Author Topic: Kanye West - Kanye_West-808s_And_Heartbreaks-2008-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9979 times)

Blood$

Re: Kanye West - Kanye_West-808s_And_Heartbreaks-2008-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
the only tracks I'm really fuckin' with are "Welcome To Heartbreak", "Heartless", and "Love Lockdown"... "Amazing" was ok but could have been better, the rest really ain't me

h2k4

« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »
Pretty disappointed with this album.  I give him credit for wanting to try something different but the auto-tune on the whole album is not for him.  "Heartless" was the only song worth listening to.  Trey Songz' verion of "Love Lockdown" > Kanye's version.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDOR2P_JknA&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gDOR2P_JknA&amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:57:00 AM by h2k4 »

westsiderider323

« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »
i just listened to it today for the first time after refusin to listen to it and IMO its kinda wack only tracks that are aight is "Amazing" and "Love Lockdown"

Young Old Head

« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2008, 05:47:09 AM »

Kanye remains an amazing producer, that Welcome To Heartbreak beat gives me chills.

The original is haunting..

hook it up then :) haven't heard it yet...

Cash Money Blood Gang

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2008, 07:38:59 AM »
i hate to go against you guys, but i really enjoyed this album. it's nothing like the kanye we're used to, but i think it's really catchy and well produced.

i have this album in my rotation, go figure.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2008, 01:27:49 PM »
i hate to go against you guys, but i really enjoyed this album. it's nothing like the kanye we're used to, but i think it's really catchy and well produced.

i have this album in my rotation, go figure.

couldnt have said it better myself. ;)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »
i don't give a fuck about going against you guys, but i really enjoyed most of this album. it's nothing like the kanye we're used to, but i think it's really catchy and well produced.

i have this album in my rotation, fuck you.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »

01 - Say You Will
02 - Welcome to Heartbreak (feat. Kid Cudi)
03 - Heartless
04 - Amazing (feat. Young Jeezy)
05 - Love Lockdown
06 - Paranoid (feat. Mr. Hudson)
07 - RoboCop
08 - Street Lights
09 - Bad News
10 - See You In My Nightmares (feat. Lil Wayne)
11 - Coldest Winter
12 - Pinocchio Story

Much better.

Unfortunately, like the rest of his albums, I see myself getting tired of this quickly.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2008, 01:53:12 PM »
^ :o

Streetlights is one of the best songs off that album!

i agree with Say You Will & Bad News; they were pretty terrible.

wcsoldier

« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »
this album is horrible imo ... I have no interest in listening autotune ... and please don't bring that " it's an innovative and fresh album" argument because this is nothing but a sell out move ... at least now the music is definetely on line with the character : a joke

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2008, 11:17:37 PM »
to each his own. I'm sure coming from a hip hop purist frame of mind, this isn't appealing at all.

wcsoldier

« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »
^^^^ this is not even a question of this being hip-hop or not ... I listen to different kind of music aswell ... this autotune thing is just wack whether it is rap, rnb , pop .... the mainstream rap music has been so predictable and has just followed so blindly  stupid trends for 8 years + ... 1st it was these crossovers songs with RNB artists, then the club bangers , then these stupid D4L , Ying Yang Twins/ crunk meaningless type of songs and now autotune ... of course the artists are not the only to blame (read labels , radios and others type of medias..) but in this case I HIGHLY doubt that a successful artist like Kanye was forced to make an autotune album

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2008, 03:24:19 PM »
Kanye isn't creating a new sound, he's doing a genre that already exists, and he's doing it to a shitty degree..

If you thought this album was good because of the way it sounds, goto the proper genre this album belongs in (not Hip-Hop) and check out some of THEIR established and talented artists (yeah every genre has good artists face it).  You will be amazed, and come back to this thread saying how this album sucks.

People have already been doing this shit and to a higher degree, but for some reason these fans haven't looked outside of Hip-Hop to hear it, and they think this is some new and skillful shit!

FUUUUUUCK OUUUUUUUTTA HERE.

i agree with this, and i havent listened to the album, nor plan to, nor listened to the last one

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2008, 09:50:24 PM »
I SAID THIS WHEN LOVE LOCKDOWN CAME OUT, IT STANDS FOR THIS ENTIRE ALBUM:

Kanye isn't creating a new sound, he's doing a genre that already exists, and he's doing it to a shitty degree..

If you thought this album was good because of the way it sounds, goto the proper genre this album belongs in (not Hip-Hop) and check out some of THEIR established and talented artists (yeah every genre has good artists face it).  You will be amazed, and come back to this thread saying how this album sucks.

People have already been doing this shit and to a higher degree, but for some reason these fans haven't looked outside of Hip-Hop to hear it, and they think this is some new and skillful shit!

What :genre" is this even considered?

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2008, 12:49:07 AM »
I SAID THIS WHEN LOVE LOCKDOWN CAME OUT, IT STANDS FOR THIS ENTIRE ALBUM:

What :genre" is this even considered?
Robot-singing would be appropriate.