Author Topic: Tha Realest News  (Read 9253 times)

Mietek23

Re: Realest News
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2009, 09:09:41 AM »
Here are 2 new tracks from Tha Realest that are featured on new Infamous C album:

Imma Kash Getta [Infamous C feat. Tha Realest & Gangsta Boo]
http://www.zshare.net/download/5683258781c1ec0e/

Who Eva [Infamous C feat. Tha Realest]
http://www.zshare.net/download/55810761d0b90abe/

NOTE: Both of those songs would be A LOT better if it wasen't for that Infamous C guy - dude is really wack...

Wow Tha Realest And Gangsta Boo  :o
Who Tha Hell Is That Infamous C Guy?

Some white rapper from Atlanta - he's wack but overall those 2 songs got nice beats and good raps from Tha Realest 8)

Mietek23

Re: Tha Realest News
« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2009, 03:27:41 AM »
Some news from Tha Realest camp about "Witness Tha Realest" and his Death Row material:

There likely won't be anymore Death Row Dayz releases, its just not something we or Tha Realest wanna focus on right now. He has a full album of material coming in less than 2 months. On top of that, we will be releasing 2 songs every week until the album drops starting NEXT week.

Also, I just got official word that "Peep'n Game" was shipped to radio stations across California, Texas, and Georgia on Monday. So expect that to be bumping on some radio stations, and feel free to call in and request it.

Cover for the album is being wrapped up this weekend as well. Due to all of this, expect the album to drop May 19 now. This way, Realest doesn't have to compete with Yukmouth for sales on the same drop date, and it gives the single a little more time to buzz on the radio.

Website and MySpace will be updated as soon as we have that final cover.

We'll then have a design scheme based on the cover and promotion for the album.

It's coming now y'all, 100% this time.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2009, 03:54:29 AM »
Some news from Tha Realest camp about "Witness Tha Realest" and his Death Row material:

There likely won't be anymore Death Row Dayz releases, its just not something we or Tha Realest wanna focus on right now. He has a full album of material coming in less than 2 months. On top of that, we will be releasing 2 songs every week until the album drops starting NEXT week.

Also, I just got official word that "Peep'n Game" was shipped to radio stations across California, Texas, and Georgia on Monday. So expect that to be bumping on some radio stations, and feel free to call in and request it.

Cover for the album is being wrapped up this weekend as well. Due to all of this, expect the album to drop May 19 now. This way, Realest doesn't have to compete with Yukmouth for sales on the same drop date, and it gives the single a little more time to buzz on the radio.

Website and MySpace will be updated as soon as we have that final cover.

We'll then have a design scheme based on the cover and promotion for the album.

It's coming now y'all, 100% this time.

good luck

love33

« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »
I'll be buying this one for sure.  I want to hear some more of the old Death Row tracks too.  I think he shouldn't just shelve them alltogether but I agree not to focus on it while they are trying to market this new product.  But down the line, I think they should release them kind of like what Suge did when he released "Dead Man Walkin" for Snoop.

Jaydc555

« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2009, 01:48:12 PM »
Ill buy a copy of both yuk and realest

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »
is tha realest ever goin to release his album?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mietek23

« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2009, 03:26:46 AM »
Some more news about the promotion of "Witness Tha Realest":

RBC Records is an independent label that doesn't promote like a major. Meaning that really all they do is put the album in stores, it is up to the artist to pay for promotion and everything else. All of that costs hundreds of thousands to a million dollars, which simply is not in our budget right now.

Nobody is expecting to see this album go gold or platinum or anything, because that's simply impossible these days the way the industry is, especially since this is on an independent label.

What I have been told is that there will be ad's in The Source, Murder Dog, and XXL, Tha Realest will have a cover story in BRE Magazine, and there will be commercials running on BET. Those are the promotional factors I have been made aware of, and these will all be handled by RBC. Those will all be put into play very soon I would expect, unless there is another delay I haven't been made aware of.

But in terms of videos, and radio play, there simply isn't the budget available to do so.

