Author Topic: Tha Realest News  (Read 9285 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Realest News
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2009, 12:53:05 PM »
is his album droppin for real?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2009, 01:33:16 PM »
Some more news about the promotion of "Witness Tha Realest":

RBC Records is an independent label that doesn't promote like a major. Meaning that really all they do is put the album in stores, it is up to the artist to pay for promotion and everything else. All of that costs hundreds of thousands to a million dollars, which simply is not in our budget right now.

Nobody is expecting to see this album go gold or platinum or anything, because that's simply impossible these days the way the industry is, especially since this is on an independent label.

What I have been told is that there will be ad's in The Source, Murder Dog, and XXL, Tha Realest will have a cover story in BRE Magazine, and there will be commercials running on BET. Those are the promotional factors I have been made aware of, and these will all be handled by RBC. Those will all be put into play very soon I would expect, unless there is another delay I haven't been made aware of.

But in terms of videos, and radio play, there simply isn't the budget available to do so.

Any radio play will be totally up to the stations themselves to play, but we will not be paying to play. We have indeed shipped "Peep'n Game" to stations though, so the rest is up to the stations.

"Witness Tha Realest" is still dropping on May 19, 2009 and let us all hope there won't be no more delays and this album will finally see the light of day...

This is funny! They have a radio budget though! KOCH backs RBC 100%. The head of RBC has a pretty big role at E1/Koch. Also, it doesn't cost that much to get your shit some radio push, it's called radio blasts. TJ's and DJ's, Digiwaxx, your regular email blasts, etc. Hell, 2SPR handled Mark Morrison's radio campaign with simply online promotion and still managed to get plenty of radio play. So, I honestly think they can land radio play if stations like the artist.

No they don't have a radio budget through Koch. Only Koch Records has the radio budgets, and RBC runs through Koch Distribution, not Records. Koch Distribution simply puts the product in stores, it is not a label deal.With the exception of Tha Realest and Yukmouth releases, RBC usually runs through Koch, but as far as I know these releases will be distributed through Fontana/Universal. None the less, distribution deals don't provide promotion budgets, and that's what Realest has, a distribution deal. That's why you'll see Mike Bibby's "Team Dime" logo on the release, and you won't see a Koch, or Fontana/Universal logo.

We have to go through our own avenues to start campaigns, and 2SPR is actually one of the avenues we're looking to go through. We've got a DJ at Sirius/XM that's ready to start playing album material on the regular, so I'll be keeping everyone posted on when/if that goes down. In the mean time, check out some of the new tracks we've got posted at www.myspace.com/tharealest

Mietek23

« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2009, 04:19:16 AM »
Some more news about the promotion of "Witness Tha Realest":

RBC Records is an independent label that doesn't promote like a major. Meaning that really all they do is put the album in stores, it is up to the artist to pay for promotion and everything else. All of that costs hundreds of thousands to a million dollars, which simply is not in our budget right now.

Nobody is expecting to see this album go gold or platinum or anything, because that's simply impossible these days the way the industry is, especially since this is on an independent label.

What I have been told is that there will be ad's in The Source, Murder Dog, and XXL, Tha Realest will have a cover story in BRE Magazine, and there will be commercials running on BET. Those are the promotional factors I have been made aware of, and these will all be handled by RBC. Those will all be put into play very soon I would expect, unless there is another delay I haven't been made aware of.

But in terms of videos, and radio play, there simply isn't the budget available to do so.

Any radio play will be totally up to the stations themselves to play, but we will not be paying to play. We have indeed shipped "Peep'n Game" to stations though, so the rest is up to the stations.

"Witness Tha Realest" is still dropping on May 19, 2009 and let us all hope there won't be no more delays and this album will finally see the light of day...

This is funny! They have a radio budget though! KOCH backs RBC 100%. The head of RBC has a pretty big role at E1/Koch. Also, it doesn't cost that much to get your shit some radio push, it's called radio blasts. TJ's and DJ's, Digiwaxx, your regular email blasts, etc. Hell, 2SPR handled Mark Morrison's radio campaign with simply online promotion and still managed to get plenty of radio play. So, I honestly think they can land radio play if stations like the artist.

