Author Topic: Kanye West - Kanye_West-808s_And_Heartbreaks-2008-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9974 times)

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Alright, the whole idea behind the "808's And Heartbreak" album has to do with the vocoder and 808 drums. The vocoder is the heartbreak (sadness in the lyrics) and the album's backdrop is the 808 drums. Only once during the album he strays from the vocoder (on the upbeat "Paronoid"). Like I've said, there's a couple tracks I haven't heard, so I can't make a fair review of this, yet. However, from what I've heard, I haven't listened to an album in a long time with the almost flawless production as 808's.
I compared this to "The Love Below" because it has the same theme and vibe (though I like "The Love Below" better, so far). 808's is an exceptional album, though. There's a lot of substance to Kanye's lyrics, as well (his songwriting has definitely improved on this album/poetically).

Ok that's a cool concept. I will listen to it and see what it do, but I don't know if I am going to like it. Just being honest.
Same here, I am going to give it a fair chance when it leaks grouprip ;D  i just don't like the idea of full blown autotune/singing

I just find it ironic and very unoriginal on Kanye's part to do a vocoder/autotune heavy album with the Waynes T-Pain's, Snoops and 50's of the world had have tried it and had success with it. And hip hop now is about copying trends and doing it still people are sick in the stomach of it. If his intentions are good that is one thing, but this is Kanye here. He has a Napolean complex.
I agree..it's unoriginal..very..
So, when everyone was doing G-Funk in the 90's, it was very unoriginal and wack as well?

Lunatic

Alright, the whole idea behind the "808's And Heartbreak" album has to do with the vocoder and 808 drums. The vocoder is the heartbreak (sadness in the lyrics) and the album's backdrop is the 808 drums. Only once during the album he strays from the vocoder (on the upbeat "Paronoid"). Like I've said, there's a couple tracks I haven't heard, so I can't make a fair review of this, yet. However, from what I've heard, I haven't listened to an album in a long time with the almost flawless production as 808's.
I compared this to "The Love Below" because it has the same theme and vibe (though I like "The Love Below" better, so far). 808's is an exceptional album, though. There's a lot of substance to Kanye's lyrics, as well (his songwriting has definitely improved on this album/poetically).

Ok that's a cool concept. I will listen to it and see what it do, but I don't know if I am going to like it. Just being honest.
Same here, I am going to give it a fair chance when it leaks grouprip ;D  i just don't like the idea of full blown autotune/singing

I just find it ironic and very unoriginal on Kanye's part to do a vocoder/autotune heavy album with the Waynes T-Pain's, Snoops and 50's of the world had have tried it and had success with it. And hip hop now is about copying trends and doing it still people are sick in the stomach of it. If his intentions are good that is one thing, but this is Kanye here. He has a Napolean complex.
So, when everyone was doing G-Funk in the 90's, it was very unoriginal and wack as well?
not wack because the music itself was good

g-funk = good
autotune = not good

lol, simple as that..it wasn't original for everyone to jump onto gfunk, but at least it's good..u talkin' to the wrong 1..i ain't 1 of the west coast heads stuck up on the 90s and all that shit actin like everything now in days sucks..i fucks with all coasts..difference is kanye jumped on something that sucks lol

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
But, you have to take his music on this album into account. Regardless if you like autotune or not, the beats are amazing. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the autotune either (never liked T-Pain's music), but it works very nice on this album, IMO.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

wack yes for certain artists. Unoriginal yes when it is over used. EVERYONE and they momma is doing autotune right now just because Lollipop did well and other tracks. Just because it sounds good for one artists does not mean it's good for everyone. G-Funk included.

Lunatic

^unrelated, but im so glad T.I. didn't do autotune at all for his cd

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

yeah, its good...but he was pushing it with Whatever You Like lol. ;)

Lunatic

ya it was stupid with signing but thank god he (at least) avoided autotune

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

ya it was stupid with signing but thank god he (at least) avoided autotune

true that & the song was pretty big on the radio. maybe hell inspire the new cats to stay away from it.

Lunatic

^hopefully..huge on radio..set a billboard record..

Lunatic

Re: Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak-(Web Rip)-[Explicit]-2008 (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
Big releases usually get leaked on Thursdays, so I'ma put my e-money for the grouprip on Thursday.
i'd be shocked if any of these make it all the way to thurs without leakin..

da_notorious_mack

Re: Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak-(Web Rip)-[Explicit]-2008 (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2008, 02:58:55 AM »
wow how this thread get 5 pages??...shits goin to be garbage i wudnt break up weed on this c.d case let alone buy it

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2008, 12:15:20 PM »
KID CUDI!!!!!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2008, 02:27:39 PM »
wow how this thread get 5 pages??...shits goin to be garbage i wudnt break up weed on this c.d case let alone buy it

thats why we want it to leak...

were not planning on buying it. ;)