Any radio play will be totally up to the stations themselves to play, but we will not be paying to play. We have indeed shipped "Peep'n Game" to stations though, so the rest is up to the stations.

"Witness Tha Realest" is still dropping on May 19, 2009 and let us all hope there won't be no more delays and this album will finally see the light of day...

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2009, 09:24:33 AM »
Some more news about the promotion of "Witness Tha Realest":

RBC Records is an independent label that doesn't promote like a major. Meaning that really all they do is put the album in stores, it is up to the artist to pay for promotion and everything else. All of that costs hundreds of thousands to a million dollars, which simply is not in our budget right now.

Nobody is expecting to see this album go gold or platinum or anything, because that's simply impossible these days the way the industry is, especially since this is on an independent label.

What I have been told is that there will be ad's in The Source, Murder Dog, and XXL, Tha Realest will have a cover story in BRE Magazine, and there will be commercials running on BET. Those are the promotional factors I have been made aware of, and these will all be handled by RBC. Those will all be put into play very soon I would expect, unless there is another delay I haven't been made aware of.

But in terms of videos, and radio play, there simply isn't the budget available to do so.

Any radio play will be totally up to the stations themselves to play, but we will not be paying to play. We have indeed shipped "Peep'n Game" to stations though, so the rest is up to the stations.

"Witness Tha Realest" is still dropping on May 19, 2009 and let us all hope there won't be no more delays and this album will finally see the light of day...

This is funny! They have a radio budget though! KOCH backs RBC 100%. The head of RBC has a pretty big role at E1/Koch. Also, it doesn't cost that much to get your shit some radio push, it's called radio blasts. TJ's and DJ's, Digiwaxx, your regular email blasts, etc. Hell, 2SPR handled Mark Morrison's radio campaign with simply online promotion and still managed to get plenty of radio play. So, I honestly think they can land radio play if stations like the artist.

Mietek23

« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2009, 12:40:29 AM »
Here's the list of producers for the album:

1500 Or Nothin'
DJ Khaled
Blaqthoven
Mark Sparks
The Underdogs
Mel-Man
Detail [Konvict Music]
E. Poppi
DJ Domo [Rap-A-Lot producer]
Alif
Marvin "Marvelous" Paige
Eric Reese

Witness Tha Realest has been finished for quite some time, and was mastered at the end of last month. It is ready to go on May 19, 2009 so watch out 8)!

Mietek23

« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2009, 01:53:56 AM »
Just got the word from RBC, "Witness Tha Realest" and Yukmouth's "West Coast Don" will both be coming out on July 15, 2009.

I have been assured that this is the final release date, everything that needed to be signed off has been taken care of (both Yuk and Realest had issues signing a particular artist off for both of their albums, but that artist has been signed off).

Now everything is in order, and the cover has been finalized. It's being e-mailed to me, and I will post it as soon as I get it.

Apologies about the delay, but this is the record industry. The good news is that I was rest assured by RBC that this is the absolute final release date, and there's nothing that can possibly delay it again at this point.

Here's the final cover for the album:

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2009, 03:19:54 PM »
DOPE COVER!

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2009, 01:01:24 AM »
Very Mature Cover

Mietek23

« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2009, 01:17:48 AM »
I've expected something more but overall the cover is not bad - nothing special tho. Who designed it? Riskie? 101?

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2009, 03:02:44 AM »
THIS AINT A RISKIE COVER. LOOKS MORE LIKE ONEOONE. HE DOES MOST OF THA REALEST STUFF, HE DONE MOB MUZIK SO IM GUESSIN HE DONE THIS TOO.TALENTED BLOKE IF YOU ASK ME

ONE THING ID LIKE TO SEE ADDED TO THE COVER IS THE FEATURES ON THE ALBUM. HELPS SELL THE CD IMO

2euce 7even

« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2009, 04:01:29 AM »

ONE THING ID LIKE TO SEE ADDED TO THE COVER IS THE FEATURES ON THE ALBUM. HELPS SELL THE CD IMO

yezzar