No they don't have a radio budget through Koch. Only Koch Records has the radio budgets, and RBC runs through Koch Distribution, not Records. Koch Distribution simply puts the product in stores, it is not a label deal.With the exception of Tha Realest and Yukmouth releases, RBC usually runs through Koch, but as far as I know these releases will be distributed through Fontana/Universal. None the less, distribution deals don't provide promotion budgets, and that's what Realest has, a distribution deal. That's why you'll see Mike Bibby's "Team Dime" logo on the release, and you won't see a Koch, or Fontana/Universal logo.

We have to go through our own avenues to start campaigns, and 2SPR is actually one of the avenues we're looking to go through. We've got a DJ at Sirius/XM that's ready to start playing album material on the regular, so I'll be keeping everyone posted on when/if that goes down. In the mean time, check out some of the new tracks we've got posted at www.myspace.com/tharealest

It's funny y'all got time to talk about this album on forum but can't write one fuckin' sentence on his website or myspace. That's a really good way to promote this record - +1

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »
Breaking News!  This just in....Tha Realest copies 2Pac, more on this at 11

kuruptDPG

« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
Breaking News!  This just in....Tha Realest copies 2Pac, more on this at 11

Breaking News!  This just in....YOUR GAY LOL!!

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2009, 12:08:41 PM »

[/quote]

It's funny y'all got time to talk about this album on forum but can't write one fuckin' sentence on his website or myspace. That's a really good way to promote this record - +1
[/quote]

Um, maybe because the cover just actually got finalized last week, and because it's actually in the process of being totally revamped? I stated this on his forum last week. Every member of the forum knows the release date. It's much quicker to post news than to make graphics and what not, that takes a little more time. Do you honestly think we'd slip on promoting on the website and MySpace?

There's 2 and a half months till the album drops. By the end of the week the website and MySpace will be totally revamped.

C'mon man, I'm over here trying to ignore the haters and drop info for people, the last thing I need is a fan shitting on us.

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2009, 05:00:01 PM »
+1 to enigma!

YOU THE MAN!

FUCK THE HATERZ

Muhfukka

« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
fuck the realest and all of the europeans who listen to him

Mietek23

« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2009, 01:14:13 AM »

Um, maybe because the cover just actually got finalized last week, and because it's actually in the process of being totally revamped? I stated this on his forum last week. Every member of the forum knows the release date. It's much quicker to post news than to make graphics and what not, that takes a little more time. Do you honestly think we'd slip on promoting on the website and MySpace?

There's 2 and a half months till the album drops. By the end of the week the website and MySpace will be totally revamped.

C'mon man, I'm over here trying to ignore the haters and drop info for people, the last thing I need is a fan shitting on us.

I ain't shitting on you dude - I'm just saying that his Website and Myspace hasen't been updated since forever and I ain't talking about graphic design. I know every forum member knows the release date but honestly - do you want to sell that cd only to forum members? I hope not. You've been saying that the update is on his way since November so I really hope you will stick up to your word this time..

+1 to enigma!

YOU THE MAN!

FUCK THE HATERZ

Who you calling a hater?

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
WELL THERE ARE A LOT ON THIS FORUM SO IM SAYING IT TO ALL THEM!

2euce 7even

« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2009, 04:11:08 PM »
fuck the realest and all of the europeans who listen to him

::)

Muhfukka

« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
what are you rolling your eyes about you german scum

Mietek23

« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2009, 02:18:52 AM »

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RACIST MUTHAFUCKA

2euce 7even

« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2009, 08:12:17 AM »
you´re retarded aren´t you?  ::)

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RACIST MUTHAFUCKA

thanks youngthug

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:43 PM »
aite about the "somebody's gonna die tonight"
how many versions are there?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.