cool concept. I will listen to it and see what it do, but I don't know if I am going to like it. Just being honest.

Lunatic

Ok that's a cool concept. I will listen to it and see what it do, but I don't know if I am going to like it. Just being honest.
Same here, I am going to give it a fair chance when it leaks grouprip ;D  i just don't like the idea of full blown autotune/singing

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Same here, I am going to give it a fair chance when it leaks grouprip ;D  i just don't like the idea of full blown autotune/singing

I just find it ironic and very unoriginal on Kanye's part to do a vocoder/autotune heavy album with the Waynes T-Pain's, Snoops and 50's of the world had have tried it and had success with it. And hip hop now is about copying trends and doing it still people are sick in the stomach of it. If his intentions are good that is one thing, but this is Kanye here. He has a Napolean complex.

Lunatic

I just find it ironic and very unoriginal on Kanye's part to do a vocoder/autotune heavy album with the Waynes T-Pain's, Snoops and 50's of the world had have tried it and had success with it. And hip hop now is about copying trends and doing it still people are sick in the stomach of it. If his intentions are good that is one thing, but this is Kanye here. He has a Napolean complex.
I agree..it's unoriginal..very..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
still no CDQ?